Is it time for Gronk to come home?

On 2/8/2021 at 6:26 PM, RochesterLifer said:

Whether it’s Gronk or Patrick Peterson (different thread), bringing in high-profile veterans is a bad idea. Beanie has often said the Bills are building to win today and tomorrow. That means paying players for what they will do instead of overpaying for what they have done.

Josh Norman and Morse aren't sure what to make of this.....

John Brown has a few questions as well...Star too.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

He’s a clown who got off so easy after he intentionally concussed Tre White. No one ever talks about this either which is more infuriating. One of the dirtiest hits ever. He’s a total clown, a great tight end when it’s all said and done but he’s a jackass. 

This has always been my biggest complaint about sports media. They seem to anoint who gets to be a good guys vs bad guy. Some athletes rightfully earn those titles through their actions, but others are media fueled. Gronk has been deemed a good guy because the media enjoys speaking with him. It’s often as simple as that when it comes to the media promoting an athlete. They often fail to promote the complete narrative that athletes have. If a player who wasn’t a media darling did what Gronk did to White, you’d never hear the end of it. 

I know people who know Gronk. He’s never coming back to Buffalo to play. He’s either going to retire or stay in Florida. 

On 2/17/2021 at 8:17 AM, Just Jack said:

I mean he was on the Pats. He still Ioves Buffalo. 

On 2/16/2021 at 8:49 PM, SirAndrew said:

This has always been my biggest complaint about sports media. They seem to anoint who gets to be a good guys vs bad guy. Some athletes rightfully earn those titles through their actions, but others are media fueled. Gronk has been deemed a good guy because the media enjoys speaking with him. It’s often as simple as that when it comes to the media promoting an athlete. They often fail to promote the complete narrative that athletes have. If a player who wasn’t a media darling did what Gronk did to White, you’d never hear the end of it. 

Up until that point, he was a harmless meathead. But it was a total scum move but I’m more mad at the Bills response. Gutless. Like when the Sabres did nothing when Miller got run over. 

On 2/8/2021 at 9:35 AM, TUBSTER said:

I'd rather have the other TB TE - O.J. Howard.

I love this idea. Sign him to a one year prove it deal. Dude has the physical talent to be the best TE in the nfl. It would be a great low risk, high reward move. 

• Agree 1