I miss football

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Already.  It's always a somber feeling the day after the Superbowl.  The off season is so so long.  And now that we are a player again I imagine that will be amplified.

Wish next years schedule came out today, I'm ready for 2021

I hear ya.  There are several "cures" for this that I have found.  One: read mock drafts obsessively.  Two: try mock drafting yourself at: The Draft Network, click on "Start a Mock Draft"; or at Fanspeak.  The Draft Network is nice because clicking on player names often brings up scouting profiles.  Although The Draft network bizarrely forgets that the Bills have a 7th round pick (unless we traded it and I'm not aware).  Third, and most importantly:  visit twobillsdrive.com every day to talk about football, including relevant and seemingly less relevant topics related to the Bills.  Together, we can make the offseason seem very short.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

100% agree!

The 10-day depression after losing to the Chiefs has been replaced by the burning desire to get to next year.

We have as good a chance as anyone to win it all next year, been a while since we could say that. 

Reminds me of being 16, in 1991. 

We're just about the same age.  I agree

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Already.  It's always a somber feeling the day after the Superbowl.  The off season is so so long.  And now that we are a player again I imagine that will be amplified.

Funny you write this.

Last night, the moment the game ended, I had a similar reaction.

I was reflecting on the season, as a whole, being over, and noting that early September is a LONG way away right now! 

4 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Already Bf87?????  ( I think I've found someone worse than I'am)  I feel compelled to try to "help" you, like some doctor trying to save someone

suffering a stroke or something.  All I can say is, try watching some Bills games you may have in your library. Breathe deeply a few times while

saying "Tom Brady sucks, Tom Brady sucks....."  I don't know.  I really start missing football around about May/June. I start thinking. "God, it's still 90 days away

before the start of the season."!!!

Anyway, hang in there, and good luck to you!       Go Bills 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Hockey season keeps me entertained until football kicks back in. 

I used to feel the same way, but these days the regular season product is not very good, imo. I honestly wonder how the NHL is even still a thing, and how much longer it can be sustainable. They took it on the chin last season, and this season isn’t looking so hot either.

According to this article, five franchises are responsible for 25% of the entire league’s revenue, and without them NHL would have been $50mil in the red. Yikes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2020/12/09/nhl-team-values-2020-hockeys-first-decline-in-two-decades/?sh=4279b14670dd

Edited by 4_kidd_4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I miss watching the Bills too, but the off season is good for the fans as well as the players. Helps build the excitement of the upcoming season, which by the way is gonna be Fuh king awesome!!! Just sayin... 😁

Go Bills!! 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I miss watching the Bills too, but the off season is good for the fans as well as the players. Helps build the excitement of the upcoming season, which by the way is gonna be Fuh king awesome!!! Just sayin... 😁

Go Bills!! 

Hopefully the fans can return. If things get back to normal I could imagine the demand for Bills tickets both seasons and individual. They will probably be sold out for the season very quick. Throw in the fact that it will be two years since fans attended a game except for the lucky ones who went to the playoff games. Demand for tickets will be extremely high. 

16 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I used to feel the same way, but these days the regular season product is not very good, imo. I honestly wonder how the NHL is even still a thing, and how much longer it can be sustainable. They took it on the chin last season, and this season isn’t looking so hot either.

According to this article, five franchises are responsible for 25% of the entire league’s revenue, and without them NHL would have been $50mil in the red. Yikes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2020/12/09/nhl-team-values-2020-hockeys-first-decline-in-two-decades/?sh=4279b14670dd

Totally agree.  I have always been a casual hockey fan, but with the Sabres being so bad for so long there is very little that ties me to the league outside of it being routine.   The league does a terrible job with generating any sort of excitement about the season outside of those teams that are winning games.   Hockey is stuck in the past and doesnt seem to care about growing their fanbase outside of bloodline fans.

17 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Hockey more than any other sport depends on ticket sales and money generating from people being in the arena. The other sports want that as well but the NFL, MLB, NBA have stronger TV deals that have helped them more than what the NHL gets during these times. Even though the NFL took a hit this year I would bet they still made money.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Totally agree.  I have always been a casual hockey fan, but with the Sabres being so bad for so long there is very little that ties me to the league outside of it being routine.   The league does a terrible job with generating any sort of excitement about the season outside of those teams that are winning games.   Hockey is stuck in the past and doesnt seem to care about growing their fanbase outside of bloodline fans.

I was a bigtime hockey fan when I was younger, the on-ice product was so good in the 90’s and the league was top entertainment up against the other pro leagues at that time. 

To counter your point, in the 00’s the league cared too much about expanding their footprint and imo ended up watering down their overall product.

They made a couple good moves in moving Atlanta to Winnipeg and giving Seattle a franchise.  They should keep going and get AZ and Florida Panthers out of those markets. Go back to Quebec City and give TO a second team. The demand is already there.

Football season is great but it is long and time consuming so I am always ok with the offseason arriving by the time the Super Bowl is over.  It gives me time to enjoy other aspects in life.  Being a WNYer this time of the year really does suck but normally I would use this time to catch up on movies, tv shows etc. but I'm already at that point right now with the limitations Covid has presented.  The nice thing for me is my other passion in life, golf season, is right around the corner so that's what I'm counting down to now instead of waiting for next season already.  Only about 2-3 months away from that and then that will keep me happy and occupied until next season gets here.  I'm a Sabres fan too but I'm in the same camp that agrees the product is just not entertaining right now.  

• Agree 1

On 2/8/2021 at 2:22 PM, RobbRiddick said:

I hate this time of year when I have to go and ask my wife what her name is. Never goes down well

Maybe if she did, you'd remember her name.

• Haha (+1) 2

I agree. The off season seems so long and the season seems to fly by.

Last year I was able to go to a few Seattle Dragons games til the season ended prematurely.  No season this year.

I have been watching SB XII on YouTube to see a good Super Bowl after the trash I watched a few days ago.

Soon I will start re watching the season on Game Pass or whatever its called.  By time I get through that it will be about time for the season to start. I'll also watch some baseball.  Some tennis.  Play some drums.   I don't do NBA or hockey.

18 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!! 

I try and be a glass half full so from that perspective, our football acted almost a month later, and was great.  I had misgivings too after the SB as it’s a long off season.  I can enjoy other sports, but it’s nothing like the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1