franchise/transition tag

dbfla10

4 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Who was the last Bill to be tagged?

Jairus Byrd in 2013.

Bills former tagged plays:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2016/2/17/11031464/buffalo-bills-franchise-tag-history-list-john-fina-peerless-price

Jairus Byrd

Nate Clements

Peerless Price

John Fina

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, st pete gogolak said:

I have no idea if it makes sense economically but I’d like to find a way to keep D. Williams around for another year.  If not, hello left tackle Cody Ford!

Using it on D. Williams makes some sense if the franchise tag calculation is based upon a right tackle, not left tackle.  I think the salaries f=of LTs are alot more on average and not sure I'd want to pay that cost.  

I think it was Matt Fairburn from The Athletic that was speculating the tag might be used on Milano. I could kinda see it being an option depending on how they want to approach some other positions this offseason. That would obviously be a big chunk of change but if they can make the rest of it work this offseason, you can tag Milano and keep him for one more year before some of our extensions kick in.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

I have no idea if it makes sense economically but I’d like to find a way to keep D. Williams around for another year.  If not, hello left tackle Cody Ford!

From what Beane said in his presser, if they can't re-sign Williams they plan to bring someone else in

I don't think it makes sense to tag Williams.  The tag for OLmen is driven by LT money and last year it was >$14M