Sleeper DE? - Janarius Robinson

H2o

He's not ranked super high on any of the draft boards you see, being slotted anywhere from 3rd-6th Round on all of the websites. If you watch the guy's highlight reel though it will make you wonder why the college production didn't live up to expectations. He has the size, the arm length, displays some insane power at times, has the bend/flexibility you like to see, instinctive in diagnosing plays, and he is a monster against the run. His best season came in 2019 with 48 tkls, 9 tfl, 2 FF, 2 FR, and 3 sacks. They predict him to run around a 4.8 40yd dash, but look at the clip at the 5:06 mark of the video. I just get the feeling this guy will be a better pro than college player watching him. He never put up big sack numbers in college, but that FSU defense (heck, the team as a whole) hasn't been anything to speak of since Jimbo Fisher left. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni next year if we could snag him in the middle rounds.  

Edited by H2o

On 2/8/2021 at 1:10 PM, H2o said:

He's not ranked super high on any of the draft boards you see, being slotted anywhere from 3rd-6th Round on all of the websites. If you watch the guy's highlight reel though it will make you wonder why the college production didn't live up to expectations. He has the size, the arm length, displays some insane power at times, has the bend/flexibility you like to see, instinctive in diagnosing plays, and he is a monster against the run. His best season came in 2019 with 48 tkls, 9 tfl, 2 FF, 2 FR, and 3 sacks. They predict him to run around a 4.8 40yd dash, but look at the clip at the 5:06 mark of the video. I just get the feeling this guy will be a better pro than college player watching him. He never put up big sack numbers in college, but that FSU defense (heck, the team as a whole) hasn't been anything to speak of since Jimbo Fisher left. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni next year if we could snag him in the middle rounds.  

I’m not sleep on him. I have him in one of my mocks. Quietly, there’s a couple of players from FSU that could be good fits on the Bills roster

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane

Are you an FSU fan? Care to explain? I admit I've only seen him play a few times in 2019 and seemed solid to me. I didn't watch any FSU football this year except when they played ND. I know he only had a single tackle in that game, but FSU was getting mopped anyway.  

• Like (+1) 1

Yes I’m a big FSU fan, their whole Dline is incredibly overrated. Robinson has no bend or any pass rush moves. Big dude who looks good getting off the bus but very rarely made any impact plays. 

Kaindoh and Wilson are the same way. Big time HS recruits who didn’t live up to their rankings. He would make a good rotational edge setting DE that’s about it

Actually look at his highlights literally there is one where he bends the edge and sacks the QB. The rest are Blocked FGs vs GT(Terrible), run stops in games they are getting blown out in, or highlights from literally the same two games( Louisville and NC state). There’s a reason why there isn’t a huge diversity in his highlights cause he doesn’t have that many. 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/25/2021 at 1:44 PM, gonzo1105 said:

Yes I’m a big FSU fan, their whole Dline is incredibly overrated. Robinson has no bend or any pass rush moves. Big dude who looks good getting off the bus but very rarely made any impact plays. 

Kaindoh and Wilson are the same way. Big time HS recruits who didn’t live up to their rankings. He would make a good rotational edge setting DE that’s about it

Actually look at his highlights literally there is one where he bends the edge and sacks the QB. The rest are Blocked FGs vs GT(Terrible), run stops in games they are getting blown out in, or highlights from literally the same two games( Louisville and NC state). There’s a reason why there isn’t a huge diversity in his highlights cause he doesn’t have that many. 

Agree with everything you say here -- his tape does not show a lot. That said, there are plenty of examples where a talented kid did not develop due to poor college coaching, yet has everything untapped to be a great pro. That may or may not be the case here, but I think his movement drills and flexibility could bely a great opportunity to unearth a diamond amidst the crap that was that FSU defense. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.