The best RB you've never heard of

Buffalo716

Sure Jaret Patterson may have became a household name this season, deservedly so.

But the Bulls always have another one in the stable and Kevin Marks is a thoroughbred. At 6'1 around 210 lbs he is lean and fast. A true downhill runner with a nose for breaking tackles and knocking off long runs 

This kid is about to get himself drafted after this season at UB 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sure Jaret Patterson may have became a household name this season, deservedly so.

But the Bulls always have another one in the stable and Kevin Marks is a thoroughbred. At 6'1 around 210 lbs he is lean and fast. A true downhill runner with a nose for breaking tackles and knocking off long runs 

He’s one of the reasons I don’t want the Bills to reach/take a RB in this draft. I like him and Breece Hall as targets for the Bills next season. Focus on improving both lines this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ALF said:

Patterson is projected in 4th or 5th rd ,  KO , PR , and  RB   ,  I would be in favor .

This thread isn't about Patterson. It's about his stablemate

And he's never going to last until the 5th round (Patterson)

Edited by Buffalo716

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.da27a7deafb89a48fdd234c1b310148d.png

Did they meet with the wrong guy, @Buffalo716?

Absolutely not.  JP is as process as they come .. and marks is returning to Buffalo

While he may not physically be marks, with the height weight speed combo... 

His vision, toughness between the tackles, ability to fight for extra yards, and ability to make the first defender Miss in a phone booth are all exquisite

He may not have the home run speed of marks, but he does have great quickness, and he absolutely will out work everybody on the team 

And he's improved as a pass blocker every year

He's been one of my favorite bulls and he deserves all the accolades and praise he's getting.. somebody's going to nab themselves a good football player and a better person

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Absolutely not.  JP is as process as they come .. and marks is returning to Buffalo

While he may not physically be marks, with the height weight speed combo... 

His vision, toughness between the tackles, ability to fight for extra yards, and ability to make the first defender Miss in a phone booth are all exquisite

He may not have the home run speed of marks, but he does have great quickness, and he absolutely will out work everybody on the team 

And he's improved as a pass blocker every year

He's been one of my favorite bulls and he deserves all the accolades and praise he's getting.. somebody's going to nab themselves a good football player and a better person

Patterson is a dime a dozen back in the NFL.  I think he goes around the 4th to 5th round this year.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Patterson is a dime a dozen back in the NFL.  I think he goes around the 4th to 5th round this year.

I guarantee he goes before the 5th round. And his actual physical attributes are dime a dozen 

But the most important traits for a back...  vision, elusiveness, toughness, and brake tackle ability, he has in spades 

The latest he will go is mid 4

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I guarantee he goes before the 5th round. And his actual physical attributes are dime a dozen 

But the most important traits for a back...  vision, elusiveness, toughness, and brake tackle ability, he has in spades 

The latest he will go is mid 4

I really don't think he goes before 5th.  Playing the MAC will hurt him and also having an elite Oline for the MAC will also hurt him.

His vision is alright.  Going to be a lot tougher to break tackles in the NFL at his size.

24 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I really don't think he goes before 5th.  Playing the MAC will hurt him and also having an elite Oline for the MAC will also hurt him.

His vision is alright.  Going to be a lot tougher to break tackles in the NFL at his size.

Listen I'm not saying the kid is Barry Sanders. And yeah he may have had a top notch o line for the Mac 

But he was the focal point of every team. He faced loaded boxes and teams brought the house regularly 

He really had to work through a lot of muck in his career 

And he was an all American who is bringing UB football more respect so that alone is enough.. he did everything and more ever asked 

Somebody will take him in the 4th .. with a specific scheme fit role

Edited by Buffalo716

On 2/17/2021 at 5:14 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Listen I'm not saying the kid is Barry Sanders. And yeah he may have had a top notch o line for the Mac 

But he was the focal point of every team. He faced loaded boxes and teams brought the house regularly 

And he was an all American who is bringing UB football more respect so that alone is enough.. he did everything and more ever asked 

Am I wrong or did he have giant sized holes that one could drive a truck through? 

I'm NOT saying that he can't play. Not at all but in the very limited videos I have seen of him there were giant lanes for him to run through. That said, I hope that he is drafted and has success in the NFL.

Edited by Bill from NYC

14 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Am I wrong or did he have giant sized holes that one could drive a truck through? 

I'm NOT saying that he can't play. Not at all but in the very limited videos I have seen of him there were giant lanes for him to run through. That said, I hope that he is drafted and has success in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong he had some very nice holes to run through because UB does have a very cohesive line 

But it's also a very simple scheme and everybody knows what they're going to run. So he faced a lot of eight man boxes, where they were sending the kitchen sink and he had to fight through a lot of muck 

When everybody knows you're going to get the rock it's not easy

He also ran for a thousand as a freshman without playing the first two or three games.. he just outworks everybody, which is definitely something you need to stick in the NFL

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 5:14 PM, Buffalo716 said:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's literally basically everything I said. But I can promise you Mel kiper never watched him live and it's just parroting what everybody else says

I woud still like to know more about his blockers. Believe me, I don't claim to know anything at all about him. It still looks to me as if he is running through gigantic holes. 

We can always use a guard, no? 

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I woud still like to know more about his blockers. Believe me, I don't claim to know anything at all about him. It still looks to me as if he is running through gigantic holes. 

Kayode awosika , tackle, got an invite to the combine

Good size at 6'5 315 and is a very stout run blocker. Never played guard but can be a solid developmental RT late

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's literally basically everything I said. 

he'd be a great fit as a #2 in a few roles

On 2/17/2021 at 1:53 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I guarantee he goes before the 5th round.

No, that is not what you said.  You said he would go 4th or sooner.

8 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

No, that is not what you said.  You said he would go 4th or sooner.

I did say somebody would take him in the fourth or sooner but specifically pointed to the 4th round.. so you're splitting hairs over a round? I was never trying to suggest he would be a top two round pick

In a draft with not as much depth he could easily go in the third round, but I think he'll find a home somewhere in the 4th.

He's a late round pick with really good value as a #2.

Edited by Buffalo716

On 2/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, Back2Buff said:

Been on record saying he will transition better to NFL than Patterson.  I love the way Marks plays.  It may be because I get Fred Jackson vibes,  I just like bigger RBs with speed.

Kind of reminded me of James Starks a bit

On 3/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I wish a few of them were playing for us on Sundays and not Ssturday

On 2/8/2021 at 10:16 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Sorry Buffalo716, but this guy gets my vote of the best RB prospect that no one has heard of... Meet Kylin Hill from Mississippi State...perfect blend of speed, power, and elusiveness...

Edited by JaCrispy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.