Bills show marked improvement in 2020 Gosselin rankings (up from 28 to 7)

Seoulofstone

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-black-hole-plus/rick-gosselin-nf-special-teams-bill-belichick-joe-judge-cameron-achord-scott-obrien

8th overall

Kickoff returns 1st

Punt returns 4th

Kickoff coverage 3rd

Opponent starting point 2nd

Punting 1st

Net Punting 5th

I'm always curious to see how these rankings play out and the Bills and Heath Farwell deserve credit for marked improvement this year.

For me it was the only phase that had success in the championship game though obviously there is scant consolation in that.

The fake punt against NE is a feather in their cap too, especially considering NE's domianance in this phase again this year.

• Like (+1) 5

great info, thanks for sharing...about the only stat the Bills could improve punt coverage, with a gross of 50.8 and net 44...speaks to out-kicking coverage and or giving up 1-2 long returns which skews the stats, along with the least amt of punts helps amplify the 1-2 big returns...overall a solid year and the fake against the Pats (rated #1) was a highlight as well as our punter leading the league with gross average...rookie kicker also had an above average year despite some misses in the 40-50 rage improved as year progressed...his highlight was the 50+ multiple kicks made in the Ariz road game as well as another 50+ (playoff record for a rookie) WC card game against Colts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-black-hole-plus/rick-gosselin-nf-special-teams-bill-belichick-joe-judge-cameron-achord-scott-obrien

8th overall

Kickoff returns 1st

Punt returns 4th

Kickoff coverage 3rd

Opponent starting point 2nd

Punting 1st

Net Punting 5th

I'm always curious to see how these rankings play out and the Bills and Heath Farwell deserve credit for marked improvement this year.

For me it was the only phase that had success in the championship game though obviously there is scant consolation in that.

The fake punt against NE is a feather in their cap too, especially considering NE's domianance in this phase again this year.

Just absolutely dismantling NE week 16 this year is one of my favorite games of the year.  MNF - held them to 200 total yards, and 11 first downs.  But tied 3-3 in buffalo territory, we didn't fear them in the slightest.  

• Like (+1) 1