Mark Cuban Pulls the Plug on the National Anthem

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I imagine you didn't watch last year's bubble playoffs. Right up until the finals (which really weren't competitive) it was fantastic basketball. The start of the regular season hasn't been up to the same standards, but that's typical. I don't watch much until the playoffs. If you missed the whole bubble restart and the ensuing playoffs, you missed some of the best entertainment out there since the COVID pandemic hit. Give it another try when we get to the playoffs again!

I watched the NBA.  Loved it.  Phenomenal basketball.  Baseball is what just bores the crap out of me now.  

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I used to love the NBA...but I can’t stand the extreme Leftist politics being pushed and will likely never watch again...these ungrateful millionaires disgust me...

Their ratings are WAY DOWN and they don't give a crap that they went SEVERELY WOKE and are now going broke.

They stopped their season last year over a fvcking criminal.

Let that sink in.

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I watched the NBA.  Loved it.  Phenomenal basketball.  Baseball is what just bores the crap out of me now.  

I tried to watch the bubble basketball and found it much worse than prior to bubble. Far too often I felt like players did not seem to care.

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Their ratings are WAY DOWN and they don't give a crap that they went SEVERELY WOKE and are now going broke.

They stopped their season last year over a fvcking criminal.

Let that sink in.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Chinese Communist Party was secretly funding the league to keep it afloat, and use it as a propaganda tool in the United States...(Remember, the founders of BLM are self proclaimed Marxists)...

It would also help to explain why no one in the league is allowed to defend Hong Kong (as part of social justice), or call out China for putting Muslims in concentration camps...But America is so oppressive, right? Give me a break...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

I'm mildly interested in what the Knicks are doing...but the Mavericks?

They could leave the league and no one might notice.

LOL

Well, I have to assume you just don't like basketball. I'm not a Mavs fan, but I watched games in the bubble and the playoffs just to see the amazing talent of Luka Doncic. Watch and enjoy.

EDIT: watching Luka and the Mavs right now. The reincarnation of Rick Barry? This time born in Slovenia. Sometimes I watch sports because my team is playing (Bills/Nuggets/Rockies/Sabres when they're competitive, otherwise the Avs) ... sometimes I watch just to enjoy to remarkable athletic ability and game sense of the great players. That's Luka Doncic.

And Damian Lillard is in this game too. Hoisting up 35 footers where you say "what the hell is he doing?" And then they go in. Greatest super long-distance shooter in the history of the world.

I do feel sorry for folks on in the eastern time zone. The best basketball has been in the West for years now. Nikola Jokic: best passing big man I've ever seen. LeBron: I'm not a personal fan, but really - 36 years old and probably playing as well as he ever has. Steph Curry. Doncic. Lillard. Hell, even the amazing crossover breakdown of CJ McCollum. Epic battle in the bubble playoffs of Jamal Murray (Nuggets) vs Donovan Mitchell (Jazz). I don't know that this particular style of basketball is sustainable, but this is peak 3-ball/pass-and-shoot basketball. Currently the most entertaining sports league out there, and that's from a guy who is usually not a committed NBA fan.

Watch! You're missing a great moment if you don't.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I can’t explain why they do it. They have multinational rosters, a Canadian franchise and make money all over the world. Same for all the other sports. They’re  entertainment not patriotic of government sponsored events. 

Plenty of gov money in sports. And a vested interest in distracting the public. It's roman empire 101: give them gladiators so they don't notice what we do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1