Is Russell Wilson The Next QB To Be On The Move - Tensions Seem To Be Growing

H2o

1 hour ago, H2o said:

It's been discussed in here that many of the times Russell gets hit is by his own making. Seattle has won a SB, should have won a 2nd, and the FO has been widely praised over the years for the most part. They are not a bad run organization by any stretch of the imagination. My point is these players choose to sign contracts for the sake of getting that big $$$, but then want to play the tiny violin or believe they are entitled to powers outside of the lane they're in. Buffalo trading for Diggs, a perceived malcontent, is not the same as a player getting a case of the red arse over not being involved in personnel decisions. There was an obvious rift between him and Cousins then displeasure of the offense he was in with how he was being used. 

i don’t disagree that you sign this big contract but get pissed when you don’t have help. Flacco successfully lost his top two TEs and Torrey Smith when he signed his deal. Maybe if he took less he doesn’t lose all of them. Say what you want on Brady but I always thought it was smart that he took less so he could get help

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Colts? San Fran? He’d make Miami a contender too imo. 

The Bills laid 50 something points on the Fish in a game that meant everything to Miami. I think they are a long way feom being a contender for anything regardless of who their QB is.

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills laid 50 something points on the Fish in a game that meant everything to Miami. I think they are a long way feom being a contender for anything regardless of who their QB is.

that game went horribly wrong for them. Isaiah McKenzie had the fluke game of his life. I hear this to some degree but they aren’t as bad as that game, and RW is better than anything they’ve trotted out at QB since Danny. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 2/10/2021 at 8:02 AM, Rc2catch said:

I don’t know, I think given Carroll’s age they’d just fire him if it really came down to it. 
In this scenario I can see Wilson having more flex in the organization. 
I can’t see any scenario where he is actually moved but I’ve been shocked before. 

They can’t fire Carroll now, they just gave him an extension. I think there’s a good chance that Russell will be gone. 

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Colts? San Fran? He’d make Miami a contender too imo. 

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Do it, Beane! Allen for Wilson straight up!

Nah!!!!     

Seriously, if he is on the market I know one darkhorse team I'd hate to see him end up on....

Baltimore

Interesting. A straight up trade, Wilson for Jackson

• Shocked 1

I can't imagine Josh Allen ever demanding to have a say in personnel decisions. He seems content to worry about getting himself better and letting the coaches and front office do their jobs.

Of course, there has to be a level of trust established. If Beane starts making super questionable moves and ignores key offensive positions, maybe that would be frustrating for a QB, but even then I don't see Josh Allen making such frustrations known.

Does anybody know if there are players with that kind of personnel power? I think definately Brady has had some input with the signings of Gronk and Antonio Brown, maybe others. Doesn't seem like Rodgers has any say. I can't imagine Mahomes does. I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton Manning had some input back in his day, especially in Denver.

Edited by MJS

Just a little FYI Russell isn't going anywhere.

55 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They can’t fire Carroll now, they just gave him an extension. I think there’s a good chance that Russell will be gone. 

Interesting. A straight up trade, Wilson for Jackson

It doesn't matter if they gave him an extension. He wouldn't be any cap casualty b.c he is a HC. We have seen HC and GMs get canned after an extension.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He mentions how infrequently Tom Brady gets hit.  But he has to realize how Tom Brady controls that, as well.  He gets rid of the ball super-fast, either throwing it to someone or throwing it away.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB with better pocket presence than Brady. This is why he's lasted so long. I hope Josh can develop that because running Josh will not play until he's 43. 

Bills fans said for two decades, "We need to get in Brady's face and rattle him." Still waiting for that to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB with better pocket presence than Brady. This is why he's lasted so long. I hope Josh can develop that because running Josh will not play until he's 43. 

Bills fans said for two decades, "We need to get in Brady's face and rattle him." Still waiting for that to happen. 

The only teams that did it successfully were the ones who could blanket the middle of the field to limit Welker/Edelman and Gronk while they brought pressure with 4

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Just a little FYI Russell isn't going anywhere.

It doesn't matter if they gave him an extension. He wouldn't be any cap casualty b.c he is a HC. We have seen HC and GMs get canned after an extension.

Well that’s stupid and pointless to give a coach or gm an extension only to fire them shortly after. And FYI if Russell wants off the team he’s gone. I think the Seahawks have been wanting to get rid of him for a couple of years now. I mean hell they offered us Wilson and some picks in exchange for Allen. I think both parties are done with one another, Russell keeps bitching about not getting enough protection but he refuses to take a pay cut so the team would be able to Surround them with protection and more weapons. Honestly though if Russell does leave it’ll be a blessing in disguise for Seattle. I’ve said it time and time again , Russell is not a team player he’s a ME player.

If I am Miami I am calling up Seattle and Houston and pushing all in to acquire either Watson or Wilson. I would easily for Wilson give up picks 3, 18, 50 and 123 in 2021 and a 1st and 3rd (swapped with a 5th from Seattle) in 2022. Miami is a QB away from being a contending team and I have to hope that they don't land one of those top two QB's via trade. 

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

that game went horribly wrong for them. Isaiah McKenzie had the fluke game of his life. I hear this to some degree but they aren’t as bad as that game, and RW is better than anything they’ve trotted out at QB since Danny. 

Top to bottom IMO, even taking out the QB position, Seattle is a much better team than Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/10/2021 at 11:15 AM, H2o said:

I agree. It's almost starting to feel NBA-esque to me as this has been going on in that league for years now. The problem is if you give an inch they take a mile and the players are starting to act as if they are the CEO instead of an employee. 

Specifically referencing LeBron in some of his comments lends credence to this shift in thought perhaps?

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The only teams that did it successfully were the ones who could blanket the middle of the field to limit Welker/Edelman and Gronk while they brought pressure with 4

To add to that I don't know if any QB has done a better job with the outside of football work such as nutrition, considering how their contract will affect their team, etc...

22 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

This ^^^. Wilson's sack rate has ALWAYS been high. It was 9.8 percent in 2013, the year they won the SB, and they had a good line that season. It's a product of the way he plays. If you're going to complete those bombs on plays that have broken down, you've got to wait a bit before throwing. Sometimes you get it off and get a 50 yard TD; sometimes you get sacked. He gets sacked a lot because of this, but it's worth the price because he's so damn good. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm.

It's the broken down plays that lead him to play the way he does (the way he has too).  Having a few seasons of decent to mediocre pass protection doesn't negate the more typically lacking O-line he has played behind.  I'm sure he would rather play more in a stable pocket.  His experience in Seattle hasn't often been that.  He's now speaking out about exactly this.

If he was not as mobile as he is, he would get sacked more and quicker.  He was pressured in 43.8% of his drop-backs....worst in the NFL.  That's real.

Imagine Brady behind the typical Seahawks O-line?  He would have been out of the game years ago.

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If there’s the slightest opening to get a deal done, Gruden will make this happen.  He didn’t come out of retirement to go 8-8 with Derek Carr forever.  You know that Chucky is dying to get Wilson or Watson. 

I think gruden will do anything over carr at this point. There was a statement put out that next year is the do or die year for both Gruden and Mayock. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If there’s the slightest opening to get a deal done, Gruden will make this happen.  He didn’t come out of retirement to go 8-8 with Derek Carr forever.  You know that Chucky is dying to get Wilson or Watson. 

Chunky is dying to get to the Dietz and Watson. :sick:

On 2/10/2021 at 8:15 AM, H2o said:

I agree. It's almost starting to feel NBA-esque to me as this has been going on in that league for years now. The problem is if you give an inch they take a mile and the players are starting to act as if they are the CEO instead of an employee. 

Good.  NFL needs a kick in the azz.  The players have none of the guarantees found in other sports and potential for health concerns years from now.  I have no problem with them throwing their weight around.  They are the show.  Nobody is paying to see the weekend Warriors in the park take their place.

• Eyeroll 1