Thoughts and prayers for Zerovoltz here

Aussie Joe

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

This is false. He was on the forum before the 2017 draft (as a Bills fan) and pushing hard every day on his argument that the Bills needed to draft Mahomes. He switched to the Chiefs because he’s a Mahomes fan, but he still likes the Bills.

Not a Bills fan if you leave because another team drafts a shiny new toy. He may have been a member, but wasn’t really a fan...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Mahomes doesn't have wife! Just an 8 year girlfriend who is 8+ months pregnant and should be married.  But, if you hear her speak there may be a reason Patrick isn't putting a ring on her finger!!!

They got engaged last year.  She's his fiancee', and I suspect she has a ring.  At a guess, they aren't married because a lot of people delayed planning a big wedding this year.

14 hours ago, Success said:

Last night was a bit of humble pie for all of them.  And I didn't really mind seeing Brady hoist another as much as I thought.  6, 7 - what's the difference.

That was my exact line of thinking and why I was pulling for the Bucs. Brady wins and he remains the GOAT. Nothing changes. 

Mahomes wins and we have to suffer through crap about how Mahomes is going to be the new GOAT now after just suffering through 20 years of Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think this year on the whole they played at an equal level. It depends how much you weigh the period of time that Allen played with a shoulder harness. Mahomes gets the edge right now because he has done it for multiple seasons and has looked better in the playoffs throughout his career. But the gap is not what you make it out to be. Mahomes has two elite pass catchers and much better depth at receiver than Allen does. He also has a competent running game. Allen has Diggs, a good slot receiver, and medium to low tier talent otherwise, with a bottom tier run game. The talent gap for their respective supporting casts is substantially larger than the talent gap between the QBs IMO.

Happy, your last sentence is perfect. I've been trying to get that point across to NewEra and he just keeps coming back with Mahomes >>>>Allen nonsense. 

I'd sign on to Mahomes career achievements >>>> Allen's. But the QB's entering the 2021 season? That gap is very small.

16 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

He has the same Avatar on the Broncos forum as well and he has defended or propped up Allen on their site as well.

Only recently. He used to talk trash about Josh Allen. He was firmly in the "I don't think you can develop accuracy and Allen won't improve" crowd, but always left himself an out by saying something like "but maybe I'm wrong and he will progress".

He also predicted that the Chiefs would go undefeated and the Bills would only win like 6 games a couple seasons ago. The Bills won 10 games and the Chiefs lost 4 games, although they did go on to win the Superbowl. His reason for doubting the Bills was his lack of belief in Allen.

He only came around to Allen slightly faster than most non-Bills fans.

10 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Probably won't see zerovolts to get his perspective til maybe a couple more days. Speaking for myself, after the frustrating Bills loss I didn't want to be bothered for a day or 2. Was the way Bills lost though that I was most frustrated with.

Anyways, Chiefs lost in a rough way also, worse than Bills. So he may be letting it sink in for a bit.

Yep. Has to be one of the most lopsided Superbowls in a long time. Similar to that Broncos Peyton Manning Superbowl a few years back when they had like the best offense in NFL history and got shellacked in the Superbowl.

• Agree 1

I read that poor little Mahomee  ran for his life......... 498 yds total before throwing or being sacked.

Maybe if he had ran 1/2 that total the right way(past the LOS) they might have won ;)

This total only exceeded the 495 yards he accumulated  running the wrong way for his life against the Raiders in the loss ;)  

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I wouldn't totally discount the "loser's limp" aspect........... but he did have to run 497 yards against Tampa per next gen stats. :lol:

He barely had to move off his spot against Buffalo, unfortunately.

When I read that online yesterday at work I laughed.....it beat his previous best/worst against the Raiders by 3 yards ;)

Edited by JMF2006
I posted my first post before I read Badols quote

43 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I read that poor little Mahomee  ran for his life......... 498 yds total before throwing or being sacked.

Maybe if he had ran 1/2 that total the right way(past the LOS) they might have won ;)

This total only exceeded the 495 yards he accumulated  running the wrong way for his life against the Raiders in the loss ;)  

When I read that online yesterday at work I laughed.....it beat his previous best/worst against the Raiders by 3 yards ;)

This morning on NFL radio i finally, FINALLY, heard somebody going in on Mahomes for doing this. Solomon Wilcotts was on his morning show saying you just cannot keep running around and going backwards like that. That it just sets you up for failure most of the time.

.... meanwhile our guy has just one or 2 plays in a game that look similar and the freaking mob comes out to get him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This morning on NFL radio i finally, FINALLY, heard somebody going in on Mahomes for doing this. Solomon Wilcotts was on his morning show saying you just cannot keep running around and going backwards like that. That it just sets you up for failure most of the time.

.... meanwhile our guy has just one or 2 plays in a game that look similar and the freaking mob comes out to get him.

The narrative is going to be that way because Mahomes is the new media darling who has already had some success, has all of the commercials, and just signed that half a billi contract. They weren't on TV talking about how he needed to get the ball out quicker like they do with Josh. They weren't talking about him playing "hero ball" like they would with Josh. They weren't talking about how the passes into coverage are dangerous or unnecessary like they would with Josh. No. It was the line isn't doing their job, the toe is hindering him majorly, Mahomes is doing everything he can to carry this team or make something happen, blah, blah, blah. It will be this way until Allen gets a ring. Even then it will probably continue on because that's what they (the media) do. 

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

The narrative is going to be that way because Mahomes is the new media darling who has already had some success, has all of the commercials, and just signed that half a billi contract. They weren't on TV talking about how he needed to get the ball out quicker like they do with Josh. They weren't talking about him playing "hero ball" like they would with Josh. They weren't talking about how the passes into coverage are dangerous or unnecessary like they would with Josh. No. It was the line isn't doing their job, the toe is hindering him majorly, Mahomes is doing everything he can to carry this team or make something happen, blah, blah, blah. It will be this way until Allen gets a ring. Even then it will probably continue on because that's what they (the media) do. 

right. i understand all of this and i totally acknowledge mahomes has proven so much more..... but its STILL ridiculous. a lot of these people are former players and executives or just people that have covered the game for years. they get paid to do it. its sucks that its so predictable and we cant expect better. 

"poor patty mahomes did all he could. cant blame him for trying to make something happen. he was all they had.... you say josh allen dealt with the same thing 2 weeks ago? oh, he is who we thought he was. told ya so."

i saw bart scott(i know he's a meathead) after the Chiefs game talking about how Allen was never more than a 2nd tier qb and that game proved it. I'd wager his tune is a little different this week regarding the new golden boy

Edited by Stank_Nasty

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Never have I heard more gushing about an incomplete pass in a blowout. 

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. i understand all of this and i totally acknowledge mahomes has proven so much more..... but its STILL ridiculous. a lot of these people are former players and executives or just people that have covered the game for years. they get paid to do it. its sucks that its so predictable and we cant expect better. 

"poor patty mahomes did all he could. cant blame him for trying to make something happen. he was all they had.... you say josh allen dealt with the same thing 2 weeks ago? oh, he is who we thought he was. told ya so."

i saw bart scott(i know he's a meathead) after the Chiefs game talking about how Allen was never more than a 2nd tier qb and that game proved it. I'd wager his tune is a little different this week regarding the new golden boy

All of those guys are idiots and they will ride their narratives like a ship headed for the bottom of the Atlantic. It's in the same respect as to how they, ALL OF THEM, were tearing up over legit penalties being called on the Chiefs. Those were the same exact penalties which they were committing against the Bills without ANY of them being called. No one was making much about that when we were getting shafted by the zebras, were they? I've come to expect it and just laugh. The double standards are clearly evident for people with half a brain to recognize it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, H2o said:

All of those guys are idiots and they will ride their narratives like a ship headed for the bottom of the Atlantic. It's in the same respect as to how they, ALL OF THEM, were tearing up over legit penalties being called on the Chiefs. Those were the same exact penalties which they were committing against the Bills without ANY of them being called. No one was making much about that when we were getting shafted by the zebras, were they? I've come to expect it and just laugh. The double standards are clearly evident for people with half a brain to recognize it. 

agreed. Allen was dealing with that pass rush and the fact that the refs tucked their flags deep into their pockets as our wr's got man handled.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Happy, your last sentence is perfect. I've been trying to get that point across to NewEra and he just keeps coming back with Mahomes >>>>Allen nonsense. 

I'd sign on to Mahomes career achievements >>>> Allen's. But the QB's entering the 2021 season? That gap is very small.

Lol.  Ok, allen >/=Mahomes.  You happy now?  

you act like I’m the only person in the world who think Mahomes is in a different tier than allen. Most non bills fans feel that way.  Many bills fans feel that way.  When Josh allen earns it, I’ll say it.  I don’t give out trophy’s based on one season.  I give out trophy’s based on winning something other than 13 games.  

sorry, that I’m not such a homer that I can actually use more than my heart to make my observations.  Allen is amazing.  I don’t think he’s as good as Pat Mahomes.  Yet.  

you think Josh allen is as good as Pat Mahomes.  You’re an unabashed homer that doesn’t deal with one year of success very well. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  Ok, allen >/=Mahomes.  You happy now?  

you act like I’m the only person in the world who think Mahomes is in a different tier than allen. Most non bills fans feel that way.  Many bills fans feel that way.  When Josh allen earns it, I’ll say it.  I don’t give out trophy’s based on one season.  I give out trophy’s based on winning something other than 13 games.  

sorry, that I’m not such a homer that I can actually use more than my heart to make my observations.  Allen is amazing.  I don’t think he’s as good as Pat Mahomes.  Yet.  

you think Josh allen is as good as Pat Mahomes.  You’re an unabashed homer that doesn’t deal with one year of success very well. 

you are aware that if people disagree with your opinions, it doesn't necessarily make them "unabashed homer(s)", right?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/22/some-in-the-league-think-josh-allen-has-caught-patrick-mahomes/

Congrats on being the self-appointed paragon of objectivity.  Maybe you can "give out trophy’s" based on that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:

you are aware that if people disagree with your opinions, it doesn't necessarily make them "unabashed homer(s)", right?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/22/some-in-the-league-think-josh-allen-has-caught-patrick-mahomes/

Congrats on being the self-appointed paragon of objectivity.  Maybe you can "give out trophy’s" based on that.

Pat Mahomes won an MVP, the super bowl and Super Bowl MVP (by leading his team to 21 straight points after being down by 10 with 7 minutes left in the game.  He is the best player in the NFL according to 99% of the league. The other 1% = some Packers and Bills fans + “some other guys that florio and Simms had talked to that are wondering if allen has caught Mahomes.”  But none of those people will put their names on allen being as good as Mahomes. They wonder.  

My apologies for calling @Stank_Nasty an unabashed homer.  I just don’t understand how anyone can say that Allen is as good as Mahomes before he’s accomplished anything.  Our boy had an amazing season. I wouldn’t trade Allen for Mahomes.  He’s the perfect qb for our team and our city.  I just need to see more from him to be on the same level as Mahomes because I’ve seen Mahomes accomplish things that Josh hasn’t accomplished yet.  2021 could be the year.  He’s going have have 1 maybe 2 shots at it again.  He had two shots this season and didn’t even hit the target.  Hopefully that gets Josh more upset than you are after reading it.  

Sorry that I speak my mind (just as everyone on the site does).   I love our boy and can see him becoming the best QB in the league.  I don’t think he’s there yet and I won’t let my emotions get in the way.  I pound the table vs all of my non bills fans that 17 is an elite qb and has a greater upside than Mahomes (which I 💯 believe). He has the mental and physical tools/gifts  to be the best QB ever (although he will probably never eclipse Brady and his SB titles).  I just refuse to say that he’s as good as Mahomes until he accomplishes more than finishing 2nd in the mvp voting and making 1 AFCCG.  I believe that he will win at least one SB for us and earn the nations praise and respect in the way Mahomes has already earned it.  Josh just hasn’t earned it yet.  Most fans in the world would agree with me.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My apologies for calling @Stank_Nasty an unabashed homer.  I just don’t understand how anyone can say that Allen is as good as Mahomes before he’s accomplished anything.  Our boy had an amazing season. I wouldn’t trade Allen for Mahomes.  He’s the perfect qb for our team and our city.  I just need to see more from him to be on the same level as Mahomes because I’ve seen Mahomes accomplish things that Josh hasn’t accomplished yet.  2021 could be the year.  He’s going have have 1 maybe 2 shots at it again.  He had two shots this season and didn’t even hit the target.  Hopefully that gets Josh more upset than you are after reading it.  

Nah. You didnt call me a homer. You one upped it and call me a liar.... which i never was BTW.

And i think you're speaking about people in general here. But i can only say for myself(AGAIN), that i dont think Allen is quite as good as Mahomes yet. But i also think the gap is small and i would argue that Allen had a better regular season than Mahomes.... The problem is the minute somebody has the audacity to say that, and actually quote hard stats that support an argument, "Chiefs Kingdom" and all their cronies flat out lose their minds like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1