Is it time for Gronk to come home?

And win one with the hometown team.  Yes, he’s on his last legs but he’s still a huge upgrade over any TE on our roster.  I think he’d love to play with Josh.  They both play the game with a lot of joy and are both big athletic freaks.  I think it’s time for possibly the best homegrown talent WNY has ever produced to come back home and win a title.  From a brand perspective, I think it’d make Gronk even a bigger name than he already is.  The dude is Buffalo.  So is Josh.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 17
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That’s what everybody thought about Brady and Belichik.  Gronk showed last night he’s still an elite player.  He’d add an element to this offense we don’t have and he’s also an excellent blocker.  

Don’t hold your breath

29 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That’s what everybody thought about Brady and Belichik.  Gronk showed last night he’s still an elite player.  He’d add an element to this offense we don’t have and he’s also an excellent blocker.  

He'll never leave Brady.

A bunch of you are pissed that he went to Tampa and was with the dark empire for so long but what about the GM that let him slip by the Bills in the draft one would think that a player from the area while in college would be well known to the Bills staff you would think .

There  have been more than 1 player that if not passed on by the Bills that could have made contributions to the team in a good way Gronk being 1, Mac being literally right in their back yard, then there's Stark and if you dig we could find a few more i'm sure but none of these were considered here and Bills fans are pissed at them for having a really good career elsewhere but not pissed at the FO that let them get by the Bills ??  

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I mentioned this in my FA thread a few weeks ago as a target on my list. Gronk at this stage is still 2x better than anyone we have ever had play TE.

Didn't we once run an elite offense built around a tight end called the "K-Gun"?  Metzelaars might not be Gronk level, but he made a bunch of clutch catches during the 4 falls of Buffalo. Metzelaars finished his 16 NFL seasons with 383 receptions for 3,686 yards and 29 touchdowns in 235 games. At the time of his retirement, his 235 games were the most ever played by a tight end in NFL history.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

And win one with the hometown team.  Yes, he’s on his last legs but he’s still a huge upgrade over any TE on our roster.  I think he’d love to play with Josh.  They both play the game with a lot of joy and are both big athletic freaks.  I think it’s time for possibly the best homegrown talent WNY has ever produced to come back home and win a title.  From a brand perspective, I think it’d make Gronk even a bigger name than he already is.  The dude is Buffalo.  So is Josh.  

Gronk's home is wherever Brady is

He came out of retirement to play with Brady

On 2/8/2021 at 10:15 AM, BearNorth said:

Didn't we once run an elite offense built around a tight end called the "K-Gun"?  Metzelaars might not be Gronk level, but he made a bunch of clutch catches during the 4 falls of Buffalo. Metzelaars finished his 16 NFL seasons with 383 receptions for 3,686 yards and 29 touchdowns in 235 games. At the time of his retirement, his 235 games were the most ever played by a tight end in NFL history.

Do the math.

Metz  REC 383 YDS 3686 TD 29

Gronk REC 566 YDS 8484 TD 86

MATH.
REC Gronk 1.47 times better
YDS Gronk 2.3 times better
TD'sGronk 2.96 times better

TOTAL AVG. 2.24 TIMES BETTER

And Gronk is still going. 

And Gronk can block. So you can call blocking a wash. 

My original post said Gronk was 2 times better than anyone we ever had. So corrected he is 2.24 times better. 

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/25-greatest-tight-ends-nfl-history

Gronk at #3 all time.  Metz wouldn't make top 100.

Edit:
I guess @BobChandlersHands doesn't like math. We could do common core, but then Gronk might be 10x better. 

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2