Has anyone here lived in the same town or state their whole life?

Another Fan

In the years I’ve been a member here it seems most posters don’t live in the Buffalo area.  The site is a good place for outside fans to get their Bills fix.  Family or work responsibilities which caused relocation.

Anyone though live in one state/general area their whole life.  In my 30s now I’d be open to relocation but I gotta think as well about keeping an eye on my folks with health issues.  

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

In the years I’ve been a member here it seems most posters don’t live in the Buffalo area.  The site is a good place for outside fans to get their Bills fix.  Family or work responsibilities which caused relocation.

Anyone though live in one state/general area their whole life.  In my 30s now I’d be open to relocation but I gotta think as well about keeping an eye on my folks with health issues.  

I have definitely not lived in 1 place my whole life.

I just wanted to comment that I agree with your take that this forum specifically seems to attract Buffalo ex pats now living elsewhere.

No

I figured one on our kids would move to a warm climate so we could, you know, free load in warmer weather occasionally in late fall, winter or early spring.

One did, NYC is beautiful these times of year.

The rest up here for life, like their mother and I, though I did get away to the Lone Star state for 18 months in the late 70's right out of high school.....lived to tell.

No.

What's next?  You want my social security number?

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

WNY, Mississauga, Montreal, NYC, DFW.

7 minutes ago, Beerball said:

That’s a rather long winded way of saying “no.”  Who do you think you are, @ExiledInIllinois ?

Nah, he thinks he's Johnny Cash.

"I've been to:
Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota,
Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota,
Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma,
Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma,
Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo,
Tocapillo, Baranquilla, and Perdilla, I'm a killer.

I've been everywhere, man.
I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the desert's bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere."

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I have definitely not lived in 1 place my whole life.

I just wanted to comment that I agree with your take that this forum specifically seems to attract Buffalo ex pats now living elsewhere.

Very true, you don’t get your Bills fix on the radio driving to work, in the break room or chatting with your neighbors. This is a great place to “come together” with (mostly) like minded Bills fans. 

I lived in Williamsville, then Cincinnati, then Hilton Head, SC, then Sarasota, FL.......and finally moved to Atlanta about 10 years ago. Note that that was the only move that ever took me north. I try not to regret things in life, but I DO like warm weather! Atlanta winters are too cool and wet for me. I’d prefer 20 and snow to 40 and rain every time! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Very true, you don’t get your Bills fix on the radio driving to work, in the break room or chatting with your neighbors. This is a great place to “come together” with (mostly) like minded Bills fans. 

I lived in Williamsville, then Cincinnati, then Hilton Head, SC, then Sarasota, FL.......and finally moved to Atlanta about 10 years ago. Note that that was the only move that ever took me north. I try not to regret things in life, but I DO like warm weather! Atlanta winters are too cool and wet for me. I’d prefer 20 and snow to 40 and rain every time! 

Williamsville is one of the nicest towns I have ever been in. I would be interested in living there if not for the snow. It's too much for me.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.