Thoughts and prayers for Zerovoltz here

Aussie Joe

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Pat Mahomes won an MVP, the super bowl and Super Bowl MVP (by leading his team to 21 straight points after being down by 10 with 7 minutes left in the game.  He is the best player in the NFL according to 99% of the league. The other 1% = some Packers and Bills fans + “some other guys that florio and Simms had talked to that are wondering if allen has caught Mahomes.”  But none of those people will put their names on allen being as good as Mahomes. They wonder.  

My apologies for calling @Stank_Nasty an unabashed homer.  I just don’t understand how anyone can say that Allen is as good as Mahomes before he’s accomplished anything.  Our boy had an amazing season. I wouldn’t trade Allen for Mahomes.  He’s the perfect qb for our team and our city.  I just need to see more from him to be on the same level as Mahomes because I’ve seen Mahomes accomplish things that Josh hasn’t accomplished yet.  2021 could be the year.  He’s going have have 1 maybe 2 shots at it again.  He had two shots this season and didn’t even hit the target.  Hopefully that gets Josh more upset than you are after reading it.  

Sorry that I speak my mind (just as everyone on the site does).   I love our boy and can see him becoming the best QB in the league.  I don’t think he’s there yet and I won’t let my emotions get in the way.  I pound the table vs all of my non bills fans that 17 is an elite qb and has a greater upside than Mahomes (which I 💯 believe). He has the mental and physical tools/gifts  to be the best QB ever (although he will probably never eclipse Brady and his SB titles).  I just refuse to say that he’s as good as Mahomes until he accomplishes more than finishing 2nd in the mvp voting and making 1 AFCCG.  I believe that he will win at least one SB for us and earn the nations praise and respect in the way Mahomes has already earned it.  Josh just hasn’t earned it yet.  Most fans in the world would agree with me.  

You don't have to believe that Allen is as good as Mahomes is right now.  Nobody is trying to convince you of that...and no offense, I don't think that anybody really cares about your opinion.

JMO, I think your taking shots at people who think that Allen may be as good as Mahomes is right now is frankly, a little weird.  A handful of NFL MVP Voters (but hey, what would they know?) felt that way.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Nah. You didnt call me a homer. You just accused me of flat out lying.... which i wasnt.

And i think you're speaking about people in general here. But i can only say for myself(AGAIN), that i dont think Allen is quite as good as Mahomes yet. But i also think the gap is small and i would argue that Allen had a better regular season than Mahomes.... The problem is the minute somebody has the audacity to say that, and actually quote hard stats that support an argument, "Chiefs Kingdom" and all their cronies flat out lose their minds like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

I feel that my Mahomes by a billion comment really got to you and others.  In my head, I was thinking Mahomes is better than allen.....and a billion people would agree.  I was thinking that Mahomes has already accomplished what QBs have to accomplish in order to “be in the conversation”.  He did it in his second year.

Mahomes is the best QB in the league imo.  Rodgers is #2.  Josh is up there with Watson and RW.....a tier below Mahomes and Rodgers.....so far.  He hasn’t yet earned being in the conversation with Mahomes based on one great season.  

Sorry, but I don’t consider “hard stats” from one season as evidence of whether a QB is better (or equal to another)

I’m sorry that I misinterpreted your comment and called you a liar.  I interpreted your comment as Mahomes having 3-4 games at the end of the season in which he had a passer rating under 90....when in fact he only had one.  While you were saying that his average rating over 3-4 games was under 90, in which you were correct.  My bad and I apologize for saying that you were making stuff up.

12 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

You don't have to believe that Allen is as good as Mahomes is right now.  Nobody is trying to convince you of that...and no offense, I don't think that anybody really cares about your opinion.

JMO, I think your taking shots at people who think that Allen may be as good as Mahomes is right now is frankly, a little weird.  A handful of NFL MVP Voters (but hey, what would they know?) felt that way.

Yes, I’m taking shots at those that are putting Josh on a pedestal when he hasn’t earned it yet.  I’m taking shots at people that are butt hurt about people putting Mahomes on a pedestal.....when Mahomes has earned his spot on the pedestal.  When Josh earns his spot, I’ll be among the first to anoint him.  So many people get butt hurt about the media and social media propping up Mahomes.  Why so mad?  Why not just be happy that our QB is ascending?  Why not just be happy our team made the AFCCG?  I see so much bitterness about another great QB and I just don’t understand why.  I’m not bitter about it.  Why are you?

One seasons Mvp voting is not the same thing as voting for who you think is the better QB. You’re comparing apples to oranges here. 

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I feel that my Mahomes by a billion comment really got to you and others.  In my head, I was thinking Mahomes is better than allen.....and a billion people would agree.  I was thinking that Mahomes has already accomplished what QBs have to accomplish in order to “be in the conversation”.  He did it in his second year.

Mahomes is the best QB in the league imo.  Rodgers is #2.  Josh is up there with Watson and RW.....a tier below Mahomes and Rodgers.....so far.  He hasn’t yet earned being in the conversation with Mahomes based on one great season.  

Sorry, but I don’t consider “hard stats” from one season as evidence of whether a QB is better (or equal to another)

I’m sorry that I misinterpreted your comment and called you a liar.  I interpreted your comment as Mahomes having 3-4 games at the end of the season in which he had a passer rating under 90....when in fact he only had one.  While you were saying that his average rating over 3-4 games was under 90, in which you were correct.  My bad and I apologize for saying that you were making stuff up.

twisting my words again. I didnt say the stats said Allen was a better qb overall. I said the stats show that it can be argued Allen was better THIS year. And thats not an unreasonable take. One could argue Allen was a better qb than Mahomes this last regular season. Anytime somebody brings that up, people like to try and bend that into  "He's saying Allen is a better qb". Thats the issue here. I know, for me personally, thats not what i'm saying.

... and thanks for the apology.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes, I’m taking shots at those that are putting Josh on a pedestal when he hasn’t earned it yet.  I’m taking shots at people that are butt hurt about people putting Mahomes on a pedestal.....when Mahomes has earned his spot on the pedestal.  When Josh earns his spot, I’ll be among the first to anoint him.  So many people get butt hurt about the media and social media propping up Mahomes.  Why so mad?  Why not just be happy that our QB is ascending?  Why not just be happy our team made the AFCCG?  I see so much bitterness about another great QB and I just don’t understand why.  I’m not bitter about it.  Why are you?

One seasons Mvp voting is not the same thing as voting for who you think is the better QB. You’re comparing apples to oranges here. 

Is it too much to ask for them to be even in their analysis? If you cant see the double standard between the qb's after they both played similar games over the last 2 weeks then you are just tossing your blinders up.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

twisting my words again. I didnt say the stats said Allen was a better qb overall. I said the stats show that it can be argued Allen was better THIS year. And thats not an unreasonable take. One could argue Allen was a better qb than Mahomes this last regular season. Anytime somebody brings that up, people like to try and bend that into  "He's saying Allen is a better qb". Thats the issue here. I know, for me personally, thats not what i'm saying.

... and thanks for the apology.

Is it too much to ask for them to be even in their analysis? If you cant see the double standard between the qb's after they both played similar games over the last 2 weeks then you are just tossing your blinders up.

maybe I didn’t state my point properly.  I didn’t mean to say that you said allen was a better qb......I’m saying, in general, I don’t consider stats from one season as evidence when considering who’s better or even in the same tier.  My comment wasn’t specifically  about allen vs Mahomes.   It was about one year of stats doesn’t mean anything to me.

Regarding Mahomes and Allens last 2 games played.....they both played poorly due to bad OL/Schemes/an over powering pass rush.  I didn’t kill allen for his performance and I don’t expect anyone to kill Mahomes for his. Neither QB stood much of a chance imo.  You were saying that Allens bad game was better than Mahomes’ bad game and I don’t think that that was a fair assessment and said as much.  I didn’t see any mention of 2 passes that hit his WRs in the helmet, in the end zone.  While allen was under a tremendous about of pressure, I thought that Mahomes was under more pressure.  Even with that said, I wouldn’t say Mahomes’ bad performance was better than Josh’s.  They both lost, season over.  Time to move on.

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

maybe I didn’t state my point properly.  I didn’t mean to say that you said allen was a better qb......I’m saying, in general, I don’t consider stats from one season as evidence when considering who’s better or even in the same tier.  My comment wasn’t specifically  about allen vs Mahomes.   It was about one year of stats doesn’t mean anything to me.

Regarding Mahomes and Allens last 2 games played.....they both played poorly due to bad OL/Schemes/an over powering pass rush.  I didn’t kill allen for his performance and I don’t expect anyone to kill Mahomes for his. Neither QB stood much of a chance imo.  You were saying that Allens bad game was better than Mahomes’ bad game and I don’t think that that was a fair assessment and said as much.  I didn’t see any mention of 2 passes that hit his WRs in the helmet, in the end zone.  While allen was under a tremendous about of pressure, I thought that Mahomes was under more pressure.  Even with that said, I wouldn’t say Mahomes’ bad performance was better than Josh’s.  They both lost, season over.  Time to move on.

Never said that. I saw somebody saying it but it wasnt me.... Neither was good. One is getting coddled over it in main stream while the other isnt. Thats my issue. Its not some earth shattering thing. But i just think people that get paid to talk about the sport should be consistent.

and as for you "one year doesnt mean anything" statement. I would hope thats not the case. good lord. This year said a whoolllleeee lot about the qb we have and what we have to look forward to. He very firmly elevated himself with this one single year... We need to see it more than just this season, but this season spoke volumes IMO.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Never said that. I saw somebody saying it but it wasnt me.... Neither was good. One is getting coddled over it in main stream while the other isnt. Thats my issue. Its not some earth shattering thing. But i just think people that get paid to talk about the sport should be consistent.

and as for you "one year doesnt mean anything" statement. I would hope thats not the case. good lord. This year said a whoolllleeee lot about the qb we have and what we have to look forward to. He very firmly elevated himself with this one single year... We need to see it more than just this season, but this season spoke volumes IMO.

And that’s where we differ. I have an issue with you having an issue.  Pat Mahomes is the best player in football according to the world. He had a bad game.  You have an issue with Josh Allen, who’s never accomplished anything other than having a one good season, not getting the same treatment.  He doesn’t deserve the same treatment. He’s not the best player in the league.  Pat is.  That’s why he gets that treatment.  

I’m not one to put all of my eggs in one basket based on one season. I don’t think anyone should. This year said a lot.  Last year said a lot about Lamar Jackson.  It said that he’s a helluva player.  This one season did absolutely say a LOT about Josh Allen.  It said, he’s one helluva qb and that his/our future is bright and we should be excited.  This one season doesn’t put him in the conversation with Pat Mahomes as being the best QB in the league.    The guy that has earned his spot at the podium and the worlds coddling. 

17 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Coddled, funny you should mention that.  Apparently both Mahomes' fiancee' and his mother were attacking ESPN Sportcenter on Twitter.

Why?  Calling him out for poor play?  Saying he "melted down" or "lost composure"?  Mocking him out?  Inappropriate slurs?  Must be horrid....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-super-bowl-patrick-mahomes-mom-calls-out-refs-on-twitter-tags-tom-bradys-wife-gisele-in-tweet/

https://nypost.com/2021/02/08/brittany-matthews-knocks-espn-over-patrick-mahomes-tweets/

No.  Sportscenter shared pictures taken during the game, in which he looks dejected

Mahomes girl and his mommy are attacking big bad mean Sportscenter for posting unflattering photos of their boy. :doh:  Apparently unflattering photos of a dejected-looking Mahomes are off-bounds.

The Mahomes ladies also say he took it all on himself, but in his postgame presser he did call out the OL and WR.  Simms and Florio commented: they were a bit taken aback by it.

🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And that’s where we differ. I have an issue with you having an issue.  Pat Mahomes is the best player in football according to the world. He had a bad game.  You have an issue with Josh Allen, who’s never accomplished anything other than having a one good season, not getting the same treatment.  He doesn’t deserve the same treatment. He’s not the best player in the league.  Pat is.  That’s why he gets that treatment.  

I’m not one to put all of my eggs in one basket based on one season. I don’t think anyone should. This year said a lot.  Last year said a lot about Lamar Jackson.  It said that he’s a helluva player.  This one season did absolutely say a LOT about Josh Allen.  It said, he’s one helluva qb and that his/our future is bright and we should be excited.  This one season doesn’t put him in the conversation with Pat Mahomes as being the best QB in the league.    The guy that has earned his spot at the podium and the worlds coddling. 

Its definitely where we differ. How in gods name does anything that happened in the past make you analyze how they played a bad game any different thats ABSURD... neither deserve the coddling and neither deserve to thrown under the bus. Both had a bad game. Both should be analyzed as such. 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Coddled, funny you should mention that.  Apparently both Mahomes' fiancee' and his mother were attacking ESPN Sportcenter on Twitter.

Why?  Calling him out for poor play?  Saying he "melted down" or "lost composure"?  Mocking him out?  Inappropriate slurs?  Must be horrid....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-super-bowl-patrick-mahomes-mom-calls-out-refs-on-twitter-tags-tom-bradys-wife-gisele-in-tweet/

https://nypost.com/2021/02/08/brittany-matthews-knocks-espn-over-patrick-mahomes-tweets/

No.  Sportscenter shared pictures taken during the game, in which he looks dejected

Mahomes girl and his mommy are attacking big bad mean Sportscenter for posting unflattering photos of their boy. :doh:  Apparently unflattering photos of a dejected-looking Mahomes are off-bounds.

The Mahomes ladies also say he took it all on himself, but in his postgame presser he did call out the OL and WR.  Simms and Florio commented: they were a bit taken aback by it.

🤷‍♂️

Sort of like if anyone dare mention that Allen MIGHT have had a better statistical season than Mahomes... Chiefs fans and basically everyone else on the planet have some sort of nuclear meltdown that anyone have the audacity to even hint that there was another qb even close to his level during the regular season. 

.... its funny because we bills fans, as a whole, have always been accused of being overly sensitive(and we deserve it), but i dont think i've seen a more triggered/sensitive group of people than Mahomes fans if you mention anybody even came close to his level of play. Straight up toddler temper tantrums over it.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

🤷‍♂️

Good thing the Rat’s ladies don’t read my comments on this board. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Its definitely where we differ. How in gods name does anything that happened in the past make you analyze how they played a bad game any different thats ABSURD... neither deserve the coddling and neither deserve to thrown under the bus. Both had a bad game. Both should be analyzed as such. 

Because one has shown that he can rise to occasion on the biggest of stages.....and one hasn’t even been able to lead his team TO the biggest of stages.  One has had ONE real bad game in his entire career while the other has had many.  

You asked.  I gave you the answer.  

Continue get pissed because our QB doesn’t get the same treatment in the media as a QB that has earned the special treatment in the media.  I’ll do my best to refrain from giving my opinion on you and others that cry “it’s not fair” anymore.  

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Because one has shown that he can rise to occasion on the biggest of stages.....and one hasn’t even been able to lead his team TO the biggest of stages.  One has had ONE real bad game in his entire career while the other has had many.  

Continue get pissed because our QB doesn’t get the same treatment in the media as a QB that has earned the special treatment in the media.  I’ll do my best to refrain from giving my opinion on you and others that cry “it’s not fair” anymore.  

A bad game is a bad game. i love how you can somehow judge me on my even keeled take on the desire that qb's be called out for bad or good play regardless on their past. i'm being so unreasonable right??? ......bro you need to drop the judgy know it all act. its just not very becoming.... good talk. have a nice day.... good call on not giving opinions on one another. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don't know about anyone else, but it's this kind of exaggeration about Mahomes that has me rolling my eyeballs until I look like a "toon".

Mahomes was drafted onto a very good team that was posting winning records and seeing playoffs most years before he arrived.  So there was talent enough on the team to win without him carrying them.  He is undoubtedly a great player and has elevated that very good team to great.

One real bad game in his entire career though?  C'mon man.  Yes, Mahomes has had other bad games, games where he threw multiple picks and no TDs and/or low completion percentage and not many passing yards and took nearly 40 yds of sacks and maybe KC won, maybe it lost but it wasn't on what Mahomes did.

He's a great player, again, but let's not say stupid stuff that's just inaccurate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know about anyone else, but it's this kind of exaggeration about Mahomes that has me rolling my eyeballs until I look like a "toon".

Mahomes was drafted onto a very good team that was posting winning records and seeing playoffs most years before he arrived.  So there was talent enough on the team to win without him carrying them.  He is undoubtedly a great player and has elevated that very good team to great.

One real bad game in his entire career though?  C'mon man.  Yes, Mahomes has had other bad games, games where he threw multiple picks and no TDs and/or low completion percentage and not many passing yards and took nearly 40 yds of sacks and maybe KC won, maybe it lost but it wasn't on what Mahomes did.

He's a great player, again, but let's not say stupid stuff that's just inaccurate.

I said he’s had 1 “real bad game”.....that may be stupid and inaccurate based on how YOU would determine what a REAL BAD GAME is.  Not me.  There’s a reason I included the term “real bad”.  I used it because it’s worse than a bad game.  Please don’t act like the word isn’t there and there is no difference between the two terms.  

the 6th game of starting career vs Jacksonville, a game where the chiefs won 30-14.  He went 22-38 358 0 TDs 2 ints. 4 rushes 13 yards 1 TD.  That was the worst qb rating he’s had at 62.7 (other than the SB).  Is that a “real bad game”?  Or is that a real bad game for Patrick Mahomes.  It’s certainly not a good game.  Bad....maybe.  I wouldn’t consider it a real bad game.

year two, he had 1 game under 80 passer rating- 72 passer rating.  @ chargers a 24-17 KC win.  19-32 192 1td 1 int. 5 rushes for 59 yards.  Real bad game?  

This year.....other than the super bowl, he had one game with a rating under 80....his rating that game was 79.5 and they won 17-14.  22-44 278 2td 1 int. 3 rushes 21 yards.  again.....is that a REAL BAD GAME? For Pat Mahomes.....maybe it is.  It’s the 4th worst game of his career.

If you think those games were real bad..... than you’re holding Pat Mahomes to a higher standard.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MahoPa00/gamelog/

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

A bad game is a bad game. i love how you can somehow judge me on my even keeled take on the desire that qb's be called out for bad or good play regardless on their past. i'm being so unreasonable right??? ......bro you need to drop the judgy know it all act. its just not very becoming.... good talk. have a nice day.... good call on not giving opinions on one another. 

Good talk, have a nice day.....concluded with a pot shot last word, just like the rest of your comments.  Not very becoming.  

• Eyeroll 1

On 2/8/2021 at 8:39 AM, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

@Zerovoltzis a pretty respectable troll on the Bills forum and was one of the few who actually saw the talent in Josh Allen.  That said, he, like other arrogant Chef's fan, was served up a hot dish of humble pie this week (just as we were two weeks ago).

Yeah.....I'm here today to have my crow with Buffalo sauce.....been over at the Denver board eating Denver Omlet Crow........this sucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Yeah.....I'm here today to have my crow with Buffalo sauce.....been over at the Denver board eating Denver Omlet Crow........this sucks.

Hey.. there has been some discussion in this thread that you used to be a Bills fan before the Mahomes draft .. is that really the case?

I was sure you said you have been a Chiefs fan for quite  a while on Chiefs Planet...

Edited by Aussie Joe

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

🤷‍♂️

But the poor widdle baby had a huwt toe. Just ask Tony Romo. 

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

But the poor widdle baby had a huwt toe. Just ask Tony Romo. 

Ugh. I’m normally a fan of Romo, but at the end of the game when he said Brady has “always done things the RIGHT WAY”...I nearly sprained my eyeballs rolling them so hard. Like...are we just gonna pretend that he DIDN’T get suspended for cheating and ISN’T a poor sport who often leaves the field without shaking hands with the other team when he loses? 🙄