Exiled in Illinois' fleecing of America continues.

Beerball

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Old story.   You're decades behind,, keep up with the trends.  It already got a different name 11 years ago:

https://www.organicauthority.com/buzz-news/asian-carp-gets-a-new-name-kentucky-tuna

"Kentucky Bluefin"

Have they no shame rehashing 11 year old stories?

Why are you trying to trick people into eating gross sucker fish, EII?!

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Beerball said:

Yet more failure brought to you by the people charged with protecting our waterways.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-30-invasive-carp-pulled-004700953.html

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Disgraceful

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The "corpse" fail again.

It really begs the question:  How successful can one be at his job, if he only has to work 36 days/calendar year?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm reading this thread...

I see the "classic" stories from Yahoo...

I work at Yahoo...

Makes me want to sell about $5 Million in Real Estate in the next 6 months so I can go to Yahoo and say "Here's my Mac Book Pro. I quit".

Fun fact: What does Yahoo use for their company email system? Gmail

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

It really begs the question:  How successful can one be at his job, if he only has to work 36 days/calendar year?

Catch up on your sleep?  😆

31 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Lake Erie whitefish?😀

They already have whitefish... Will get confusing with the L.Superior variety.  😉 OH, wait... That's the point! 

On 4/10/2021 at 8:48 AM, Beerball said:

Yet more failure brought to you by the people charged with protecting our waterways.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-30-invasive-carp-pulled-004700953.html

The forest service and ACOE should introduce Alaskan Grizzly Bears to the greater Illinois waterways. The end result would be a win/win: grizzlies would congregate near the carp ladders as they swim toward Lake Erie and fill their bellies AND we could watch live video footage as the bears eat fish, wildflowers and men driving golf carts along the wall. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

The forest service and ACOE should introduce Alaskan Grizzly Bears to the greater Illinois waterways. The end result would be a win/win: grizzlies would congregate near the carp ladders as they swim toward Lake Erie and fill their bellies AND we could watch live video footage as the bears eat fish, wildflowers and men driving golf carts along the wall. 

Can women not drive golf carts along the wall?

On 4/11/2021 at 9:39 AM, BringBackFergy said:

A true win/win.

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Yesterday I was watching "How the States got their shapes" and they had about the Asisan Carp and EIL'a canal!

Interesting... Expand.   Were they talking about how Illinois pushed the Wisconsin border up north where it is today because of the Chicago Portage, etc...?  I think that dispute was settled in Congress.  Nathaniel Pope got Congress to move the border up north.  It should have been further south per NW Ordinance, inline w/Indiana... The northern border with Wisconsin Territory (WI wouldn't be a state for another 20 years) enabled the Chicago Portage and mineral rights in the Galena Territory to fall under Illinois control... Along with the canal that brought Chicago to prominence. 

Quite a shrewd move... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.