RIP Marty Schottenheimer

26 minutes ago, billykay said:

I remember back in the 60's, Marty took Namath out the night before our game. He kept him out at Brunners till 4 in the morning. My (lousy) recollection is that we won our only game of that season the next day.

That’s a great story. Even if it isn’t true, it ought to be true. 
But wait:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/196809290buf.htm

In the Bills only win of the 1968 season, Joe Namath threw 5 picks INCLUDING 3 PICK SIXES - one for 100 yards - and Dan Darragh’s 78 passing yards were enough for the Bills to win. Marty, I think you saved us from the first winless season in NFL/AFL history. 🍻 Cheers to you and Joe Willie. And Brunners. 

Great coach i wish the Bills would have brought him in back when he was still coaching !!

I remember "Marty Ball" he was always in the conversation of the play offs when he was coaching very passionate person he will definitely be missed but always remembered when ever the NFL conversation of great coaches is brought up !!

RIP & thanks for the memories Marty !! 

Genuinely saddened to hear this. He was a good coach everywhere he went. You could easily argue the only good QB he ever had was an aged Joe Montana. Maybe the best coach never to win it all. I would have loved to have had him as our coach when we hired Gailey. There was a lot of buzz at the time on the BBMB

Edited by stuvian

28 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Genuinely saddened to hear this. He was a good coach everywhere he went. You could easily argue the only good QB he ever had was an aged Joe Montana. Maybe the best coach never to win it all. I would have loved to have had him as our coach when we hired Gailey. There was a lot of buzz at the time on the BBMB

Marty coached some good Chargers teams with Rivers as QB.