The comeback in 1993?

Ice bowl 67

I was at the game, in the upper deck. I stuck around, though me and my friend considered leaving after the quick pick 6 after the half. I think there were more people in the stadium after than to start with- people were coming from all over since it was not on TV

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Now its the reverse ;)

6ft screen 12" dish ;)

In the old days, if you were averse to paying the fees, you went to your local disreputable electronics tech and slipped them a C note.  Nowadays, you get the neighbour's kid to hack into the feed as a challenge.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Where were you guys when the comeback vs the Oilers happened? I remember my parents lived on a dead end road next to the Golf Course then. They sold that house in 1994 and They have lived in 3 different homes since then. We watched the comeback in the basement of that house.

E8 Row 34 seat 3

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Youse guys ‘member James Starks?

Yes, what about Drew Haddad or Ed Ellis? As both of them were at UB when I attended. Class of 2000. 

In terms of the Houston comeback, I was 15 at the time and at my parents house, I remember listening on the radio and turning it off after the pick 6. Yet because nothing else to do ended up turning it back on just after Reed's 2nd TD thinking wow! My dad happened to turn on the tv late in the 4th quarter and for whatever reason despite the game being blacked out NBC showed the last few minutes live here in Buffalo. 

Edited by The Jokeman

I was still in High School, I had a job at Service Merchandise & was so pissed that I was scheduled to work that day. The good news was that I worked in the electronics department, and there were about 20 TVs with the game on. I was able to see the majority of the game, and once the comeback started, I had to start moving around the department feigning work so I could follow along on various TVs. It was hard to do, but a memorable charade.

The game was blacked out so a friend & I went to a bar at an older Toronto uptown hotel (now a homeless shelter) as it was nearby and the game was on.  Very few were there and pretty depressing.  Had our chicken wings and were just getting ready to leave & IO said, we'll watch the first drive of the second half & call it a day.....

A great call & spectacular game obviously.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The game was blacked out so a friend & I went to a bar at an older Toronto uptown hotel (now a homeless shelter) as it was nearby and the game was on.  Very few were there and pretty depressing.  Had our chicken wings and were just getting ready to leave & IO said, we'll watch the first drive of the second half & call it a day.....

A great call & spectacular game obviously.

The first drive of the second 1/2 was a pick 6...Frank obviously felt the Oilers didn't have a big enough lead yet ;) 

Someone really needs to to take on the project of visually documenting that 1993 comeback crowd so those of us that were there have proof.   A slow mo compilation of the crowd in high def would be spectacular.   Maybe photos of the fence climbers as well.   

I don't have the skills but I would love to see it.   

Was living in MA at the time, and had a family obligation that kept me from watching the game until...and I kid you not...right after the Oilers' pick-6 at the start of the 3rd quarter. The rest is history, and it's all because I was finally able to tune in. You're welcome.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Where were you guys when the comeback vs the Oilers happened? I remember my parents lived on a dead end road next to the Golf Course then. They sold that house in 1994 and They have lived in 3 different homes since then. We watched the comeback in the basement of that house.

I was there, upper deck Bills side about 20 yard line 7 rows up score board end. Craziest thing I ever saw. People leaving, people streaming back in. What a day. That, the win over the Raiders to go to the first Super Bowl and walking on the field watching the goalposts come down in 88 after beating the Jets are my favorite Bills memories. 

We had an ice storm down here in the Elmira/Corning area. It took an hour to drive what should have been a 15 minute drive. We turned back toward home and after another hour, we made it home to watch the game. After the int. in the 3rd quarter, I got po'd and went to take a shower. The Bills scored and recovered the onside kick while I had a towel wrapped around my waist. What a game! Only playoff game we had missed until this year. Looking forward to next season!

I was there.  We had four seats, but only three used.  My wife, my aunt (hard core fan)   We stayed the whole way, never gave up.  Frank Reich was incredible, as was Andre Reed and many others.  the Oilers never changed up their D scheme, even when Reed had torched them for three or four TD's. (cant remember how many, but a number)  One of the best  memories of my many seasons as a season ticket holder. (to old now)  Seat were right in front of Ralph Wilson btw.

I was at home and my Mom got sick of listening to the game downstairs and told me if I wanted to keep listening to go up to my room to listen, so I did.  I started screaming down updates.  Didn't think much after the first Bills TD, but then they got the onside kick immediately and scored again and it made it 35-17 with a lot of time left to play.  Then 35-24 and I started getting really excited.  My Mom had started making dinner but stopped and came upstairs to sit and listen to the rest of the game with me.  When they won, I thought we were going to crash through the floor we were jumping so high...

Always was proud of myself because I never gave up believing that they could come back and win. My Mom wasn't like that tho...she missed some pretty great ends to games by leaving early.

Edited by Big Turk