Is Russell Wilson The Next QB To Be On The Move - Tensions Seem To Be Growing

H2o

3 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

He could always restructure for less money so they could sign better O-linemen. ( I bet he doesn't). 

He could. I think that if he trusted the organization and their word he might do that but who knows what the Texans would really do if you gave them money back. Remember this is the team who in their infinite wisdom traded Hopkins for Johnson + a 2nd & a 4th

6 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

He could. I think that if he trusted the organization and their word he might do that but who knows what the Texans would really do if you gave them money back. Remember this is the team who in their infinite wisdom traded Hopkins for Johnson + a 2nd & a 4th

This thread is about Russell Wilson. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You've got future GM written all over you.  Sign a worse deal today so you'll be happier in 3 years.  Players will be flocking to sign with you for that third year satisfaction.  

"I know you don't want to sign this ***** contract today, but in three years when you're making more than league average you won't want to leave as much. But you really need to sign this today."  

Before you come back and tell me some ***** about Carson Wentz please review https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/quarterback/

In the spring/summer of 2019 right or wrong Wentz was viewed as a top 5 QB.  Their contracts were signed 2 months apart and almost identical in new money.  

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/07/eagles-qb-carson-wentz-gets-more-guaranteed-money-than-russell-wilson/

1 hour ago, y2zipper said:

The counterpoint to this is that Wilson stylistically is the quarterback that is responsible for many of his own sacks because of his tendency to deep drop to find receivers down the field and his inability to throw over the middle. Seattle's offensive line was bad in 2016 and 2017, but has gotten better since Dwayne Brown got there. This season they were top 10 in pass block win rate and 16th and pass protection according to pro football focus.

This ^^^. Wilson's sack rate has ALWAYS been high. It was 9.8 percent in 2013, the year they won the SB, and they had a good line that season. It's a product of the way he plays. If you're going to complete those bombs on plays that have broken down, you've got to wait a bit before throwing. Sometimes you get it off and get a 50 yard TD; sometimes you get sacked. He gets sacked a lot because of this, but it's worth the price because he's so damn good. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm.

Edited by dave mcbride

Here's another article posted early this morning on PFT. There may be more to this story than most people want to acknowledge. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/11/report-seahawks-management-not-happy-with-russell-wilson/

“A source told me that the Seahawks’ management is not happy with Russell Wilson and his camp for taking this to the media,” Patrick said. “You wonder if they’re going to be able to co-exist. . . . The current situation is not sustainable. That’s what I was told.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

• H2o changed the title to Is Russell Wilson The Next QB To Be On The Move - Tensions Seem To Be Growing
22 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol, I'm gona go with no. No chance. Not anytime soon anyways.

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

How many SB contender caliber teams right now are looking for a Franchise QB?  

Which of them are better (roster) than, say, Seattle or Green Bay?

22 hours ago, Sundancer said:

He's not going anywhere. But he did get smashed a lot this year. 

22 hours ago, Beerball said:

no

Pretend it's mid-Februrary 2020.

Houston is coming off an AFC-South winning campaign, beat the upstart Bills in the playoffs, and came a Mahomes-esque comeback away from the AFCCG.

Then someone starts a thread saying "There's rumblings that Deshaun Watson is trying to find a way to move on from the Texans."

How many of you would have said "Oh yeah, I can see that. That's legit. Especially for a team that is a Super Bowl contender."

I don't have any idea of the veracity of the Wilson discussion, but I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand under the "There's no way any team would consider moving a TRUE franchise quarterback" clause. Especially when one of the QBs isn't nearly as young anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, H2o said:

I agree. It's almost starting to feel NBA-esque to me as this has been going on in that league for years now. The problem is if you give an inch they take a mile and the players are starting to act as if they are the CEO instead of an employee. 

IDK to me if your organization isn't run well why should the player have to stay? Wilson has been hit almost 40 times a season for 5 years, the team has failed routinely around him to give him support, and he doesn't have a lifetime of good years left. If your a good well run organization this is non factor, if your goofing the wiggle room is gone these days to stink and I am 100% pro player. The Lions wasted two of the best skill positions in the history of the league because of how poorly their managed. I would love to have seen Sanders or Megatron in a SB but he got put in crap. I am not a Phillip Rivers fan but I will say his org let many of their best players go and never completely paid for guys in a premium way.

Sports has become a two way street where players expect more out of their orgs and vise versa. This paid off for the Bills in the Diggs trade which a decade or two ago probably never happens and he wastes in Minnesota. Win and be well run you don't have issues.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, corta765 said:

IDK to me if your organization isn't run well why should the player have to stay? Wilson has been hit almost 40 times a season for 5 years, the team has failed routinely around him to give him support, and he doesn't have a lifetime of good years left. If your a good well run organization this is non factor, if your goofing the wiggle room is gone these days to stink and I am 100% pro player. The Lions wasted two of the best skill positions in the history of the league because of how poorly their managed. I would love to have seen Sanders or Megatron in a SB but he got put in crap. I am not a Phillip Rivers fan but I will say his org let many of their best players go and never completely paid for guys in a premium way.

Sports has become a two way street where players expect more out of their orgs and vise versa. This paid off for the Bills in the Diggs trade which a decade or two ago probably never happens and he wastes in Minnesota. Win and be well run you don't have issues.

The Vikings never had a losing season with Diggs there and wen to the playoffs in 3 of his 5 seasons, including the NFCC game.

The Seahawks also have never had a losing record with Wilson and have been to the playoffs 8 of his 9 years, including back to back SBs, one of which they won.  They have won 68% of the games he has played in. 

On 2/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, Sundancer said:

He's not going anywhere. But he did get smashed a lot this year. 

He mentions how infrequently Tom Brady gets hit.  But he has to realize how Tom Brady controls that, as well.  He gets rid of the ball super-fast, either throwing it to someone or throwing it away.

Russ enjoys being known as "DangerRuss" because of his ability to get outside the pocket and extend and create plays.  His receivers need time to get downfield and open for those patented "Moon Shots".  But the other side of that is he WILL get hit more.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:59 AM, Mr. WEO said:

How many SB contender caliber teams right now are looking for a Franchise QB?  

Which of them are better (roster) than, say, Seattle or Green Bay?

Colts? San Fran? He’d make Miami a contender too imo. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

40 minutes ago, corta765 said:

It's been discussed in here that many of the times Russell gets hit is by his own making. Seattle has won a SB, should have won a 2nd, and the FO has been widely praised over the years for the most part. They are not a bad run organization by any stretch of the imagination. My point is these players choose to sign contracts for the sake of getting that big $$$, but then want to play the tiny violin or believe they are entitled to powers outside of the lane they're in. Buffalo trading for Diggs, a perceived malcontent, is not the same as a player getting a case of the red arse over not being involved in personnel decisions. There was an obvious rift between him and Cousins then displeasure of the offense he was in with how he was being used. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Colts? San Fran? He’d make Miami a contender too imo. 

I covered Colts and San Fran.  

In Miami, he would be getting 3 RBs who combined couldn't break 1200 yards, 1 WR with over 500 yards, a decent young TE.  That's a serious downgrade for Wilson as far as weapons go.  Throw in the 2 new OCs. 

that's not a 55 TD Offense...

Edited by Mr. WEO