Thoughts and prayers for Zerovoltz here

Aussie Joe

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not at all.  Looks like I did though.  Apologies.

I’ve taken a beating for defending the Bills new arch nemesis.  If I get snarky, I’m sorry.  

They whooped us, no doubt. Josh has to prove it again next year, he didn’t have the college history or pro start. Can’t argue that. It’s all good👍

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

They whooped us, no doubt. Josh has to prove it again next year, he didn’t have the college history or pro start. Can’t argue that. It’s all good👍

Yeah....he also didn’t have much of a chance as Feliciano and the OL were eaten alive.  Similar to what happened in the SB.  2 QBs that were at the mercy of their teammates and coaches

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah....he also didn’t have much of a chance as Feliciano and the OL were eaten alive.  Similar to what happened in the SB.  2 QBs that were at the mercy of their teammates and coaches

More than anything else I hope we are able to improve our O And D lines this off-season.  That’s the best thing they can do for this team in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

More than anything else I hope we are able to improve our O And D lines this off-season.  That’s the best thing they can do for this team in my opinion.

We also need to improve the run game though. At the moment defenses know we’re going to look for passes time and again; we need to be able to switch things up to keep them on their toes.

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

That’s our offseason in a nutshell. I’d focus the majority of our resources on OL/DL, Milanos replacement and either another TE so we can become more multiple with our sets, or another WR to replace Smoke.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

We also need to improve the run game though. At the moment defenses know we’re going to look for passes time and again; we need to be able to switch things up to keep them on their toes.

He did say improve the OL....which should improve our run game.

I hope we add a RB that can keep the D honest but the fact is, good run blocking can also keep the D honest. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He did say improve the OL....which should improve our run game.

I hope we add a RB that can keep the D honest but the fact is, good run blocking can also keep the D honest. 

Sorry, yes, that’s what I meant - I’d like to get a RB in if possible.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I hear ya.  I’d like one with some speed.  Considering our cap situation, it’s going to be a tall task to improve the pass rush to where we’re happy with it, while also rebuilding the OL, signing/replacing milano, adding a RB, another TE, another WR (if we cut brown).

Beane has his work cut out for him.  I haven’t been disappointed yet.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I don’t think we can afford a free agent but a quicker back with good hands should be found, if that’s by the draft then so be it. But the lines need to come first, that will improve everyone else around.  Singletary and Moss are not the best, but damn their generally are few holes former them to go through. Fixing the line improves those two. Maybe there there is a scheme change needed too, but what is obvious, is something needs to change..

19 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

As I said before, I don’t think the run game improves with the current line with a faster back. Not consistently, yeah they will get to the edge quicker an that will improve us a bit, and then teams will pick up on that and adjust where they can. Real improvement will come from Scheme and personnel changes in my opinion. I just hope we have the urgency and capital to pull it off...

(in honor of Rodney King) .....Can't we all just get along?  

Let's examine the Allen, Mahomes (and whatever otehr QB you might want to insert here) 

It's hard to win a championship in the NFL.  The teams that do it...seem to do so, with a really good QB....and at least a few other really high end players on O or D or both.

Let's just say the God of football came down from on high, and unequivically declared Josh Allen the winner.  .......Then what?

If you don't know the answer the "then what" let me tell you the answer.  If you don't win the super bowl....it doens't matter that much.  We all like to admire our teams players and we like to enjoy these "who is better" debates.....

I'm telling you now...especially since Mahomes just lost to Brady and the debate is OVER.  ....I don't care if Mahoems is 2nd, 3rd, 4th., 10th best...you CAN HAVE IT.  Having won the SB, and now lost one in my lifetime.....inject me with more lombardis....I don't need another MVP award, or baby goat debate....or 50 TD's passing again....I don't care.  Football is/was WAY WAY MORE FUN when your team wins...and is peak fun, when you when a super bowl.  Give me more of THAT.

All I need to know about Mahomes is that he is capable of leading a team to championships.  He IS.  I'm good.

Allen is capable of it too.  

I'm looking forward to the offseason to see what my team does...and hopefully improves as you guys are yours....you know, like I do....you have a team that CAN do it becaue you know you ahve the QB who CAN.  That's it....the debate isn't Allen VS Mahomes...it's .....Does you team have a championship caliber QB that can get it done or not?  That's it.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

(in honor of Rodney King) .....Can't we all just get along?  

Let's examine the Allen, Mahomes (and whatever otehr QB you might want to insert here) 

It's hard to win a championship in the NFL.  The teams that do it...seem to do so, with a really good QB....and at least a few other really high end players on O or D or both.

Let's just say the God of football came down from on high, and unequivically declared Josh Allen the winner.  .......Then what?

If you don't know the answer the "then what" let me tell you the answer.  If you don't win the super bowl....it doens't matter that much.  We all like to admire our teams players and we like to enjoy these "who is better" debates.....

I'm telling you now...especially since Mahomes just lost to Brady and the debate is OVER.  ....I don't care if Mahoems is 2nd, 3rd, 4th., 10th best...you CAN HAVE IT.  Having won the SB, and now lost one in my lifetime.....inject me with more lombardis....I don't need another MVP award, or baby goat debate....or 50 TD's passing again....I don't care.  Football is/was WAY WAY MORE FUN when your team wins...and is peak fun, when you when a super bowl.  Give me more of THAT.

All I need to know about Mahomes is that he is capable of leading a team to championships.  He IS.  I'm good.

Allen is capable of it too.  

I'm looking forward to the offseason to see what my team does...and hopefully improves as you guys are yours....you know, like I do....you have a team that CAN do it becaue you know you ahve the QB who CAN.  That's it....the debate isn't Allen VS Mahomes...it's .....Does you team have a championship caliber QB that can get it done or not?  That's it.  

Wiggling out of this so easily?

The Allen vs. Mahomes debate is gonna continue for their entire careers, thanks in no small part to people like you, who saw Mahomes as great and a team that passed on taking Mahomes the year you did to trade down.  

Mahomes is great

Now it's clear Allen is great

I think we got the better end of the deal.  After seeing the way your guy threw some of his teammates under the bus after the SB loss vs. Allen walking literally from teammate to teammate offensively, I would rather have Josh Allen over Patrick Mahomes at this point.  It's starting to look like Mahomes has a bit of a diva in him and that should make you worry a little, despite the fact that he's generationally talented.  

Josh Allen, on the other hand, has farming in his background.  My Grandfather was a farmer.  I understand what that instills in you even if it's not in me.

But in the end, you're right: Super Bowls are what matter.

Well... watch out... we just made it to the AFC Championship only to get embarrassed by you.  But QB is the most important position for winning the Super Bowl and Josh Allen has gotten better by leaps and bounds every single year as an NFL starting QB.

2021 and beyond... what dreams may come...

Yes Transplamt, I concede to you whatever point you want to make.  The part that matters is the part where they have enough to win it all.  

Having now experienced losing the super bowl, the debate about who the better QB is between Mahomes and Allen doesn’t matter.  The Lombardis do.  I will trade you all the league MVP trophies you want, all the yardage you want, all the 50 td passing seasons you want and all the strongest arm contests you want...if it meant my team won the super bowl.  

im not trying to skip out on the debate or deprive you guys of some claim of having “the best” QB.  I’m just saying that I’m done with that argument and the only part that matters is whether or not the QB in question has what it takes to build a team around that can win.  

we could go point by point, and again if you made the case Allen was the better QB, then what....Mahomes 2nd best then?  Great.  I concede.  You win.  All that matters is I know I have a guy that I can win a Lombardi with.  

You have access to all the same charts, stats, graphs, film and information I do.  If you’ve seen enough of that and you want to say Allen is better, he has farmer background, etc.  seriously, I concede.  You have Allen, best QB in the NFL.  

I hope KC can make the right moves and put together a squad that can win again with the elite QB we have.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's starting to look like Mahomes has a bit of a diva in him and that should make you worry a little, despite the fact that he's generationally talented.  

Josh Allen, on the other hand, has farming in his background.  My Grandfather was a farmer.  I understand what that instills in you even if it's not in me.

This bit is such trash. Mahomes is not a diva and Josh Allen is no more or less likely to win a Superbowl because his family were farmers. Utter irrelevant claptrap. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Mahomes threw his OL and receivers under the bus after the game in a national interview. That’s a fact. He deflected the blame off of himself onto other teammates. Thats the complete 180 of how Josh Allen handles himself and his answers after tough loses. I hope every one of Mahomes teammates get to see and hear his remarks and that a rift starts tearing that team apart.  Mahomes finally had a bad game in the NFL. I’d assume his worst ever. And how he handled it afterwards was NOT leadership material.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

Mahomes threw his OL and receivers under the bus after the game in a national interview. That’s a fact. He deflected the blame off of himself onto other teammates. Thats the complete 180 of how Josh Allen handles himself and his answers after tough loses. I hope every one of Mahomes teammates get to see and hear his remarks and that a rift starts tearing that team apart.  Mahomes finally had a bad game in the NFL. I’d assume his worst ever. And how he handled it afterwards was NOT leadership material.  

I didn't hear the remarks, but I remember lots of posters on here last year saying McD threw Josh under the bus in the post game comments, and they speculated it was going to ruin the team. 

Edited by Motorin'

I'm excited for the future but concerned that thus far we are an ugly 0-2 in figuring out how to beat the Chiefs as currently constructed on either side of the ball. 

All the trends I see can point to the Bills and Allen not having yet peaked where as the Chiefs and Mahomes have peaked. But trends don't go on forever so we'll see what actually materializes in 2021. 

51 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm excited for the future but concerned that thus far we are an ugly 0-2 in figuring out how to beat the Chiefs as currently constructed on either side of the ball. 

All the trends I see can point to the Bills and Allen not having yet peaked where as the Chiefs and Mahomes have peaked. But trends don't go on forever so we'll see what actually materializes in 2021. 

There is certainly grounds for optimism that the Bills can close the gap. They have to be better up front on both sides. 

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This bit is such trash. Mahomes is not a diva and Josh Allen is no more or less likely to win a Superbowl because his family were farmers. Utter irrelevant claptrap. 

Work ethic has nothing and relationship building and trust of teammates have nothing to do with a QB's success?  Is that what you're saying?