Priority #1: Large, angry men for the OL and DL

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I didn't say we didn't have any size. I want to ADD more to what we have!

Especially at DT. 

Can you honestly say that the thought of a 340+ pound DT lining up on our DL next year doesn't make you smile? 

I think you mean size and skill. 

I don't want to see a guy that looks like that 1st guard that flopped on his belly chasing the streaker.

Edited by WideNine

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Teller had a very good year and he's a very good pulling guard, but I can still name a good amount of interior lineman I'll take before him

One good year on the line doesn't make you elite in my opinion. And we traded him because he couldn't crack our line up here, he just fits better in the browns scheme 

So talk to us!  FA or draft!

And what's your take on Boettger and Feliciano?

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So talk to us!  FA or draft!

And what's your take on Boettger and Feliciano?

Feliciano brought stability so I think he deserves at least a one or two year deal. He provides good versatility and he seems like a good locker room guy 

Boettger I think is good depth but we can do better than him. 

you can usually find some scheme specific guys in free agency like we have.. but it's always better to draft them and develop them yourselves and I think we should take another center/guard prospect 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Little bit off topic but a couple of years ago Trey Adams was considered a potential 1st round pick.   Then he was injured and fell off the map.  Were there any reports out of 1 Bills Drive this year about his progress?  Is he physically and mentally back where he needs to be to compete for a spot?   He had the talent and attitude we might be looking for.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

Little bit off topic but a couple of years ago Trey Adams was considered a potential 1st round pick.   Then he was injured and fell off the map.  Were there any reports out of 1 Bills Drive this year about his progress?  Is he physically and mentally back where he needs to be to compete for a spot?   He had the talent and attitude we might be looking for.  

I think all we know is that the Bills liked him enough to sign him to a reserve/future contract from the practice squad, but clearly not as much as Ryan Bates since Bates stayed on the roster as the backup Center/LT, or even 33 yr old vet Jordan Devey (since he got elevated to the roster at the end of the season and re-upped).

Beane commented if we couldn't bring Daryl Williams back we would likely try to find some similar players in FA to compete, which doesn't sound as though they see Adams as the answer, or at least not at this point in time...if he has a strong offseason that could change!

22 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Allow me to introduce Tyler Shelvin.

bxyfdltu41e51.jpg

Quinton Bohanna from Kentucky is another BIG dude with NFL bloodlines. He also played basketball in HS, so he’s athletic.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiz0M2drN3uAhUBZd8KHdvTAeEQFjAGegQIBBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdraftwire.usatoday.com%2F2019%2F10%2F17%2F2020-nfl-draft-prospects-quinton-bohanna-kentucky-interview%2F&usg=AOvVaw2sRQRB5pZ_epEeFYXauuqm

Edited by Solomon Grundy

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Quinton Bohanna from Kentucky is another BIG dude with NFL bloodlines. He also played basketball in HS, so he’s athletic.

6'4, 357?!

YES! 

I just want at least one of these massive DTs to free up Oliver to cause mayhem. Plus, like I said... If the big man gets loose...

"Jim Nance: Brady, under pressure.... WOW what a hit by Bohanna!"

"Romo: he just crushed him, Jim!"

Makes me smile every time. 

It's not too far-fetched, either. Beane and McDermott have tried to bring in NT type guys to play on the DL, Star being the highest paid example. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

The game is won and lost in the trenches... 

it is a true-ism that holds over the decades.

Go Bills!!!

Huge dudes who are unmovable and play with an edge travel well.

No matter the offensive game plan, no matter the weather, the time of day, the stakes.

It's like putting a brick wall right in the middle of the DL that the offense has to go around or run though, if they are determined to fail. 

Nervous energy only helps.

• Agree 1