Thoughts and prayers for Zerovoltz here

Aussie Joe

@GunnerBill watch this if you think the whole being a farmboy didn't matter in terms of work ethic... you don't even have to watch past 2 minutes before Josh and his mom bring up how that farmer work ethic was instilled in him and how much it mattered:

You might not believe that the farming lifestyle lends itself to a strong work ethic, but you should probably keep that to yourself if you're talking to a farmer.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

@GunnerBill watch this if you think the whole being a farmboy didn't matter in terms of work ethic... you don't even have to watch past 2 minutes before Josh and his mom bring up how that farmer work ethic was instilled in him:

You might not believe that the farming lifestyle lends itself to a strong work ethic, but you should probably keep that to yourself if you're talking to a farmer.

I've come across a few dudes from farming families in Idaho. Invariably they were all extremely humble, down to Earth, and super hard workers.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s weird. I think most people are saying Allen is a top 5 qb yet that isn’t good enough for some. They need to tear down any rival! Crazy thought: Allen, Watson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady are all really, really good qbs!

This.

Obviously the QB matters and has to be "good enough" but the offense and defense and ST and coaching matter too

• Like (+1) 1

Being the kid of a farmer has nothing to do with having a good work ethic- being raised by people who honor and instill a sense of value for hard work is everything. That can be a fifth generation farmer, or a single mom working a double at Winn-Dixie. 

Farmers have a strong work ethic because there is no such thing as phoning it in. You can’t be a lazy farmer for long. You might be able to get by in other roles without 100% commitment, but not the hand to mouth existence of most farmers. Same can be said for just about anyone who owns their own business. 

That being said, there isn’t anything to indicate Mahomes is a diva. I hated what he said and it was a bad look, but it’s not indicative of a pattern as

far as I have seen. If it continues, maybe there’s something there. So far there isn’t. 

Josh is, by all accounts, one of the hardest workers in football - that is likely due to his upbringing, but if his dad had been the CEO of a Fortune 500 company he still could have that ethic if his dad had taught him the hard work required of being a successful man. 

P.s. - I will say it seems generally true that farmer kids are exposed to a hard days work earlier than kids raised in different contexts, which probably contributes to an understanding of work. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I've come across a few dudes from farming families in Idaho. Invariably they were all extremely humble, down to Earth, and super hard workers.

Drug dealers and prostitutes are super hard workers too.  So I’m told. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Being the kid of a farmer has nothing to do with having a good work ethic- being raised by people who honor and instill a sense of value for hard work is everything. That can be a fifth generation farmer, or a single mom working a double at Winn-Dixie. 

Farmers have a strong work ethic because there is no such thing as phoning it in. You can’t be a lazy farmer for long. You might be able to get by in other roles without 100% commitment, but not the hand to mouth existence of most farmers. Same can be said for just about anyone who owns their own business. 

That being said, there isn’t anything to indicate Mahomes is a diva. I hated what he said and it was a bad look, but it’s not indicative of a pattern as

far as I have seen. If it continues, maybe there’s something there. So far there isn’t. 

Josh is, by all accounts, one of the hardest workers in football - that is likely due to his upbringing, but if his dad had been the CEO of a Fortune 500 company he still could have that ethic if his dad had taught him the hard work required of being a successful man. 

P.s. - I will say it seems generally true that farmer kids are exposed to a hard days work earlier than kids raised in different contexts, which probably contributes to an understanding of work. 

So much circular reasoning here my head is spinning 

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

@GunnerBill watch this if you think the whole being a farmboy didn't matter in terms of work ethic... you don't even have to watch past 2 minutes before Josh and his mom bring up how that farmer work ethic was instilled in him and how much it mattered:

More clichéd nonsense. And my maternal grandfather was a farmer too.