Is it time for Gronk to come home?

44 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills TE might be the worst position group in NFL history.  Not a single ProBowl for any TE in Bills history.  That is really quite an impressive run of at best average to sometime horrible play.  And it's not as if they have not tried.  Tony Hunter drafted before Kelly. How many other TEs have been drafted in the first three rounds?  Trade for Clay was a big investment.  

Ernie warlick 4x pro bowler

• Thank you (+1) 1

Whether it’s Gronk or Patrick Peterson (different thread), bringing in high-profile veterans is a bad idea. Beanie has often said the Bills are building to win today and tomorrow. That means paying players for what they will do instead of overpaying for what they have done.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

And win one with the hometown team.  Yes, he’s on his last legs but he’s still a huge upgrade over any TE on our roster.  I think he’d love to play with Josh.  They both play the game with a lot of joy and are both big athletic freaks.  I think it’s time for possibly the best homegrown talent WNY has ever produced to come back home and win a title.  From a brand perspective, I think it’d make Gronk even a bigger name than he already is.  The dude is Buffalo.  So is Josh.  

***** A... bring on the Gronkster so he can catch 3 Super Bowl TDs for us

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Eyeroll 1

19 hours ago, TUBSTER said:

I'd rather have the other TB TE - O.J. Howard.

As to Howard, he has one year left on his contract at $6 mil. so would have to be a trade.  He’s good for 500 yards a season, but it was believed he would take a good step this year before his injury.  You have to ask, do you want to give up a pack for that price and is he worth it. He’s good as I’ve watched for several years, but us he worth this year a draft pick.

As to Gronk, he’s never leaving Brady, and he is still impactful, but how many years does he really have left?  He also costs more to bring on board.  McBeane would never do it.

9 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

As to Howard, he has one year left on his contract at $6 mil. so would have to be a trade.  He’s good for 500 yards a season, but it was believed he would take a good step this year before his injury.  You have to ask, do you want to give up a pack for that price and is he worth it. He’s good as I’ve watched for several years, but us he worth this year a draft pick.

As to Gronk, he’s never leaving Brady, and he is still impactful, but how many years does he really have left?  He also costs more to bring on board.  McBeane would never do it.

I agree, no way Gronk leaves Brady and the only reason he's still playing is because of him.  

Wasn't there talk of Howard wanting to be traded last season?  I think he'd be an upgrade over any of our guys.  I agree with you, is a pick this year going to be worth what we get from him?  

On 2/8/2021 at 10:52 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

And win one with the hometown team.  Yes, he’s on his last legs but he’s still a huge upgrade over any TE on our roster.  I think he’d love to play with Josh.  They both play the game with a lot of joy and are both big athletic freaks.  I think it’s time for possibly the best homegrown talent WNY has ever produced to come back home and win a title.  From a brand perspective, I think it’d make Gronk even a bigger name than he already is.  The dude is Buffalo.  So is Josh.  

Coming to Buffalo ... from Tampa Bay ... is going to make him bigger as a brand? Um, OK.

Too expensive this year.

Can't see him leaving Brady.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Coming to Buffalo ... from Tampa Bay ... is going to make him bigger as a brand? Um, OK.

Too expensive this year.

Can't see him leaving Brady.

Agreed - Gronk's not going anywhere - by all accounts, he's really close to his mom and she's in Fort Myers. Wouldn't be surprised to see him take less $ to stay in Tampa and FL has no state tax. 

On 2/8/2021 at 10:25 AM, BillsRdue said:

Do the math.

Metz  REC 383 YDS 3686 TD 29

Gronk REC 566 YDS 8484 TD 86

MATH.
REC Gronk 1.47 times better
YDS Gronk 2.3 times better
TD'sGronk 2.96 times better

TOTAL AVG. 2.24 TIMES BETTER

And Gronk is still going. 

And Gronk can block. So you can call blocking a wash. 

My original post said Gronk was 2 times better than anyone we ever had. So corrected he is 2.24 times better. 

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/25-greatest-tight-ends-nfl-history

Gronk at #3 all time.  Metz wouldn't make top 100.

Edit:
I guess @BobChandlersHands doesn't like math. We could do common core, but then Gronk might be 10x better. 

Gronk was going to agree with you, then you tried to prove it with math. 

Now he's not sure.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/8/2021 at 8:53 AM, H2o said:

The only reason Gronk came back is to play with Tom in Florida. He'll never wear a Bills uni and I'm good with that. 

I'd LOVE for him to come play one last season in Buffalo, but I agree he will never do that.

It's a special set of circumstances that brought him out of retirement, and it doesn't involve the Bills.