Turning Point in the Game

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The TB Interception that was over turned by a ticky tack holding penalty and yes the second timeout on third & two, followed by two PI's (second should never have been called and no chance to catch that one for sure).....  29 yards in offense, 42 yards penalties....

Add to that when the Refs decided that close coverage on TB's receivers wouldn't be tolerated.....😉

But KC looked like the Bills did vs. KC, completely lost and unable to adjust.

As great as Mahomes is, he was just too intent to look at only Hill & Kelce all game too.  

The 2nd PI was basically the same as the gabe davis one.  He was holding when the ball was in the air.  

2 hours ago, Success said:

One thing that got lost - and that I originally thought would be looked back on as a big turning point - was the Chiefs goal-line stand. That was spectacular.

Wasted ultimately - but pretty inspired at the time.

That would have been huge but the offense failed to do anything afterward and that shanked punt after the special teams holding call sucked the life out of the defense.  They got it back together for a bit and forced a field goal attempt until another special teams penalty gives Bucs a first down.  Tampa scores a TD the very next play.  That was game over.  Defense completely lost their composure after that sequence.  Offense did nothing to lift them.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I thought the game was over when they called DPI when the ball was 5 feet over Evans's head.  The refs gifted TB that touchdown.

I see by subsequent posts that there is some confusion.  I'm talking about the call against Evans in the end zone where Marcia threw the ball into the stands.  The penalty gave the Bucs 1st and goal on the 1 yard line.

Yea they missed that call that shouldn't have been pi but it was a penalty 

2 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

How do you figure it was obvious that the refs wanted Brady to win?  Maybe the KC defenders could learn to play within the well-established rules and NOT hold the TB WRs every damn play.

Haha seriously idk how anybody could watch the chiefs dbs hold our receivers all game long and then chalk it up to a brady conspiracy when they hold every receiver again in the super bowl lol the league officiating likely reviewed the bills chiefs game and made that a point of emphasis.  Not to mention they couldve easily ruled that chiefs goal line stand a touchdown if this was the 'let brady win' show 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Absolutely, and it is frustrating that the Bills don't have enough clout to get those calls from the refs, because the same thing happened all game long against the Bills. But I guess Brady is still the top dog in the mind of the refs.

Don't forget about Home field advantage though.  The Chiefs had it and in the SB the Bucs got it.

Should never have a home field advantage in the SB.  And they were promoting that like it was a good, historic accomplishment.

15 minutes ago, dneveu said:

The 2nd PI was basically the same as the gabe davis one.  He was holding when the ball was in the air.  

And the ball was thrown into the first row.  Uncatchable.

Gabe Davis was held off the line the entire way.  Here the receiver ran into him in the endzone.

to me KC got owned by Tampa very much like our BILLS got owned by KC.

KC looked a step behind out of the gate & was beaten in all 3 phases of the game.... very much like we were in the AFC Championship game.

The best thing about the game yesterday was that Brady & the Bucs didn't do that to us.

5 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

To me, it was the inexplicable time out call by Andy Reid with 40ish seconds left in the first half.  Your team, both offense and defense, has looked like total dog####.  Yet, you are down only 14 -6 and Tampa Bay looks like it will be content to run out the clock and end the half.  Plus Tampa Bay only has one time out left.  Yet, for some reason you call time out after TB's first down play and after TB's second down play!  Even if your "strategy" works, you get the ball back around your own 20 with 30 seconds left and no timeouts.  

With the way Tampa Bay played defense it probably wouldn't have made any difference but if KC had gone into the locker room down one score, regrouped and come out with points to start the second half, maybe it would have made a difference.  When TB scored the touchdown to make it 21 -9 at the half, as Greg Easterbrook would say, I wrote "game over" in my notebook.

This is an excellent point. TB Scored a TD right before the half just like they did against GB in the NFC championship. It didnt put the score out of reach but it was a huge gut punch to the Chiefs. They never got their belief back after that.