The comeback in 1993?

Ice bowl 67

Where were you guys when the comeback vs the Oilers happened? I remember my parents lived on a dead end road next to the Golf Course then. They sold that house in 1994 and They have lived in 3 different homes since then. We watched the comeback in the basement of that house.

• Like (+1) 2

After some other college party, managed to drag my ass down to the couch to crawl in front of a football game.  I don't care what happened on those 4 particular Sundays- I couldn't have asked for anything more fun than those teams, and that time.  

Here's hoping the next gen, after having to suffer through all this old guy blather, gets to have a shiny new great team to cheer on 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Where were you guys when the comeback vs the Oilers happened? I remember my parents lived on a dead end road next to the Golf Course then. They sold that house in 1994 and They have lived in 3 different homes since then. We watched the comeback in the basement of that house.

What color was the house next door toward the dead end? Just curious. 

45 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I promise you I am not making this up. In 93 I lived on a cul-de-sac that had a backyard that connected to a golf course and I watched that game with my parents in the basement of that house. they sold it the next year as well and have lived in now 4 houses as of last year since that house. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

See Fergy, it was Bruce's house- the yellow one with green trim, hedges fashioned into a squiggy 'L' and hanging carnations at the entryway groomed to resemble Frank DeFazio's eyebrows.  Mystery solved. 

Speaking of the 7 things I know about Wisconsin... Ice, have you ever seen a film called American Movie?  Beautiful film- kinda Wisconsin's version of Buffalo '66 

• Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I promise you I am not making this up. In 93 I lived on a cul-de-sac that had a backyard that connected to a golf course and I watched that game with my parents in the basement of that house. they sold it the next year as well and have lived in now 4 houses as of last year since that house. 

Get the #%$! outta here! I, too, lived on a cul-de-sac where I watched the game in my friend’s basement. It was their third house and he now sells long term care insurance for parrots. Your parents names didn’t happen to be George and Sylvia by chance, were they?

• Haha (+1) 3

I was at the game. 25 yard line home side upper deck. I remember saying to my buddy at half time "Well we can't go to the Super Bowl every year." Once the comeback began I could see a steady stream of people from the lots trying to get back in. Many just climbed the fences. I think they eventually let fans through the gate. 

I was with a buddy Dave, had moved to Tampa a couple of days prior to Bills/Giants SB so I had been in Tampa two years and had made a bunch of friends.  Hadn’t met my wife yet (that was a a year and a half later), so was heavily into the single deal to that point.

There was a sports bar called the Fraternity House.  They had all their waitresses in these little cheerleader outfits, amd management only hired incredibly hot girls.  Dave, who was from Buffalo as well were getting frustrated the whole game.  He asked me should we leave.  I told him let’s see what happens in the 3rd quarter, but there is probably no way they come back.  The it happened.  We were high fiving so much by the end and after several pitchers of beer, Dave yelled, THATS IT WERE DRIVING TO PITTSBURGH!  We were so excited we considered it, and then the hangover kicked in, amd we tried really hard to find tickets but couldn’t.  We thought that place was good luck so we went back all the way to the SB.

If we could’ve found tickets, we’re dead set we would drive 18 hrs. Up and back from Friday night through Sunday night.

3 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I was in your kitchen. Remember the time your mother was gone for 30 minutes making nachos? Those were Taco Bell nachos that I brought and your mother was, shall we say, promiscuous.

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I worked overtime on midnights got home about 11:30am and realized the game was blacked out.

I got my radio out and put it next to the Lazy Boy chair and listened to Van call the game.

The funny thing is I had a gut feeling the Bills would make a comeback.

3 hours ago, Drifter said:

I was at the game. 25 yard line home side upper deck. I remember saying to my buddy at half time "Well we can't go to the Super Bowl every year." Once the comeback began I could see a steady stream of people from the lots trying to get back in. Many just climbed the fences. I think they eventually let fans through the gate. 

Corner end zone, the extra two tickets from our season tickets. Took me until year 4 of the super bowl run to realize I should hold off before buying the extra tickets, they always sold the lousy seats first so they could advertise good seats still available as game day approached. At the half I put my head down in in my lap, then looked up at my brother and said "this could be our finest hour" 

As we all know things got worse before they got better, but man what a ride the next hour was.