Thoughts and prayers for Zerovoltz here

Aussie Joe

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Ugh. I’m normally a fan of Romo, but at the end of the game when he said Brady has “always done things the RIGHT WAY”...I nearly sprained my eyeballs rolling them so hard. Like...are we just gonna pretend that he DIDN’T get suspended for cheating and ISN’T a poor sport who often leaves the field without shaking hands with the other team when he loses? 🙄

I have come off of Romo a little... Not sure if he was always so willing to sell his dignity for popular players, and I didn't notice when he first started, or if he's gotten worse. But watching him is getting up there with Collinsworth when certain guys are on the field.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I have come off of Romo a little... Not sure if he was always so willing to sell his dignity for popular players, and I didn't notice when he first started, or if he's gotten worse. But watching him is getting up there with Collinsworth when certain guys are on the field.

Also, Florio and co recently pointed out that they’ve heard privately from tons of NFL play by play guys who all say that they can do Tony’s “calling the play out before it happens” psychic schtick too, but they choose not to, because that’s not what their job is. Who knows if that’s true or just sour grapes, but I’m guessing it’s true. Seems those in the biz are far less impressed by Romo than many a casual fan seem to be.

Edited by Logic

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

But the poor widdle baby had a huwt toe. Just ask Tony Romo. 

He did legit have a hurt toe and is having surgery, do you doubt this?

If the people quoting a NextGen stat I can't find are correct, he ran almost 500 yds on it which had to hurt like anything.  Kudos to the Bucs for sending him running all over the place, and Bad on us for letting him rest.

But Mahomes fiancee and mother getting all Salty because SportsCenter posted a couple pics of Mahomes undergoing the "Agony of Defeat" is ridiculous IMO.  If Allen's GF or mom did this I would be ashamed.  Just say you're proud of your man and leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Also, Florio and co recently pointed out that they’ve heard privately from tons of NFL play by play guys who all say that they can do Tony’s “calling the play out before it happens” psychic schtick too, but they choose not to, because that’s not what their job is. Who knows if that’s true or just sour grapes, but I’m guessing it’s true. Seems those in the biz are far less impressed by Romo than many a casual fan seem to be.

I don't know if they all can do it, but I'm guessing that certainly any of the ex-QBs doing play by play and probably most of the ex-skill players could do it.

Romo has really backed it down (presumably because "it's not what his job is" either) which is a shame to me, because it's one of the things I found most intriguing about him (and would about the other guys if they did it too)

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He did legit have a hurt toe and is having surgery, do you doubt this?

If the people quoting a NextGen stat I can't find are correct, he ran almost 500 yds on it which had to hurt like anything.  Kudos to the Bucs for sending him running all over the place, and Bad on us for letting him rest.

But Mahomes fiancee and mother getting all Salty because SportsCenter posted a couple pics of Mahomes undergoing the "Agony of Defeat" is ridiculous IMO.  If Allen's GF or mom did this I would be ashamed.  Just say you're proud of your man and leave it at that.

No, but two weeks ago all we heard was that his toe was fine and not an issue. I'm just sick of the ever ready excuses for him.  

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Agreed, he's become either all "FanGirl" about some of them, or else he's become willing to tote the "narrative" the network wants to push.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

No, but two weeks ago all we heard was that his toe was fine and not an issue. I'm just sick of the ever ready excuses for him.  

Two weeks ago it wasn't an issue because we got no pressure on him and he could just stand in the pocket and shove our coverage guys around the field with his eyes.  Sunday it was an issue because the Bucs made him "run for his life"

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/8/2021 at 8:13 AM, dave mcbride said:

This is false. He was on the forum before the 2017 draft (as a Bills fan) and pushing hard every day on his argument that the Bills needed to draft Mahomes. He switched to the Chiefs because he’s a Mahomes fan, but he still likes the Bills.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:41 AM, dave mcbride said:

No, he changed his name and rejoined. I was there and remember it clearly. He posted incessantly about Mahomes before the draft.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:41 AM, 4thandGoal said:

I dont know if I feel sorry for this Zerowits guy but I also dont want to hear from him or any Chiefs fan about how bad the officiating was. Yes Brady may have gotten a lot of the calls but the Chiefs got away with so many calls in their game against us two weeks ago.

Let me address this first.....and speaking for myself...not other Chiefs fans...anyone can say what they want....here it is.

KC played a bad game.  Clearly the O line played a bad game....the game plan was BAD.  KC arrogantly kept tyring to run the deep routes they always run and rely on Mahomes to find an open guy somewhere.  They didn't run against light boxes like they should have (remember buffalo game week 6?  I don't why KC didn't think that was a good idea in the SB, but it was in week 6.)  They didn't change the plan at all when it wasn't working...arrogant.  Part of that arrogance is that KC has played with a bad line the whole time Mahomes has been the QB...They've played with the backups to bad linemen and won...they thought that finaly, down to all backups...they'd still be able to do play same game.  They couldn't.  Poor planning.  

Some people will say this is the blueprint....IT WAS ALWAYS the blueprint...this was't the first time a team dropped 7 and rushed 4 and had success VS KC...KC still was more competive those other games....because they were always fielding at least a couple O line starters...

someone else mentioned that I HAVE SAID on here, the way to beat KC is a steady diet of TE and RB throwing.  The Raiders do it to us all the the time...we only win because we are ablet to outscore them...I said before the AFCCG...Buffalo....really great team....but HORRIBLE matchup for what KC does on D.....even Tampa didn't realy have much success going to the WR's....but they also didn't realy need to as we were are normal, awful selves covering their TE and RB.  The Chiefs D...wasn't even that bad...normally, KC's offense is able to stay in a game like that.  The problem was the offense.....too arrogant to take what was given...and they were giving KC run looks and short stuff....should have taken it.  

I'm not going to blame the officials...KC wins games with 10 penalties for 100 yards all the time.  

Personally, I had an arogant view of all this myself.....Mahomes has masked holes and won until this SB...I thought he could do it again.  HE could not. 

On 2/8/2021 at 8:42 AM, dave mcbride said:

No, it was the same person. It was an actual conversation back then. 

You all are thinking I am/was Jeffismagic. I am not.  Unless you think Jeffismagic has spent 3 years also posting on a Denver Broncos board with the same avatar and propping up Josh Allen, and writing a TON....of posts over there about the Chiefs and Broncos....that would a whole lot of effort....I'm not that guy.  

On 2/8/2021 at 11:55 AM, Pokebball said:

I think seeing Mahomes operate behind an average O line was important for the world to see.

Mahomes has opperated behind average/bad lines his whole career...the one he was hehind sunday was the worst group he's ever been behind in that it was missing both starting tackles...the best two parts.  

On 2/8/2021 at 11:56 AM, Logic said:

Nah.

We're poking fun at one particular message board poster who joined this board specifically to talk about how great Mahomes is and how great the Chiefs are. 

All we've heard for three+ years now is how great #15 is and how silly the Bills were for passing on him. Pointing it out and trolling us about it were literally Zero's entire reasons for joining this forum, which he has admitted multiple times. He eventually pivoted to talking about how great Allen has become, but only in a condescending, pat-on-the-head,  "I'm glad your team at least got a good QB out of the trade so I don't have to pity you so much" type of way.

So yeah, we're damn sure gonna talk a little smack back to him on the ONE occasion that his savior QB actually looked mortal. If a Mahomes fanboy troll can't be teased a bit when his QB gets stomped in the Super Bowl, then why does the internet even exist?

I joined to watch how the trade would work and how Allen would work out.  I didn't think Allen would work out at all.  I changed my mind as I watched him develop and do things I didn't think he would ever do.  I have written several posts here defending teh Bills sid of "the trade"  While I have always been a Mahomes fan and happy to talk about him....I have been very complimentary of Allen all season....even moreso than some Bills fans here....he's elite.  He is a franchise QB...you should be glad to have him...and you shouldn't want to trade him....not even for Mahomes...he's your guy...and you can win with him...it's early, you just made the AFCCG with a young franchise guy....there is a very very bright future ahead.....and I've been saying all year how I've been looking forward to these guys going at it for the next decade...

Since coming here and watching Allen...the Bills are my second favorite team.  I love to watch Allen play...he's awesome.  Allen and this community won me over. 

....so yes....I came here with intentions of douchebaggery.....I'd like to think if you looked at my posts from year one to now...you'd notice a difference.

I'll be around.....anyone care to go search for my bad takes....I'll own it.  Otherwise...looking forward to popping in every now and then to talk FA, draft, etc....and can't wait to see KC/Bills at Arrowhead next regular season...maybe another AFCCG will be in the works at some point between our teams.  

Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of your great community here.  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It seemed to get progressively worse along w the score 😂😂

Exactly. It was a built in excuse. Maybe it was genuinely hurting him, but you can't turn things like that on and off based on success or failure.

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Let me address this first...

I've always enjoyed your presence here - We're all happy to see the AFC king go down, but I personally hope you keep coming back and haven't ever considered you a troll. Sometimes you act like a guy who has a great QB, and that used to piss me (and probably others) off - mostly cause of jealousy, but now we're there with ya so it works out. :)

Looking forward to hosting you guys in the AFC chip game next year after you go 0-4 against the NFC East. 🤣

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Let me address this first.....and speaking for myself...not other Chiefs fans...anyone can say what they want....here it is.

KC played a bad game.  Clearly the O line played a bad game....the game plan was BAD.  KC arrogantly kept tyring to run the deep routes they always run and rely on Mahomes to find an open guy somewhere.  They didn't run against light boxes like they should have (remember buffalo game week 6?  I don't why KC didn't think that was a good idea in the SB, but it was in week 6.)  They didn't change the plan at all when it wasn't working...arrogant.  Part of that arrogance is that KC has played with a bad line the whole time Mahomes has been the QB...They've played with the backups to bad linemen and won...they thought that finaly, down to all backups...they'd still be able to do play same game.  They couldn't.  Poor planning.  

Some people will say this is the blueprint....IT WAS ALWAYS the blueprint...this was't the first time a team dropped 7 and rushed 4 and had success VS KC...KC still was more competive those other games....because they were always fielding at least a couple O line starters...

someone else mentioned that I HAVE SAID on here, the way to beat KC is a steady diet of TE and RB throwing.  The Raiders do it to us all the the time...we only win because we are ablet to outscore them...I said before the AFCCG...Buffalo....really great team....but HORRIBLE matchup for what KC does on D.....even Tampa didn't realy have much success going to the WR's....but they also didn't realy need to as we were are normal, awful selves covering their TE and RB.  The Chiefs D...wasn't even that bad...normally, KC's offense is able to stay in a game like that.  The problem was the offense.....too arrogant to take what was given...and they were giving KC run looks and short stuff....should have taken it.  

I'm not going to blame the officials...KC wins games with 10 penalties for 100 yards all the time.  

Personally, I had an arogant view of all this myself.....Mahomes has masked holes and won until this SB...I thought he could do it again.  HE could not. 

You all are thinking I am/was Jeffismagic. I am not.  Unless you think Jeffismagic has spent 3 years also posting on a Denver Broncos board with the same avatar and propping up Josh Allen, and writing a TON....of posts over there about the Chiefs and Broncos....that would a whole lot of effort....I'm not that guy.  

Mahomes has opperated behind average/bad lines his whole career...the one he was hehind sunday was the worst group he's ever been behind in that it was missing both starting tackles...the best two parts.  

I joined to watch how the trade would work and how Allen would work out.  I didn't think Allen would work out at all.  I changed my mind as I watched him develop and do things I didn't think he would ever do.  I have written several posts here defending teh Bills sid of "the trade"  While I have always been a Mahomes fan and happy to talk about him....I have been very complimentary of Allen all season....even moreso than some Bills fans here....he's elite.  He is a franchise QB...you should be glad to have him...and you shouldn't want to trade him....not even for Mahomes...he's your guy...and you can win with him...it's early, you just made the AFCCG with a young franchise guy....there is a very very bright future ahead.....and I've been saying all year how I've been looking forward to these guys going at it for the next decade...

Since coming here and watching Allen...the Bills are my second favorite team.  I love to watch Allen play...he's awesome.  Allen and this community won me over. 

....so yes....I came here with intentions of douchebaggery.....I'd like to think if you looked at my posts from year one to now...you'd notice a difference.

I'll be around.....anyone care to go search for my bad takes....I'll own it.  Otherwise...looking forward to popping in every now and then to talk FA, draft, etc....and can't wait to see KC/Bills at Arrowhead next regular season...maybe another AFCCG will be in the works at some point between our teams.  

I thought KC was going to blow Tampa out.  I never imagined KC offense could be so ineffective.  I really wonder if the Britt Reid stuff shook the HC because Andy Reid had no answers.  The defense unraveled due to offensive and Special Teams ineptitude.  It was a complete undoing.  Looked a lot like role reversal from the AFCCG except Bills special teams didn't ***** the bed.  

32 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

To be fair to KC's coaches and game planning...they may have felt with the line all shifted around (3 OL in new positions) that they couldn't run block in a cohesive way.  Like the Bills vs the Ravens - Bills didn't run because Daboll looked at their game film and said "hmmm, if they can handle the Tenn line and shut down Henry, like that, Pass".

Maybe the KC OL was trying to run block and failing during practice, who knows.  But, they had alternatives that they took in week 6 (short routes, checkdowns) that they could have used to grind it out and for whatever reason they didn't.

I dunno about the OL starters, but it's a point that not every team can get pressure on Mahomes with 4, because he's so mobile.

Same thing with the way the Bills and later Tennessee and the Bills in the Division round held the Ravens in check; it's one thing to say you're pretty confident you can contain Lamar Jackson; it's another thing to actually be able to do it.

For the rest of the folks here: I think it is unlikely that ZeroVoltz and JeffisMagic are the same guy.  FWIW.

27 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I really appreciate this perspective on the ways to beat the Chiefs offensively and defensively. 

They both seem to be right on the money. I noticed that the Bucs' receivers barely did much in the Super Bowl. It was all RBs/TEs....exactly the two things the Bills did not have, hence their woeful offensive output in the AFCCG.

I think most Bills fans would agree that from here on out, our team should be built with beating the Chiefs being the main objective. As such, improving our defensive line, finding a stud TE (I like Knox, but we need another horse there), and fixing our running game are the top priorities this offseason.

I have given you a hard time plenty on this forum. I'll say this: You at least always maintain a consistent and even keel. You also come back again and again, no matter what anyone (including myself) says. Thanks for your consistency and honesty, even if I haven't always been thrilled with the content you posted (like when you predicted the losing season for Buffalo and 16-0 for the Chiefs, for instance).

Hopefully we'll see your boys in the AFFCG again next January.

p.s. What are your offseason wishlist items for the Chiefs? 

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I thought KC was going to blow Tampa out.  I never imagined KC offense could be so ineffective.  I really wonder if the Britt Reid stuff shook the HC because Andy Reid had no answers.  The defense unraveled due to offensive and Special Teams ineptitude.  It was a complete undoing.  Looked a lot like role reversal from the AFCCG except Bills special teams didn't ***** the bed.  

For the first week, I thought KC would blow TB out. But after the covid barber episode, the growing realization that their backup tackles were bad, and the ultimate distrsction of Reid’s son, I assumed TB would win. Those big pre-SB distractions seem to never fail to undermine the team that suffers from them.

35 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Fair enough; I’ll take your word for it. Bear in mind that it was said in defense of you (I thought Jeffismagic turned out to be a very prescient poster!). But as you’ll recall, there was a lot of discussion about this at the time. Regardless, you offer insight, and you should continue to post here.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

p.s. What are your offseason wishlist items for the Chiefs? 

Even though the core will be back in 2021, there are going to be alot of new faces on the team.  

Some guys who won't be back.  Watkins, Robinson, Bell, Breeland, ....and probably Mitchell Schwartz....I think his back is worse than everyone thinks...and he'll reitre.  Fisher is going to miss at least part of the season...he's not cheap for a guy that isn't going to play much of the year....

Clearly, whatever KC does all offseaon...pritority 1,2 and 3 are O line.  I know it's a bills board but you asked...

Here is the thing about KC the last few years....we play EXPLOSIVE offense...we do not play efficient offense.  I don't think that's really all by design....I think they know that having the line they've had, limits the efficiency.....follow me for a second...when you can't get a push in situations where you need to have the threat to run....short yardage, and inside the 20....you are limited.  Defenses don't have to commit to the box when you can't get a push or aren't a threat to run...it's not been that big a problem becasue KC makes more than enough big plays to overcome it...but it's gotten worse.  I don't know or care, how they do it...but the line has to be upgraded.

I haven't spent any real time on it...but KC did draft Lucas Niang in the 3rd last year.  He has a chronci hip progblem and he opted out for Covid this year....he might be a guy that is injured alot and/or isn't a "football player" ...but he has round 1 talent for an OT...fell to 3rd for reasons I jsut stated...NEED....badly NEED that guy to have a best case scenario where he IS a 1st round talent, who isn't plauged by injuries and takes football seriously.  Some have suggested signing Kelces brother from philly to be Center...I'm all for it...he can't be worse than what we've had.  KC has simply not committed resources to O line in a very long time and it shows....they need upgrades all teh way through.  If nothing else gets done this offseason....and they address jsut the line..the rest will be adequate enough....gotta keep mahomes upright and develope some ability to run when you need to be able to run.  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Here is the thing about KC the last few years....we play EXPLOSIVE offense...we do not play efficient offense.  I don't think that's really all by design....I think they know that having the line they've had, limits the efficiency.....follow me for a second...when you can't get a push in situations where you need to have the threat to run....short yardage, and inside the 20....you are limited.  Defenses don't have to commit to the box when you can't get a push or aren't a threat to run...it's not been that big a problem becasue KC makes more than enough big plays to overcome it...but it's gotten worse.  

I get it. You also just described the 2020 Bills offense.

We, too, need to increase our efficiency in the run game and improve our offensive line come hell or high water.

One more thing...as a Chiefs fan, why do you think no one has hired Bienemy?

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I get it. You also just described the 2020 Bills offense.

We, too, need to increase our efficiency in the run game and improve our offensive line come hell or high water.

One more thing...as a Chiefs fan, why do you think no one has hired Bienemy?

He is percieved as having little to do with the offense.  (not entirely true, but he doesn't call plays on gameday)  He does have a very checkered past.  

on the one hand Pederson and Nagy got jobs having been the OC for Ried and also not calling plays.  Niether has the checkered past.  

Rumors around the leauge say the guy just doesn't interview well.  I think he'd do well on a team with a QB ready to go....so if he had gotten the Chargers or Texans job (with Watson staying) he'd do well enough...he'd put a good staff around him I am sure.  This SB didn't help his cause.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/8/2021 at 10:07 AM, NewEra said:

Idk man.  it was one game in which the chiefs OL was completely dominated for 4 quarters and Mahomes was running for his life, with a broken toe.  My personal opinion of Mahomes won’t change because of one game.  He showed that he’s not immune to a great D and game plan + poor OL play and dropped passes.  

I don’t get the point of allen doing more with less.  When did he do more with less?  Did you see the KC OL?  Literally 4 backup OL who were shifted around playing positions they normally don’t play.....vs Barrett, JPP, Vea, Suh, David and white.  Did we see Allen play with 4 backup OL?  Yes, Mahomes has better weapons, but our weapons are pretty dam good too.

what is the point of this?  Is allen better than Mahomes?  What does one bad Mahomes mean?  

Mahomes is the better QB at the moment. There is no debate.  What is so wrong with admitting this?  I was called Nick Wright yesterday......and I’ve stated several times I wouldn’t trade Allen for Mahomes.  Am I being sensitive?  Idk, maybe.  I feel that this board is ultra sensitive with posters stating the obvious truth at this stage in their careers.  Mahomes >>> Allen.   If there was a poll that excluded bills fans from voting  I’m confident that it would be around 99% in favor of Mahomes being the better qb. 

so what’s the problem?

There is a poll like that. Allen beat Mahomes in the MVP voting. 

I doubt anyone who voted for MVP even considered strength of schedule, but Allen had the 5th toughest schedule while Rodgers had the easiest and Mahomes had the 12th easiest. Allen also accounted for the highest percentage of yards and points for his team than any QB in the league.

If you swapped the Bills' and Chiefs' tight end and running game, Mahomes wouldn't have even been in the same tier as Allen this year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MPT said:

There is a poll like that. Allen beat Mahomes in the MVP voting. 

I doubt anyone who voted for MVP even considered strength of schedule, but Allen had the 5th toughest schedule while Rodgers had the easiest and Mahomes had the 12th easiest. Allen also accounted for the highest percentage of yards and points for his team than any QB in the league.

If you swapped the Bills' and Chiefs' tight end and running game, Mahomes wouldn't have even been in the same tier as Allen this year.

Please stop playing make believe.  

What is your point?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I think most Bills fans would agree that from here on out, our team should be built with beating the Chiefs being the main objective. As such, improving our defensive line, finding a stud TE (I like Knox, but we need another horse there), and fixing our running game are the top priorities this offseason.

I do not agree with the bolded, although I do agree with what follows. 

The NFL is so incredibly variable, with possible permutations for the outcomes of each season, for each week, each game, each play, each practice, player, coach, ref, etc., in a kind of fractalized infinite regress of variables. So to maximize the potential for consistent and sustained success, it's best not to focus on countering a specific opponent in the short term who will inevitably change profoundly over a long enough timeline, and possibly could be very different next season. It's better to simply improve in whatever specific, achievable ways are possible each day, each week, each season, etc. Continue to strive to become the best version of the Buffalo Bills, all the time. 

Now, the obstinate outlier in all this variance is, of course, the franchise QB. They tend to transcend. They tend to sustain. To carry over. So there is room for some tailoring of the process to account for what's likely to be a long term, consistent barrier: Patrick Mahomes. The Chiefs overall will change considerably in both the short and long term. That opponent is not a static entity. But I'll admit it's likely that Mahomes and his talents, traits, tendencies, etc. will stick around.

One never knows, though, now does one now does one now does one. (Shoutout to my favorite author, DFW.)

• Like (+1) 1