Did Mahomes throw his guys under the bus in this post game clip?

JerseyBills

20 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Anything Pat says gets reported publicly, especially stuff like this. 

See (I’m being a bit 😈 with this).  But I have a hard time thinking Mahomes is a bad teammate over some vague lite quotes.

When on the flip side...after Hardman fumbled and Buffalo scored the TD...Mahomes went over to Hardman pulled the jacket Hardman was hiding under off his head and told him “we’re good.  Be you. Your gonna make a play.”

and then Mahomes hit him for the 1st chiefs touchdown of the game a few minutes later.

I mean... 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Not a leader

He seems to show leadership on the sideline when his team is behind or one of his guys makes a mistake

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think it is that bad after listening to the extended clip. He basically says the whole offense laid an egg and included himself in there. Then said TB was just better that day and executed on defense at a higher level than they did on O.

The point is the etiquette for the QB is to never point fingers publicly at his guys, his OL and WR.  Save it for in private or for the coachs in film sessions.  That in victory you share, and in defeat you shoulder.

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Me first and not a team player. 

Anyone still want this guy over Allen? 

Its real easy to be a team guy when you win or are winning.

How you act when things aren't going well really shows your true character.

14 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

See (I’m being a bit 😈 with this).  But I have a hard time thinking Mahomes is a bad teammate over some vague lite quotes.

When on the flip side...after Hardman fumbled and Buffalo scored the TD...Mahomes went over to Hardman pulled the jacket Hardman was hiding under off his head and told him “we’re good.  Be you. Your gonna make a play.”

and then Mahomes hit him for the 1st chiefs touchdown of the game a few minutes later.

I mean... 🤷‍♂️ 

That was like 2 minutes into the game.

I wonder how he would have reacted to that(fumble) if they were behind and driving with around 2 minutes left?

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I mean... 🤷‍♂️ 

Not saying hes a bad teammate. Hes a spectacular talent and from all accounts a stand up dude. There is just a protocol, for which there is a reason, that says a QB shouldn’t call out his teammates in speaking with reporters. We all saw and know about the O-line problems. The receivers not being where they were supposed to be maybe not so much. Not a big deal but he might have handled it better IMO.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he did throw them under the bus a bit but I don't think anything he said was wrong and he didn't exclude himself from it. 

He basically said they were not in sync and included all of them in it I doubt those guys could really disagree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

He basically said they were not in sync and included all of them in it I doubt those guys could really disagree.

Agree. It maybe wasn't the most media savvy presser but I didn't think he came across as a diva passing the buck. Just a shell shocked QB who was struggling to process. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nester said:

He’s right,

Oline and Wr sucked ass in the SB

i bet Hill is the only wr still on the team next year.

would rather have the truth then the normal sports BS puff press conferences

Did you see that Sammy came in late? Pringle and Hardiman were clearly running crappy routes early on. Watkins replaced them and is a much better route runner. I mean, he shouldn't say anything, but he's not wrong.

I take the opposite view of many here and IMO this is a big deal.  I'm very surprised Mahomes was so careless in saying what he said.

There are ways to say what he said that doesn't point the finger of blame at his O Line & WR group.  And it starts with giving the Buccaneers credit for causing problems for both those units.

For what it's worth on the Dan Patrick show Greg Cosell thought Mahomes comments about the WR's were very strange.  He also noted that Mahomes got happy feet and was bailing on the pocket way to soon.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I take the opposite view of many here and IMO this is a big deal.  I'm very surprised Mahomes was so careless in saying what he said.

There are ways to say what he said that doesn't point the finger of blame at his O Line & WR group.  And it starts with giving the Buccaneers credit for causing problems for both those units.

For what it's worth on the Dan Patrick show Greg Cosell thought Mahomes comments about the WR's were very strange.  He also noted that Mahomes got happy feet and was bailing on the pocket way to soon.

I'd have to see the full conference. IMO it's no big deal if he said something like "I played badly, missed a lot of throws..." and then went on to say this. If he only mentioned his team mates then that's bad but I'd guess he never did that and included himself

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think it is that bad after listening to the extended clip. He basically says the whole offense laid an egg and included himself in there. Then said TB was just better that day and executed on defense at a higher level than they did on O.

I think he spread it around and took some of the blame too, but I do not think Josh would call out any position group on offense.

He has been well-coached for interviews, and always takes on any of the blame.

He may say as an offense "we" have to do this or that better, but he will always say that it is his job as the leader on offense to lead the effort.

He has had so many jailbreaks and I have never heard him blame the o-line. 

It's I have to get rid of the ball quicker, or its my job to make sure we have the right protections called....

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He seems to show leadership on the sideline when his team is behind or one of his guys makes a mistake

The point is the etiquette for the QB is to never point fingers publicly at his guys, his OL and WR.  Save it for in private or for the coachs in film sessions.  That in victory you share, and in defeat you shoulder.

I mean it's still easy to act like a leader when there's still time on the clock left. And hypothetically some hope

When it's all over and he's pointing fingers... Well...

You know Josh would have went up there and said I didn't play good enough