Potential CB #2

“Barring a significant change in stances,” Patrick Peterson and the Arizona Cardinals plan on parting ways, making Peterson an unrestricted free agent, per @MattVerderame

Seems like a perfect #2 CB candidate for us. I think they want to groom Dane Jackson for that spot but I could see us looking to bring him in. 

I like the idea.  If he comes on a team friendly deal I could see it.  Otherwise, I think we are looking at spending FA money on DE, DT, LB.  Dane Jackson looks the part of a CB #2, and we have a few other guys (Wallace) who can fill that role if needed.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

“Barring a significant change in stances,” Patrick Peterson and the Arizona Cardinals plan on parting ways, making Peterson an unrestricted free agent, per @MattVerderame

Seems like a perfect #2 CB candidate for us. I think they want to groom Dane Jackson for that spot but I could see us looking to bring him in. 

I wonder if the fact he is a Type 1 Diabetic will shorten his career or effect his ability to train as hard as possible as he ages.

Another old, average vet, which is what he is at this point. Exactly the type of guy we need to stop sinking money into, too much of that the past couple years. 

Fix the front 7 and white/Wallace/jackson/johnson plus maybe a mid-late round pick is a fine CB group. 

Bring back Wallace on an affordable deal and draft a CB in round 5. I like Tre/Wallace/Johnson as the starting 3 and then you have Jackson, Gaines and another mid-round pick for depth. So many other areas of concern that I would rather not spend limited resources at a position where the team is fairly solid at.

Re-sign Levi Wallace, AND lets not forget about Dane Jackson who looked pretty decent in his rookie season this year. And Taron Johnson made plays as well. I dont think we need to add much there in outside Free Agents.

Not interested in over-priced vets who are at the tail end of their career, unless it is a position in the trenches. And even then, I'm only half interested.

Our Defensive Backfield is fine how it is. We need help up front.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Guy had a base salary of $12M this past season.  I don't think that's on the menu for CB#2

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Bring back Wallace on an affordable deal and draft a CB in round 5. I like Tre/Wallace/Johnson as the starting 3 and then you have Jackson, Gaines and another mid-round pick for depth. So many other areas of concern that I would rather not spend limited resources at a position where the team is fairly solid at.

Gaines was cut 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't hate it depending on the cost.  

Speaking of cost, this is going to be a really interesting FA year, and it might end up being pretty boring for a while.  I think with the lowered salary cap a lot of players are going to go with one year prove it deals in the hope that the 2022 salary cap goes way up.  This could bode well for the Bills at least to go all in for 2021.

Having Jackson in house and Wallace being a RFA (easy to resign) I don´t think we invest in the secondary this year.

We should make a priority to improve de D-line. With a better D-line and more pressure our secondary will be that much better.  

• Like (+1) 1