Thoughts and prayers for Zerovoltz here

Aussie Joe

31 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

So apparently winning in the trenches and defense still matter in the 21st century, despite what so many think. I never doubted it. I hope Beane was watching.

This. So much this.

Three things seem to win in the modern NFL:

1.) Pass-heavy, spread-adjacent offenses with elite QBs at the helm.
2.) Being able to attack with just your front four, while simulating pressure and offering multiple disguised man and zone looks.
3.) Strong play in the trenches.

The Bills seem to have number 1 figured out. They also have the coaches, scheme, and some of the personnel needed to achieve item number 2. In order for both item 1 and 2 to work more effectively, though, and thus for the team to take the next step, the biggest need is improvement along both the offensive and defensive lines.

As much as we may all want a corner, a linebacker, a stud tight end...the number 1 thing that would improve this team on both sides of the ball is improvement in the trenches. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, I was genuinely shocked by the game but I never really get anything rooting for another team to lose. Like when NE would lose a SB, I never really cared.

I was so happy with this season and what Allen has become, it’s all positive vibes. ✌️ 

Personally I just wanted the bills and the league see Mahomes down on the canvas. See him bleed.... just a psyche thing.... yes i'm probably over thinking it. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Personally I just wanted the bills and the league see Mahomes down on the canvas. See him bleed.... just a psyche thing.... yes i'm probably over thinking it. 

I shouldn’t say this but I really like Mahomes. 😬 but otherwise, it is kinda of a scummy team. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, I was genuinely shocked by the game but I never really get anything rooting for another team to lose. Like when NE would lose a SB, I never really cared.

I was so happy with this season and what Allen has become, it’s all positive vibes. ✌️ 

Me too, no strong feelings for either team and the gushing over Brady and Mahomes forced me to hit the mute for much of it.

Did have some sour grapes for the way they were hitting Allen late and the BS stunts after the whistle. Felt like I was forced to watch someone bully a child that won't fight back.

Till we had that "Christmas Story" Ralphie meltdown near the end.

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think seeing Mahomes operate behind an average O line was important for the world to see.

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As bills fans, we’re making fun of a team for losing a super bowl??? 

Nah.

We're poking fun at one particular message board poster who joined this board specifically to talk about how great Mahomes is and how great the Chiefs are. 

All we've heard for three+ years now is how great #15 is and how silly the Bills were for passing on him. Pointing it out and trolling us about it were literally Zero's entire reasons for joining this forum, which he has admitted multiple times. He eventually pivoted to talking about how great Allen has become, but only in a condescending, pat-on-the-head,  "I'm glad your team at least got a good QB out of the trade so I don't have to pity you so much" type of way.

So yeah, we're damn sure gonna talk a little smack back to him on the ONE occasion that his savior QB actually looked mortal. If a Mahomes fanboy troll can't be teased a bit when his QB gets stomped in the Super Bowl, then why does the internet even exist?

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I shouldn’t say this but I really like Mahomes. 😬 but otherwise, it is kinda of a scummy team. 

Mahomes was actually spectacular in one of the worst SB performances a QB has had in recent years.  Some of those throws while he was falling down were just jaw dropping.  His receivers weren't helping him.

• Disagree 2

14 minutes ago, eball said:

No, but all I’ve heard is that Mahomes is some sort of wizard who makes the impossible, possible. All people want to do today is make excuses for him. Josh actually made some things happen in the KC game, and his coach took the ball out of his hands twice when he might have made another play. Mahomes didn’t make much at all happen last night except throw up a few desperation heaves.

I hear ya.  I get that.

My perspective, as most of my reading comes from Bills centered sites.... all is read is Mahomes is only this good because he has Hill and Tyreek.  He’s never played without 2 all pros, so we don’t know how he’d be without them.  Andy Reid is an offensive guru and that’s another reason why he’s good.....

None of that has to do with Josh Allen, but for whatever reason, so many feel the need to compare them and put him alongside and MVP, super bowl champ MVP because he had an outstanding season.  He IS an outstanding QB that is only getting better week in week out.  It’s fine to be just that.  Why do we have to put him in the same category as a qb that has earned the right to be on top of the QB rankings?  Why can’t we just be happy that Josh is amazing and might eventually be just as good or better than Mahomes.  He hasn’t earned that yet.  When he has, I’ll be one of the first to admit it.  

So that’s why I take the stance that I do regarding this the Mahomes - Allen discussion.  I just don’t see that much Josh Allen hate.  I see a lot of (as I see them) unwarranted comparisons.  I state my opinion on the comparisons.  

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Mahomes was actually spectacular in one of the worst SB performances a QB has had in recent years.  Some of those throws while he was falling down were just jaw dropping.  His receivers weren't helping him.

Totally disagree - he was below Average most game and made a few “sugar high” throws that Josh gets blasted for, but people love when Mahomes makes those throws.  He should of been called for intentional grounding a couple of times as he rushed backwards 25-30 yards and threw the ball away out of bounds short of the LOS. 

The Two biggest throws he had were when he got spun around and threw the ball as he came back around and the one he was tripped up and launched a pass that should of been picked, but ended up hitting his own guy in the face mask. 

Josh had similar plays during the regular season and completed his falling pass to Beasley.  

I am at the point where I no longer think there is anything Mahomes can do that Josh can do.  The difference right now is between the match-up between teams.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Success said:

Mahomes, like most QBs, has his go-to players (like Allen has Diggs and Beasley).

Those QB/receiver relationships help propel a team, but are also their biggest Achilles heel. You take them away and most QB's get rattled and make mistakes or take sacks.

Tampa's LB's did what ours should have. They jammed Kelce off the line, knocked him off the routes and disrupted timing and stuck to him like glue, forcing Mahomes to hold onto the ball or try to force it into coverage.

Don't think either of our linebackers can cover and tackle like theirs.

They used their 2-deep safeties to bracket Hill so he was not open either. The net result was very Allen-like. Similar defensive philosophy that teams use against Allen - pressure with 4, the rest in coverage. Mahomes did a lot of scrambling around, had some phenomenal passes, but had negative plays and turnovers too that effectively negated those stellar plays.

In the end 3 field goals and a frustrated Kelce who was dragging ass by the 4th quarter because he was in a scramble drill for so many plays trying to shake their LB coverage.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

It certainly wasn't all Brady. TB's front 7 is just dominating. But TB had virtually the same defense the previous year and got nowhere with Jameis Winston. As much as I hate to admit it, Brady had plenty to do with getting them to the big game and winning it all.

The thing is, Tampa Bay's defense was inconsistent all season.

They got red hot at the right time.

It definitely was not all Crybaby's doing. Except all the Crybaby fans will deny it.

Edited by Mark Vader

34 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I think seeing Mahomes operate behind an average O line was important for the world to see.

He’s been doing this all season

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The thing is, Tampa Bay's defense was inconsistent all season.

They got red hot at the right time.

It definitely was not all Crybaby's doing. Except all the Crybaby fans will deny it.

They didn’t have Vea for the majority of the season. He came back for the NCFCG

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As bills fans, we’re making fun of a team for losing a super bowl??? 

Yeah... particularly after the  display the Chiefs o produced yesterday...it deserved to be made fun of..

If someone wants to make fun of the Bills losing games from last century i couldnt care less.. 

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just thought the community here might want to reach out to our old mate after the man shaming his team got today....

Keep in mind that this was someone that joined the forum the year after the Bills traded with the Chiefs for Mahomes to troll us about the Bills picking JA...

I’m pretty  happy now how things worked out ...

They won a ring last year and played for one this year. We haven't made a title game since I was shitting my diapers.

Who are we laughing at? Don't be a jabroni.

Edited by Elite Poster
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I'll never feel sorry for a guy whose team loses a Super Bowl.  I didn't expect a pity party when the Bills were losing four in a row and I won't throw one now.  In fact I long for those types of problems again!

BTW I like Zerv, he was on the Broncos boards defending Allen a coupe of months ago.

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I get that.

My perspective, as most of my reading comes from Bills centered sites.... all is read is Mahomes is only this good because he has Hill and Tyreek.  He’s never played without 2 all pros, so we don’t know how he’d be without them.  Andy Reid is an offensive guru and that’s another reason why he’s good.....

None of that has to do with Josh Allen, but for whatever reason, so many feel the need to compare them and put him alongside and MVP, super bowl champ MVP because he had an outstanding season.  He IS an outstanding QB that is only getting better week in week out.  It’s fine to be just that.  Why do we have to put him in the same category as a qb that has earned the right to be on top of the QB rankings?  Why can’t we just be happy that Josh is amazing and might eventually be just as good or better than Mahomes.  He hasn’t earned that yet.  When he has, I’ll be one of the first to admit it.  

So that’s why I take the stance that I do regarding this the Mahomes - Allen discussion.  I just don’t see that much Josh Allen hate.  I see a lot of (as I see them) unwarranted comparisons.  I state my opinion on the comparisons.  

You see, there are always going to be comparisons between Allen and Mahomes because they are forever linked by those two drafts and the decision made by McDermott.  You're going to frustrate yourself wishing they would go away.  Reasonable arguments may be made that Mahomes is still better than Josh, but there are also reasonable arguments to be made that Josh is damn close to Mahomes' level.  It just so happens that each QB's most recent performance gives us some insight into how they perform when everything else isn't perfect.  In my opinion Josh handled a more "hostile" situation better, but I acknowledge others may take a different view.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

They won a ring last year and played for one this year. We haven't made a title game since I was shitting my diapers.

Who are we laughing at? Don't be a jabroni.

The spirited defense of a poster whose sole purpose on this message board is to constantly talk up Patrick Mahomes and subtly jab Bills fans for trading away the chance to draft him is perplexing to me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Totally disagree - he was below Average most game and made a few “sugar high” throws that Josh gets blasted for, but people love when Mahomes makes those throws.  He should of been called for intentional grounding a couple of times as he rushed backwards 25-30 yards and threw the ball away out of bounds short of the LOS. 

The Two biggest throws he had were when he got spun around and threw the ball as he came back around and the one he was tripped up and launched a pass that should of been picked, but ended up hitting his own guy in the face mask. 

Josh had similar plays during the regular season and completed his falling pass to Beasley.  

I am at the point where I no longer think there is anything Mahomes can do that Josh can do.  The difference right now is between the match-up between teams.  

Fair points.  I agree about Allen.  I would NOT trade Allen for Mahomes right now. I think they're close, and I think Allen has a higher ceiling.

It was weird watching last night.  It almost looked like a mirror image of the game we had w/ them - especially the way Mahomes was running from pressure all night, sometimes retreating 20+ yards from the LOS.  There were so many hot takes after our game w/ them that it showed the "mental" advantage Mahomes had over Allen - but clearly, pressure makes a difference.

Still, I thought he made some amazing escapes and throws last night. But we've seen Allen do the same under pressure.

• Like (+1) 1