Shaq Barrett should have won MVP not Brady

Big Turk

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

On a related note, Barrett is sort of an amazing and interesting story. He was an UDFA out of Colorado state for Denver. Played as a backup and PS player. Just spent his time grinding and learning everything he could from Von Miller and Demarcus Ware. 

Denver liked him but let him walk because they had Chubb and Miller. Then he is ready to sign a somewhat long-term deal with Cincy, and Cincy pulls the plug on it. 

he scrambles to sign a 1-year deal with Tampa in 2019, and get 19.5 sacks!! 

He is going to be signing a monster deal this off-season, and deservedly so. 

Wow I had no idea he was undrafted.   Dude is a beast.

Bengals must be kicking themselves.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

He did turn it over.  Take a look at the “defensive holding” at 7:55 of the 2nd qtr.  gift from the refs.  

that is NOT defensive holding 

Yes it is...he absolutely impacted his momentum out of the break. It didn't look like much maybe, but he both slowed down his shoulder turn and grabbed the inside of his hip as he was trying to accelerate.

Playing soccer, if I could get my wrist on someone's hip running side by side I could win everytime. You super rarely get called for it, but you have so much control over someone if you know where to apply very not obvious amounts of force. When you've been flat beat and you very obviously reach out for those spots like the chiefs player did there it's a foul.

Basically chief's dude wasn't playing dirty or cheap by any means, but he tried to use gamesmanship in a situation where he was flat beat...not like it was a 50/50 break and both he and Evans were handfighting...Evans torched him and dude tried to keep it sneaky, but real tough with that much separation.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Yes it is...he absolutely impacted his momentum out of the break. It didn't look like much maybe, but he both slowed down his shoulder turn and grabbed the inside of his hip as he was trying to accelerate.

Playing soccer, if I could get my wrist on someone's hip running side by side I could win everytime. You super rarely get called for it, but you have so much control over someone if you know where to apply very not obvious amounts of force. When you've been flat beat and you very obviously reach out for those spots like the chiefs player did there it's a foul.

Basically chief's dude wasn't playing dirty or cheap by any means, but he tried to use gamesmanship in a situation where he was flat beat...not like it was a 50/50 break and both he and Evans were handfighting...Evans torched him and dude tried to keep it sneaky, but real tough with that much separation.

Ok.....how about the fact that Chris Jones tipped the pass before the hold occurred....making the hold not a hold at all.  

Shaq , White and David are beasts and should represent the blueprint for how to take down the high powered offenses in the NFL. We had a couple of speedy LBs, but they weren't physical enough and didn't pressure the QBs, shut down running games or instill fear in receivers, especially tight ends. running routes underneath. They had no interceptions and on the biggest stage came up short. Our LBs need upgrading.

41 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Well, in that case that should be reviewable and reversed.

Yup.  That was a terrible call and completely changed the game.  As did many of the calls. It was very poorly officiated 2nd quarter imo 

Just saw this too.  

31 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Shaq , White and David are beasts and should represent the blueprint for how to take down the high powered offenses in the NFL. We had a couple of speedy LBs, but they weren't physical enough and didn't pressure the QBs, shut down running games or instill fear in receivers, especially tight ends. running routes underneath. They had no interceptions and on the biggest stage came up short. Our LBs need upgrading.

Our pass rush needs upgrading MUCH more than our LBs.  They were the difference in the game.

If Milano leaves, the guy we replace

him with is an important piece, no doubt.

But we aren’t going to acquire a LB as good as Devin White.  He’s on another level. Maybe we can sign David, but I doubt he leaves TB.  This position is important, but secondary to improving our pass rush

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yup.  That was a terrible call and completely changed the game.  As did many of the calls. It was very poorly officiated 2nd quarter imo 

Just saw this too.  

Our pass rush needs upgrading MUCH more than our LBs.  They were the difference in the game.

If Milano leaves, the guy we replace

him with is an important piece, no doubt.

But we aren’t going to acquire a LB as good as Devin White.  He’s on another level. Maybe we can sign David, but I doubt he leaves TB.  This position is important, but secondary to improving our pass rush

I agree about improving the pass rush but when you have Barrett, White or David, these ferocious edge and stunt blitzes, make Oliver, Hughes and Epenesa better. I know White and Barrett quality LBs aren't readily available, but one LB game changer would go a long way to putting us on another level. 

3 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I agree about improving the pass rush but when you have Barrett, White or David, these ferocious edge and stunt blitzes, make Oliver, Hughes and Epenesa better. I know White and Barrett quality LBs aren't readily available, but one LB game changer would go a long way to putting us on another level. 

Shaq and David are free agents.....we can dream right?  

Shaq is a pass rusher and would play DE for us.  

White was a top 10 pick as an inside LB and one of the best LBs prospects I’ve ever watched.  We could get lucky a la a Darius Leonard type 2nd rd pick.  There are a bunch of backers I like in this draft.  

I agree that LBers of white and David caliber are complete game changers.  They are for sure. They just don’t have the impact of a dominant pass Rush

Just now, NewEra said:

Shaq and David are free agents.....we can dream right?  

Shaq is a pass rusher and would play DE for us.  

White was a top 10 pick as an inside LB and one of the best LBs prospects I’ve ever watched.  We could get lucky a la a Darius Leonard type 2nd rd pick.  There are a bunch of backers I like in this draft.  

I agree that LBers of white and David caliber are complete game changers.  They are for sure. They just don’t have the impact of a dominant pass Rush

Hopefully the braintrust is on the same page. Look for Epenesa to add 30 lbs of muscle and be productive next season also.

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Hopefully the braintrust is on the same page. Look for Epenesa to add 30 lbs of muscle and be productive next season also.

He just lost 30 LBs this offseason.  I don’t think they want him back to his original al weight, but if he can add 30lbs and not sacrifice much of the speed he’s gained 👍🏻

I’m all about him putting some weight back on, but probably 10-20ish

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He just lost 30 LBs this offseason.  I don’t think they want him back to his original al weight, but if he can add 30lbs and not sacrifice much of the speed he’s gained 👍🏻

I’m all about him putting some weight back on, but probably 10-20ish

If he can be what he was at Iowa and they pick off another free agent edge rusher the prospect of actually improving the pressure packages is realistic. 

Fun fact - he was an UDFA rookie taken by Denver!

And he's a FA👀👀👀

2 hours ago, Augie said:

What does it say that I am just happy the title wasn’t “Barrett should of won MVP”?   🤷‍♂️

lol.

I feel ya man. It gets annoying at times I can't speak for others but I usually  make grammar mistakes because I'm rushing and not proof reading my responses 🤷‍♂️