Thoughts and prayers for Zerovoltz here

Aussie Joe

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m of the view that you have no clue whether or not Mahomes injury had an affect on his play and speculating that he was the same qb we always see is just that, speculation.  

Your post was insinuating that his injury had no affect on his play, when the truth is, you have no idea.

Absolutely.  Tommy boy did a great job in picking the right spot.  Great o and a great d.  The Bucs front 7 makes me jealous 

It is possible of course that the injury did affect his play in marginal way. As Hapless has pointed out, Simms feels that it could have influenced play selection or the speed with which he was able to execute. Perhaps I should have said that whether it affected his play or not it did not IMO (or “speculation”, if you prefer to call it that) account for the fact that he was not successful. The absence of his tackles, Tod Bowles and the TB defence were the reason for that IMO. You have elsewhere made the point that a QB’s abilities might be impaired even in a game where he was playing extremely well. So in principle you accept that a QBs injury may have no bearing on the result, good or bad, in which case it is immaterial. I’m saying, or trying to say, that PMs turf toe had no appreciable effect on the result. The reasons for that were different (see above).

I think that Philip Rivers loss to the Pats in 2007 (torn ACL) is a very good example of where QB injury might credibly had a major impact on the result. That was not the case yesterday IMO. Speaking of Rivers, I think he played the Bills playoff game with an injured toe. I think he played about as well as he could given where he’s at in his career and I don’t think it had any effect on that result either. Just my speculation of course.

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

We can do one of these threads for Mr. Law when the Bills win the SB.

I suspect there will be a lot of posters here whose lives will feel rudderless after the Bills win their first SB..........but Scott won't be one of them.......the journey is the reward.....that's why he can be critical.

For too many here the destination is too clearly the reward.   That's all the team is for them and it's why they are so easily offended by criticism of the team. 

Good example of what I'm talking about is WGR's Bulldog and his Red Sox fandom.    He was a die-hard, watch-every-Red Sox game and worry about the tiny details guy...........and once they won that first WS he lost interest.   He got the reward and instead of it improving his experience it left him wanting less.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I suspect there will be a lot of posters here whose lives will feel rudderless after the Bills win their first SB..........but Scott won't be one of them.......the journey is the reward.....that's why he can be critical.

For too many here the destination is too clearly the reward.   That's all the team is for them and it's why they are so easily offended by criticism of the team. 

Good example of what I'm talking about is WGR's Bulldog and his Red Sox fandom.    He was a die-hard, watch-every-Red Sox game and worry about the tiny details guy...........and once they won that first WS he lost interest.   He got the reward and instead of it improving his experience it left him wanting less.

Scott will be fine, as there's always going to be something to complain about.  

2 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

They also didn't have Gronk, AB or Fournette

All three of whom contributed to TB's SB win last night. Certainly Gronk and AB chose Tampa BECAUSE of Brady. Not as sure about Fournette. Here in Patriots nation, the local radio talking heads (Felger and Maz) are eviscerating the Hoodie for letting the golden boy get away. What's clear to everyone is that Brady makes a much better GM than the dark Lord (who essentially acts as de facto GM). Whatever we may think of TB12 (he's been the bane of my existence for the last 2 decades that I've been living in New England), the culture change that he effected within the Buccaneers organization in 9 months is nothing short of remarkable.

11 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Funny how how he wasn't limping 2 weeks ago against the Bills ;)

He ran 5 times for 5 yds with a long of 9  (and 3 kneel downs) against the Bills

He ran 5 times for 33yds with a long of 11 vs the Chiefs.

I wouldn't totally discount the "loser's limp" aspect........... but he did have to run 497 yards against Tampa per next gen stats. :lol:

He barely had to move off his spot against Buffalo, unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WideNine said:

You made me delete my reply - but you are absolutely correct. They go from a talented very good defense to a great defense that runs like a well-oiled machine with Vea back in the lineup.

Not just another fat guy in the middle trying to hold his ground, he is a force that demands o-line attention and double-teams. Before he was injured PFF graded him as one of the best pure 1-tech NTs in the league: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-tampa-bay-buccaneers-nose-tackle-vita-vea-becoming-one-of-nfls-best-at-the-position

That has got to hurt just a bit... 😅

Vea1.thumb.jpg.2d2faa3c54f7c1cedd5e126f7ebde174.jpg

Vea2.thumb.jpg.d1d2ec1c950dda01fd021d4767c88b0e.jpg

Is there any actual evidence to suggest that he isn’t that guy from Moana? 

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I wouldn't totally discount the "loser's limp" aspect........... but he did have to run 497 yards against Tampa per next gen stats. :lol:

He barely had to move off his spot against Buffalo, unfortunately.

Curious: where in the Next Gen stats do you find info about the distance the QB moves between snap and throw?

34 minutes ago, Rico said:

Greatest pic ever!

Ettjkd-EWg-AELzbr.jpg

When they showed this repay I said to the Misses, how anti-cliamtic would it be right now if Mahomes was just killed on the field? If they had to cart his lifeless body away would they keep playing? She didn't appreciate the train of thought. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Curious: where in the Next Gen stats do you find info about the distance the QB moves between snap and throw?

I was just watching them discussing it on NFL network.   They are always quoting Next Gen so probably on the NFL.com site.

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

When they showed this repay I said to the Misses, how anti-cliamtic would it be right now if Mahomes was just killed on the field? If they had to cart his lifeless body away would they keep playing? She didn't appreciate the train of thought. 

It's the Super Bowl, the show must go on. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just thought the community here might want to reach out to our old mate after the man shaming his team got today....

Keep in mind that this was someone that joined the forum the year after the Bills traded with the Chiefs for Mahomes to troll us about the Bills picking JA...

I’m pretty  happy now how things worked out ...

Allen was fantastic this year, but trading away Mahomes cannot be seen as a win under any circumstances.

• Eyeroll 2

36 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Allen was fantastic this year, but trading away Mahomes cannot be seen as a win under any circumstances.

You may as well be happy/ optimistic with how it worked out .... what’s the alternative? Being upset/ disappointed about it?

• Like (+1) 1

I think if @zerovoltz is indeed only a troll he will take his leave of the forum  and never come back after a bad loss and to that would be a good riddance. If he isnt a troll he not showing his face around here today is understandable. The last place I would want to be is a somewhat gloating hostile fan board while simultaneously licking my fresh wounds. WE all know how losing a super bowl feels **well those of us who were around those years anyway**

AS far as Mahomes is concerned his tackles were turnstiles yesterday and no QB is going to perform well under those circumstances. That and Tampa Bay was dominant in the trenches on both sides of the ball limiting their very potent offense to 9 measley points. What I DONT want to hear from their fanbase is crying about officiating where against the Bills they made out like bandits with non calls. The NFL Gods give and take away it is what it is. 

It was tiresome allll the posts about we woulda coulda shoulda drafted Mahomes. That those are over hallelujah. I still think Mahomes is a very good QB and seems to be a nice guy so I dont want to bash him I just want to beat him fair and square the next time we lay them. GO BILLS 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1