How’s everyone doing

Ice bowl 67

15 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Didn't have too much time to be bummed, had our first baby two days after the AFCCG. Felt bad for the team, they were right there and we know how much they wanted it. It's gotta suck to go out there and not be able to do what you did all season and just not play up to their own expectations. 

A buddy of mine and his wife had their second on Jan 12 and I really thought our little guys were gonna be the good luck charms. And had the Bills won the big one I would've been like, "I had to wait 30 years to see this happen, you weenies waited two weeks!" And I thought it'd be a Bills vs. Packers Super Bowl. I think that would've been a better game. Honestly, this one was a dud. No real big plays, no drama, etc. Tampa just came out and forced Mahomes to run for his life all night and that was that. It reminded me of the Pittsburgh/Seattle SB from 2005. Not that there's anything real similar about those two games, I simply mean that both games moved the lever on the ol' excitement meter about half a notch. 

Congrats on the new addition:)

14 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

We have a overrated QB. I wish we had Brady. This organization can’t win regardless it seems. I wouldn’t blame Rodgers if he went to a different team tomorrow.

Every QB that achieves anything starts to be overrated. But certainly without him GB doesn't even make playoffs

Not doing well at all.  

I used to be wealthy but my business manager defrauded me and I lost my fortune.

I'm trying to rebuild my life with my family in a small town....it's my last remaining asset.  It was a joke birthday gift I bought for my son.

We are right now living in a run down motel in two adjacent rooms.  

My wife is a former soap opera actress and both of my kids are pampered....our well to do attitudes conflict with the local residents all the time.  Not to mention my son is a bisexual.

We just want to leave.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

get 2 1 Techs (we currently have none, or perhaps Star); a pass rush; and better OL/running game, and we are in it.  Not too far off.  

Star will probably be gone after this next season. We will need a couple 1tech's to come in. Maybe draft one and sign one. My pass rusher target would be Basham @ 30. As much as I love Najee, defense is more important now. We could land a RB in the later rounds. And yes we desperately need better run blockers. 

16 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Stressed out at work, get tested everyday to do it, have to wear a mask everywhere, can't travel to see family and friends due to 2 week quarantine, other than that, how are you doing??? Thanks for asking. Go Bills!  😄

Keep your head up buddy, no doubt we're living in tough times but once we get threw this we won't take our freedoms for granted and life will be much better for it. 

17 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

We have a overrated QB. I wish we had Brady. This organization can’t win regardless it seems. I wouldn’t blame Rodgers if he went to a different team tomorrow.

That was a game where it would have been nice to have another WR opposite of Adams. 

The Packers managed to escape the Jordan Love pick, until Tampa.

Lazard hurt the Packers in that game. 

And what stunk was, on Brady's last two interceptions, the Packers went 3 and out both drives. 

13 hours ago, Draconator said:

The Good: My wife got another clean cancer scan. Next one end of May.

The Bad: My dad is on end of life care in the nursing home he's in. It's ok though. He's given me some wonderful memories I'll cherish until my protons leave this body and go to their next formation. 

As I can only leave one button response, further explanation: Awesome re your wife's clean scan, but very Sad to hear of your dad's condition.

There's something about a son losing his father...isn't there?

Ever it shall be, and it's just particularly tough: like losing your life's Lodestar.

All the best to you and family @Draconator.

• Thank you (+1) 1

How doing? Well, gone thru 5 stages of grief, and now at acceptance.

Meanwhile, changed profile photo to my then 1-yr old taking an (unsanctioned) bite of her birthday cake. Symbolic of the delicious, likely surprising NFL bites in our future.

My (literal) war pics shall return, once the season begins anew.

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not doing well at all.  

I used to be wealthy but my business manager defrauded me and I lost my fortune.

I'm trying to rebuild my life with my family in a small town....it's my last remaining asset.  It was a joke birthday gift I bought for my son.

We are right now living in a run down motel in two adjacent rooms.  

My wife is a former soap opera actress and both of my kids are pampered....our well to do attitudes conflict with the local residents all the time.  Not to mention my son is a bisexual.

We just want to leave.

"It's okay, it's his sister". 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Another season is in the books. Bills looked quite tough this year. I think if they add a few more pieces to the puzzle this offseason they will be even better.

Thanks, Ice bowl.

The Packers got screwed by the officials in the NFC Championship game.

8 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

As I can only leave one button response, further explanation: Awesome re your wife's clean scan, but very Sad to hear of your dad's condition.

There's something about a son losing his father...isn't there?

Ever it shall be, and it's just particularly tough: like losing your life's Lodestar.

All the best to you and family @Draconator.

There certainly is. We went to Bills playoff games during the 90's. His idea of tailgating was sitting in the truck with the heat full blast, eating a foot long sub, and drinking a 6 pack. Had some mighty good times with him. 

Thank you for the words regarding my wife's clean scan. 

Edited by Draconator
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, Ice bowl 67 said:

Another season is in the books. Bills looked quite tough this year. I think if they add a few more pieces to the puzzle this offseason they will be even better.

Hey Ice,

Crazy thing was it could have been a GB vs BUF Superbowl 

12 hours ago, H2o said:

Ice bowl, good to see you my friend.

The Bills are a good team, but we have some tough decisions to make and a few things to address in the offseason. We need to sure up the lines and make it a priority to get our running game in order. We need a terror on the edge. Just one would make all of the difference in the world. A guy who is legit able to get us 12-16 sacks a season. We also need a true 1 Tech because Star isn't getting any younger, Harry hasn't returned to pre-injury form, and everyone else is really a 3 Tech who had to play out of position this year. On offense we could use a homerun threat at RB. A guy who can hit a crease or take a screen pass and be off to the races. We will need to replace Milano at WLB because he surely gets more $$$ on the open market than we will be willing to give him. The cap situation is going to be something to monitor because of where we stand. Beane is definitely going to have to work his magic this year. 

Your Packers are awfully close as always. They had a few bad decisions by the coaching staff, a few missed opportunities by Rodgers, and a few bad breaks that cost them the game. As long as you have Rodgers then you guys will be right there. It will be interesting to see what they do at RB with both Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams being FA's. I know you guys have Corey Dillon waiting in the wings, but he's not really much of a receiving option at this point. You guys could also use an upgrade across from Adams at WR. It ought to be an interesting offseason for all of us fans and our respective teams. 

DO we really need everything that everyone is saying??  Did Brady need all of that to win 7 SBs, or did he just need an OL that protected him from getting his head smashed in?  Yes, the TB team was loaded and a lot of other QBs would have won on that team;  however, looking over 2 decades of his teams, they all seem to have an OL as strong as the wall of China.  Didn't he give the Pats a discount in exchange for paying the OL?   Why can't we follow that model?  I'm not asking for 7, but 4 would be very nice.  Go Bills!!!