I miss football

Just now, Bills fan since 87 said:

Already.  It's always a somber feeling the day after the Superbowl.  The off season is so so long.  And now that we are a player again I imagine that will be amplified.

Wish next years schedule came out today, I'm ready for 2021

I felt it as soon as the afc championship was over brother right there with you, start doing some of your own scouting and deciding what the bills needs are it can be fun 

• Like (+1) 2

100% agree!

The 10-day depression after losing to the Chiefs has been replaced by the burning desire to get to next year.

We have as good a chance as anyone to win it all next year, been a while since we could say that. 

Reminds me of being 16, in 1991. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I will spend the next 7 weeks doing hundreds of mock drafts on the Draft Network simulator.... obsessing over who the Bills should take with their 5th and  6th round picks and reading through draft notes of a lot of guys that I will never come across again in my life...

Then Beane will still end up taking a guy there  that I have never heard of ...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Already.  It's always a somber feeling the day after the Superbowl.  The off season is so so long.  And now that we are a player again I imagine that will be amplified.

Wish next years schedule came out today, I'm ready for 2021

It's not over...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLBDPlpDP-o/?igshid=66mz9c28v0cd

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Agree and the NFL drags out their offseason schedule worse than any other league to make it feel even longer.  Free agency is a 5 week wait, then the draft is another month and a half after that.

I don’t mind the timing... but even if if draft and FA were earlier, then you would have a longer wait for pre season...

Plus some FA stuff will start leaking from this week anyway... 

Edited by Aussie Joe

29 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

100% agree!

The 10-day depression after losing to the Chiefs has been replaced by the burning desire to get to next year.

We have as good a chance as anyone to win it all next year, been a while since we could say that. 

Reminds me of being 16, in 1991. 

Agreed, BUT I wish I was sixteen in 91. I'd be younger now!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yep. Always tough to adjust the day after the SB.  Things all of a sudden feel a bit empty.

At least this year we had great Bills football all through January.  What a difference.  I can't wait to see what the offseason has in store for us, and what our team will look like heading into next season.

i feel your pain citizen - NFL has the longest off-season of all the major sports and for good reason almost 6 months - yes there are cuts, free agency, the draft and the salary cap drama...but what I would like to see is a 4 game off-season development league over the course of 6 weeks with a two week training camp, games with a running clock and only time-outs in the second-half.   10 minute half-time games over in 90 minutes.

each nfl team would have a roster of 44 - mostly futures contracts, guys on the practice squad and vets who opt in (would have a max of 2 per team)

could make after the draft to include undrafted free agents instead of draft picks who could opt in.

So two guys per position with an addition for the punter and kicker

coaches would be the assistants (not coordinators) one position coach to the be HC and a few assistants.

send it out for networks to bid on -  not likely to happen but given the demand for NFL or a NFL-affiliated product and no development or minor league system I wouldnt mind seeing Christian Wade, Duke Willliams and David Webb or some of the guys from the practice squad go against other teams for a few weeks ?

• Like (+1) 1

Yep, we have reached that lull until FA. Especially with no combine this year it will be weird. Then with FA you have a solid week or two of activity. After that the lull until the draft. After the draft it will be crickets until the last week of July for the most part.