Re-sign or “Wave Good-bye” series: Player 5 - Jon Feliciano

YoloinOhio

OG Jon Feliciano   

234 members have voted

1. 1. Re-sign or Wave Good-bye?

• Offer above market value, whatever it takes to keep him
    • Offer market value deal, but if he gets more elsewhere let him walk
    • Make an offer, but that market value is too pricey for his value to the team
    • Don’t make an offer, thanks for the memories

Mongo is a UFA and will be 29 on Wednesday (Happy Bday). He played and started 9 games in 2020 (missed first part of season due to torn pec). He played 48 % of snaps with 489 at RG, 212 at C, 73 at LG. He allowed 0 sacks, 32 pressures, and had 3 penalties. A former 4th rd pick of the Raiders, he has never been a consistent starter, but is versatile on the interior OL. Known as a better run blocker than pass protection. 

spotrac lists his market value as:

Market Value

4 yrs, $33,489,975

Avg. Salary: $8,372,494

NFL Rank: 228

G Rank: 17

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jon-feliciano-16854/market-value/

It's all about output for contract, right?

Mongo is an amazing teammate and I am so happy to have had him as a Bill. I just don't see how we can consider the market value with other players who seem considerably better investments.

• Like (+1) 3

Great teammate and had a few games where he looked dominant... but then got repeatedly overpowered by KC's Jones in the AFCCG... meaning, good but not elite. I would love to see him on the team next year but we should not overpay.

• Like (+1) 3

Looks like I might be in the minority here but I think I don’t even want them to pay him $6M so I’d be happy to move on from him...Not overly impressed with him in the AFCCG..

Invest a high pick in the draft and maybe find a cheaper FA...Beane seems to do ok finding bargain basement OL guys ...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Looks like I might be in the minority here but I think I don’t even want them to pay him $6M so I’d be happy to move on from him...Not overly impressed with him in the AFCCG..

Invest a high pick in the draft and maybe find a cheaper FA...Beane seems to do ok finding bargain basement OL guys ...

Same here.  

Much like Milano, I don't even care to offer a contract.   

Re-sign Williams.  Morse and Dawkins are above average OL.   

Draft a G/C and hope a new Guard and a healthy Ford provide some more juice to the run game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

Rather surprised that his projected salary is about the same as Williams.  I think the consensus is Williams ranks higher among Ts than Feliciano among Gs AND, more importantly, Ts get paid better than Gs.

I thought it looked high too. I was thinking more like 5-6 mill range

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'd offer him a deal somewhere in the $5M-$6M range on a 3 year deal with about $10M being guaranteed. Nothing more than that though. 

Agreed.  He was above average last year, and missed 7 games with injury since he has been here.   I pay him just outside the top ten for RG which is 5,018,000.  I think thats his sweet spot.

His tweet last night didnt help anything.

Edited by thenorthremembers

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Same here.  

Much like Milano, I don't even care to offer a contract.   

Re-sign Williams.  Morse and Dawkins are above average OL.   

Draft a G/C and hope a new Guard and a healthy Ford provide some more juice to the run game.  

Buddy used to say "always draft tackles, and if they can't do it, move them to guard"

We all saw yesterday what a broken O Line does to an otherwise dominant team.   You can't recover from a bad or broken O Line.   And every team saw that yesterday and will be protecting their O Line guys.  Its a good day to be a solid O Line guy in the NFL.   You will get paid.   Beane will be sure to have his replacement lined up before letting him walk.  

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 2