Mcshay Mock has Najee Harris to Buffalo

PSA:

Use your high picks on big $ positions.

Needs change fast.

The Chiefs will be regretting using that 1st pick in 2020 on Clyde Edwards Helaire............and he was every bit the prospect of Harris and Etienne.

Running backs are still a relative dime-a-dozen.

The Bills will be needing to keep Josh Allen interested in their program for the next decade and the best way to do that is keeping those key positions stocked with difference makers.   You can draft RB's and OG's and off-ball LB's much later and develop them or buy them free agency without breaking the bank.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m with you regarding williams, I just don’t think he’ll be available at the end of the 2nd.  We’d be very lucky for that to happen 

No doubt.  We should be talking about Mahomes

I hate this time of year. There’s only so many things to discuss and most of the topics after that are just filler to pass the time. 

51 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's BPA at a position that could use an upgrade. We ran fine during the year when Moss was around, but once he went down we had nothing. Get some better talent there at a good value spot in the draft.

Not interested in an "upgrade."  Not interested in plugging leaks or being more competitive.

I'm interested in winning the SuperBowl.  This year.  Drafting a rb doesnt give me the greatest chance at that.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

The Dolphins and Jets are going to be hot for Harris. They just won't take him with their 1st round picks being as high up the order as they are. Wouldn't surprise me to see one of them trade back into the late 1st ahead of Buffalo to grab him.

I dont think you trade back into the First for a rb.

You do it for a player you want the valuable 5th year option on.  Nobody cares about the 5th year option on a rb.  Drive him into the ground for 4 years, then draft more.

Ergo, I say the Bills would / should rather trade out of 30 than waste it on a rb or any other position where they dont care about the 5th year.  Use it on somebody you will want to keep for 10 years.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It won’t matter unless the OC comes up with a run game that the O line and RBs can execute correctly,  If he does that our current RBs will look good... not saying better talent wouldn’t help, but... first things first...

Go Bills!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ray Finkel said:

Hope he can play edge, linebacker, corner and interior line.

And I hope the linebacker, corner or interior linemen can double as a running back that defenses fear.

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, gotme365 said:

That would be an awful pick especially since they drafted RBs the last 2 years. It’s not a smart investment 

I would hate for us to burn the assets required to get him.

Poor value for money pick.

33 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

Drafting a running back in the 1st round when run blocking is bad = drafting Sammy Watkins when your quarterback is EJ Manual.

No team should ever draft any RB in the first round!  Not enough impact on wins and losses to justify the cost.

I'm reflecting back on the good old days when we drafted CJ Spiller 9th overall.

Good God.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it's definitely tempting we're right at the spot where you draft a 1st round RB but I also remember us being much more confident about the position just last year. I think there is more that went into this down running year than we need better RBs and I wouldn't be surprised if we went OL here.

This.

I don't see the Bills drafting RB 3 years in a row and in the first with their many needs.

I think they more likely go with BPA at a position of need.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not sure I like Harris as much as Etienne. Give me game breaking speed, that's what our offense is missing. I'm good with Etienne or Toney or any other offensive skill player with speed.

Najee has breakaway speed and is plenty fast enough to hit home runs.  Power, size and speed.  Weights 230 and runs 4.45

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

So you'd rather reach for the 4th or 5th best edge, LB, or CB instead of picking the BPA and one of the top RBs?

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to be able to fill a defensive hole there. But it's not like our RBs are set at all either, and we have a shot at one of the best in the draft.

I agree with this. when you pick late, you really need to stick to your board and Best Player Available. I hope Beane is really disciplined in this draft. Can really hit some home runs by sticking with BPA. 

22 minutes ago, Beast said:

And I hope the linebacker, corner or interior linemen can double as a running back that defenses fear.

Was gonna say I could see oline but the defensive depth just isn’t there in this draft Mcshay doesn’t even have a pass rusher going till 15 the depth is that poor..I’d rather go BPA and if that’s Najee I’m for it 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1