Patrick Mahomes foot surgery

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Mahomes has really taken a beating early in his career. Eventually those take their toll, no matter how gifted you are. 

Allen has stayed fairly healthy, as QBs go. Let's hope he can continue to protect himself, which he did a very good job of this season. 

I kind of thought Allen had a similar history - concussion, AC joint sprain in his non-throwing shoulder, MCL and ankle sprain

To my observation, especially his first 2 years, he took a lot of hard hits where Mahomes fakes people that he's going out of bounds then scampers down the sideline

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

His mobility seemed fine. They were just getting pressure on him fast imo. His active dodging people behind the line and getting out passes was actually pretty impressive 

It did not seem fine to me.  If he was healthy he would have made more plays. 

I think it is actually his spleen...

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If he's getting surgery it's a severe form of Turf toe.(perhaps he fractured one of the sesamoid bones on the plantar surface of his big toe) 

But this is a bit of trolling and exaggeration. His mobility may be limited a bit at first but my guess is he'll be more than fine when it's all said and done. 

Umm, no, it’s neither. Are you an orthopedic surgeon? Do you actually believe I want Mahomes to be hobbled?

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

both. They got totally outcoached in that game. On both sides of the ball. Not sure what’s so controversial about that. 

No argument there.  But that being true, it doesn't follow that they would have beaten an even better team in the Bucs.

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not an orthopedic surgeon. I’m a physical therapist. I’m not sure what you want. 

I believe he’ll be have some initial stiffness and lack of overall mobility in the big toe when the season rolls around but he will eventually be more than fine.....you made it seem like he’s going to have issues playing football again and he’ll never be the same player. 

What part of "he has the best surgeon, he's young, and he may heal wonderfully" did you not understand?

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The part where you said “This is not good if your Mahomes and a Chiefs fan”. 😅

I'm sorry I didn't post that obviously Mahomes will recover 100% and this is nothing to worry about.  It seems that's what you were looking for.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea.... guess my point was the chances of his career being derailed due to surgery for turf toe is ridiculously low.....it could take up to a year for a full recovery but he’ll still be the Pat Mahomes we are used to seeing even in week 1 of the season, IMO. 

Yes.  And my point was that orthopedic foot injuries are extremely scary for professional athletes -- particularly skill players.  Trust me, nobody in the Chefs' organization is looking at this procedure the same way they'd view a shoulder scope or even an ACL repair.  That doesn't mean it will end badly.  I'd like to see an Allen-Mahomes rivalry for the next 10 years.

Foot surgery is no joke.

We got a good look at how he didn’t quite have the escapability in the SB. This could be a season long lingering thing or something that is prone to reaggravation . Mahomes without wheels is a different/lesser QB. 
    If we get him earlier in the season and he isn’t 100% the plan should be to make him sit in the pocket ..... providing we can actually generate some pressure with the from four.