Mcshay Mock has Najee Harris to Buffalo

15 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

1) Zevan Collins

2) Javonte Williams

I think Williams is just about as good a pro prospect as Harris. In fact his running style might even be better for the next level.  i don’t know that Harris’s sometimes upright style translates as well and I don’t see him highjumping NFL defenders. 

I also dont see the Bills using their first pick on a RB. They may not even draft one at all.

Agree, I’m all aboard the Javonte train.

I can’t really get too mad about any pick at this point because of how good the team is, but this is pretty much the last thing I’m hoping for (besides taking a QB or special teamer at 30).

At the moment, I’m hoping for Toney to slip, one of the LBs, OLine, or a trade down. 

I don’t think I’d bother drafting a RB anywhere this year. Would rather just sign a free agent if we aren’t happy with Moss/Singletary. 

Edited by DCOrange

Every year people immediately focus on the draft instead of free agency. I guess it’s easier as a fan because you know the universe of players and the order in which they’ll be available ...but...every year free agent signings come first, and they make the fan base say “well I guess that changes my mock draft”. The same will be true in 2021. No draft discussion is complete without first examining the universe of available free agents. In this case, if the Bills reload the D Line with free agents, it’s doubtful they’ll be picking the sixth or seventh best college prospect as late as we’re drafting this time. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Did they learn anything from watching the Super Bowl? Didn’t they see how Tampa neutralized KC and the Chiefs offense? It wasn’t with a RB!! Only RB that would’ve excelled behind the Bills offensive line was Barry Sanders. Fix the lines first, PLEASE!!!

You also have to attack KC's offense with RB's and TE's though. That is the way to move the ball against them. Now the thing is, I don't know what defensive pieces KC might lose this offseason. And I think by now every offensive coordinator knows to attack KC with TE's and RB's so I would expect the Chiefs to make drastic scheme and personnel changes in their defense heading into 2021.

We played KC twice and both times had very poor offensive showings because we attack primarily with our WR's. That is exactly what KC want's us to do. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I would hate for us to burn the assets required to get him.

Poor value for money pick.

No team should ever draft any RB in the first round!  Not enough impact on wins and losses to justify the cost.

I'm reflecting back on the good old days when we drafted CJ Spiller 9th overall.

Good God.

Drafting a RB at 30 is not comparable at all to drafting one in the top 10.  Im not saying I want a RB here, but its not a bad spot to take one if you think he's elite. 

The Bills are getting Star back to fill the middle and Beane will definitely expect WAY more out of Epenesa on the outside. That should be an upgrade at two of the four DL slots. The draft pick will come down to who’s sitting there when they finally get their turn. Depending on what happens in front of them I seriously doubt they’re jumping at the sixth or seventh best DL in this year’s class.

1 - I would love to see a stud running back on this offense

2 - Alabama skills players, minus wrs, make me nervous because who couldn’t put up numbers in that offense with all that talent

3 - after spending 2 3rds in back to back year on rbs, it seems insane to invest a 1st in one. Especially when history shows a low round or Udfa might be just as good, 

4 - with Allen and the receivers, for the first time in forever, we won’t have teams stacking the box daring us to throw. I think we just need a breakaway threat and they can be found many places besides the 1st round. 

like I won’t hate it because he was a beast in college but I feel like the pick could be used somewhere else. 

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Every year people immediately focus on the draft instead of free agency. I guess it’s easier as a fan because you know the universe of players and the order in which they’ll be available ...but...every year free agent signings come first, and they make the fan base say “well I guess that changes my mock draft”. The same will be true in 2021. No draft discussion is complete without first examining the universe of available free agents. In this case, if the Bills reload the D Line with free agents, it’s doubtful they’ll be picking the sixth or seventh best college prospect as late as we’re drafting this time. 

Yup, arguing before free agency is just a waste of time.  I have a feeling Beane is going to me more active than people expect too.  Also, the draft rankings/mock draft spots that are coming out now are going to change a ton in the next couple months.  There's always big risers and fallers because the media doesn't know what they are talking about

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Once you get a for sure salary cap, you'll start seeing players re-work contracts for teams to create cap space.  Then you'll have cap casualties... the draft is the only thing where you like know for sure who's even available.  But i agree - we don't really know what our needs are until post FA.  There arent really any TE's available so i would assume that will be a need.  oline/dline depth will get filled out but i know beane is willing to sign players just to replace them later.  

One component I haven't seen mentioned is the medium to longer term considerations.  Of course there will be a BPA in area of need, but the area of need includes cost control 2-3 years out.  For instance the huge investment in the DL needs to be addressed - and they have.  Oliver and Espenesa are developing into pieces of the DL and will replace expensive Murphy/Butler types.  Adding another that will replace Addison or eventually Hughes makes for good planning.

As for RB, I think a Kamara type would fit better than a D Henry type (Etienne over Harris).  But either way I think waiting a year is a better long term idea.  Give Singletary and Moss another year of separation between the next drafted back.  There will be plenty of one year rental RBs  - the L Bells and L Fournette types of this year - ie Mark Ingram/D Freeman stop gap measures.

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

You also have to attack KC's offense with RB's and TE's though. That is the way to move the ball against them. Now the thing is, I don't know what defensive pieces KC might lose this offseason. And I think by now every offensive coordinator knows to attack KC with TE's and RB's so I would expect the Chiefs to make drastic scheme and personnel changes in their defense heading into 2021.

We played KC twice and both times had very poor offensive showings because we attack primarily with our WR's. That is exactly what KC want's us to do. 

According to the guys at Cover 1 and other posters, Josh didn’t take the checkdown reads that were open

2 hours ago, BillsCuse said:

Drafting a RB at 30 is not comparable at all to drafting one in the top 10.  Im not saying I want a RB here, but its not a bad spot to take one if you think he's elite. 

Najee Harris is probably not going to happen with the 30th pick IMO. Some teams needing that final piece to the puzzle are focusing in on the RB position and there are to many for Harris to fall to 30th IMO. I think its doubtful Beane reaches high enough to obtain Harris unfortunately. I expect Harris to go between the 11th and 15th pick.

On a side note I think Buffalo is making a mistake If T J Yeldon is not in a Buffalo uni next season in my humble opinion. Yeldon should have been utilized more throughout the regular season and into the playoffs IMO.

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

According to the guys at Cover 1 and other posters, Josh didn’t take the checkdown reads that were open

No, he did not.

T J Yeldon could have had a monster game If Dabooll would have worked him into the game plan more IMO.

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

Not a fan of drafting another RB for a team that likes to pass the ball. Already proven last year you don't need to run the ball, I don't see Beane doing it.

We need more balance, imo.  After 2 decades of being more of a "run first" team (putting it kindly), it's been amazing to see us have an O that can light it up through the air, with a QB and receivers that can keep defenses on their heels.

But those kinds of offenses can turn into a pumpkin more often than not as the playoffs progress and defenses get better & more sophisticated.  All season, I had a nagging feeling that we were just too one-dimensional.

I'd have no problem at all if Beane went RB in the first.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, gotme365 said:

That would be an awful pick especially since they drafted RBs the last 2 years. It’s not a smart investment 

Each were 3rd rounders and neither is better than a 2 in this league. Watch some film on Harris if you havent. He is a beast like Henry. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Each were 3rd rounders and neither is better than a 2 in this league. Watch some film on Harris if you havent. He is a beast like Henry. 

Man think if we had Henry with the weapons at WR and Allen teams would have to stay in the box Allen could really eat.