2021 First Game: Thursday Night Buffalo at Tampa Bay?

jwhit34

1 minute ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

you're right about 2018 - I think the GB/Chicago matchup was an exception due to some commemorative (historical) significance between the 2 teams

Yeah, now that you mention it, that sounds familair.  They celebrated the 100th NFL Season in 2019, but perhaps it had something to do with that.  The longest NFL rivalry, Packers and Bears.  One of my best friends is a Bears fan...I have seen more of this miserable matchup than I care to remember....Packers are to the Bears, what the Pats have been to us.

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

Yeah, now that you mention it, that sounds familair.  They celebrated the 100th NFL Season in 2019, but perhaps it had something to do with that.  The longest NFL rivalry, Packers and Bears.  One of my best friends is a Bears fan...I have seen more of this miserable matchup than I care to remember....Packers are to the Bears, what the Pats have been to us.

that's it !

39 minutes ago, eball said:

I'll go on record right now that the NFL is DUMB if they don't seriously consider Bills/Bucs for the Thursday opener.  Are you kidding me?  The nation loves the Bills again, and Buffalo fans will travel to Tampa so that will be an awesome environment.  There is literally no downside to making this the opener -- the AFC runner up vs. the defending champ?  Come on.

The only reason why I think this wouldn't happen is there have only been 3 intra-conference Thursday night openers since it started in 2002. The NFL seems to like to make this a conference game which is why I think it will be either the Cowboys, Saints or Bears. This has Trubisky or Carson Wentz or whatever QB they have all over it

27 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The only reason why I think this wouldn't happen is there have only been 3 intra-conference Thursday night openers since it started in 2002. The NFL seems to like to make this a conference game which is why I think it will be either the Cowboys, Saints or Bears. This has Trubisky or Carson Wentz or whatever QB they have all over it

IDK if the intra-conference rarity is that that big of a deal.....the NFL is all about viewership, money, and compelling matchups. Trubisky or Wentz....seriously? Now those names are non-compelling IMHO 

32 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

IDK if the intra-conference rarity is that that big of a deal.....the NFL is all about viewership, money, and compelling matchups. Trubisky or Wentz....seriously? Now those names are non-compelling IMHO 

I know Trubisky and Wentz aren't really that compelling. But the NFL loves giving the Bears a million primetime games a year for some reason. That's why to me this has Bears written all over it

18 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I hate Tom Brady.

Now Tom's out of our confrence I kinda like it when he beats up on teams in the AFC. Excluding the Buffalo Bills. Myself personally I do think Buffalo was a better match up with the Bucs then the Chiefs proved to be. The game was called differently. Officiating crew didn't allow the mauling that took place in the AFC Championship. I think the only way to correct the problem and I've said this before. Allow a red flag to ask If at a closer look If a PI has occured. Without consistency on the way PI penalties are called teams playing within the rules are taken advantage of IMO. Any penalty for that matter. Consisteny, accountability. Its not to much to ask.

I'm not trying to slow the tempo of the game down. Perhaps If the Officials have someone looking over their shoulder they get it right the 1st time IMO.

Edited by Figster