Thoughts and prayers for Zerovoltz here

Aussie Joe

There were a couple of Chiefs fans here the past couple of weeks doing some humble bragging.  It wasn't egregious, but I just thought it was bad etiquette after a loss like we had.  Give it a couple of months before talking about how much better the Chiefs are than the Bills as of today & all that.

Much MORE egregious was their main board.  Other fanbases were talking about how insufferable Chiefs fans had become, and I always thought it was hyperbole - but that board was somethin' else. I've said it before, but it's the 1st place on the internet that I will not go back to.  A completely toxic place, where we need stronger words than "arrogant" to adequately describe the general tone.

Last night was a bit of humble pie for all of them.  And I didn't really mind seeing Brady hoist another as much as I thought.  6, 7 - what's the difference.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

@Zerovoltzis a pretty respectable troll on the Bills forum and was one of the few who actually saw the talent in Josh Allen.  

I see to recall that initially he didn’t rate Allen at all, but perhaps came around to his talent a bit earlier then most of his other critics 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

No, it was the same person. It was an actual conversation back then. 

No .. dude was always a chiefs fan.. 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Here we go with the “one game makes a career” crowd.  The bills chiefs game didn’t make me think that Mahomes is better than allen. His career to date has.  This one game won’t change that. 

yes.  I truly believe that Mahomes >>>> Allen.  I truly believe that the Bucs front 7 talent + scheme + the chiefs starting all backup OL + turf toe led to Mahomes playing the worst game of his career.  

you feel otherwise.  Cool.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The chiefs didn’t score a TD.

this game wasn’t more Brady.  It’s was more defense.  Just like Brady’s last super bowl win....his D gave up zero TDs.... hard to lose Super Bowls when your opposition doesn’t score ONE TD

It certainly wasn't all Brady. TB's front 7 is just dominating. But TB had virtually the same defense the previous year and got nowhere with Jameis Winston. As much as I hate to admit it, Brady had plenty to do with getting them to the big game and winning it all.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

They are one and the same as I distinctly recall.

Well I recall him saying he was a Chiefs fan who had posted for years before joining here on Chiefs Planet and other AFC west team boards...

Jeffsmagic kept posting on Buffalo Rumblings during the 2017 season when Mahomes was having his red shirt year ...

Maybe he is both guys  but if so he has a few backstories then...

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well I recall him saying he was a Chiefs fan who had posted for years before joining here on Chiefs Planet and other AFC west team boards...

Jeffsmagic kept posting on Buffalo Rumblings during the 2017 season when Mahomes was having his red shirt year ...

Maybe he is both guys  but if so he has a few backstories then...

jeffsmagic last logged on to this board around mid2020 from a quick lookup.   And he posted till summer 2017.  So they probably are different people. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Success said:

There were a couple of Chiefs fans here the past couple of weeks doing some humble bragging.  It wasn't egregious, but I just thought it was bad etiquette after a loss like we had.  Give it a couple of months before talking about how much better the Chiefs are than the Bills as of today & all that.

Much MORE egregious was their main board.  Other fanbases were talking about how insufferable Chiefs fans had become, and I always thought it was hyperbole - but that board was somethin' else. I've said it before, but it's the 1st place on the internet that I will not go back to.  A completely toxic place, where we need stronger words than "arrogant" to adequately describe the general tone.

Last night was a bit of humble pie for all of them.  And I didn't really mind seeing Brady hoist another as much as I thought.  6, 7 - what's the difference.

100% agree. Brady is already the GOAT. Another title is a small price to pay to see those punk fans get cooled off and for the league to see mahomes bleed a bit.

Last night was my preferred outcome.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Dude, relax.  I’m tired of all of the superlatives that get thrown around after the latest performance by all of these guys.  Now Tampa is the greatest team ever and will dominate for years.  Bottom line is Mahomes looked like crap last night, so everyone can take their foot off the “greatest to play the game” talk for a little while.  Allen did more with less, that’s a fact.

Idk man.  it was one game in which the chiefs OL was completely dominated for 4 quarters and Mahomes was running for his life, with a broken toe.  My personal opinion of Mahomes won’t change because of one game.  He showed that he’s not immune to a great D and game plan + poor OL play and dropped passes.  

I don’t get the point of allen doing more with less.  When did he do more with less?  Did you see the KC OL?  Literally 4 backup OL who were shifted around playing positions they normally don’t play.....vs Barrett, JPP, Vea, Suh, David and white.  Did we see Allen play with 4 backup OL?  Yes, Mahomes has better weapons, but our weapons are pretty dam good too.

what is the point of this?  Is allen better than Mahomes?  What does one bad Mahomes mean?  

Mahomes is the better QB at the moment. There is no debate.  What is so wrong with admitting this?  I was called Nick Wright yesterday......and I’ve stated several times I wouldn’t trade Allen for Mahomes.  Am I being sensitive?  Idk, maybe.  I feel that this board is ultra sensitive with posters stating the obvious truth at this stage in their careers.  Mahomes >>> Allen.   If there was a poll that excluded bills fans from voting  I’m confident that it would be around 99% in favor of Mahomes being the better qb. 

so what’s the problem?

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

It certainly wasn't all Brady. TB's front 7 is just dominating. But TB had virtually the same defense the previous year and got nowhere with Jameis Winston. As much as I hate to admit it, Brady had plenty to do with getting them to the big game and winning it all.

Brady had a lot to do with the Bucs getting to AB winning the super bowl.  The defense, last night, was the most dominant unit of the field last night and kept a Mahomes, Hill, Kelce led offense out of the end zone for the entire game.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Idk man.  it was one game in which the chiefs OL was completely dominated for 4 quarters and Mahomes was running for his life, with a broken toe.  My personal opinion of Mahomes won’t change because of one game.  He showed that he’s not immune to a great D and game plan + poor OL play and dropped passes.  

I don’t get the point of allen doing more with less.  When did he do more with less?  Did you see the KC OL?  Literally 4 backup OL who were shifted around playing positions they normally don’t play.....vs Barrett, JPP, Vea, Suh, David and white.  Did we see Allen play with 4 backup OL?  Yes, Mahomes has better weapons, but our weapons are pretty dam good too.

what is the point of this?  Is allen better than Mahomes?  What does one bad Mahomes mean?  

Mahomes is the better QB at the moment. There is no debate.  What is so wrong with admitting this?  I was called Nick Wright yesterday......and I’ve stated several times I wouldn’t trade Allen for Mahomes.  Am I being sensitive?  Idk, maybe.  I feel that this board is ultra sensitive with posters stating the obvious truth at this stage in their careers.  Mahomes >>> Allen.   If there was a poll that excluded bills fans from voting  I’m confident that it would be around 99% in favor of Mahomes being the better qb. 

so what’s the problem?

I don't know that there's a "problem" but yes, I'd say you're a little sensitive on this issue.  If Josh plays a game like Mahomes played last night he'd be eviscerated on this board and in the media.  That's a fact.  Mahomes gets every benefit of the doubt right now even when he lays a Grade A egg.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

but you can’t think that Allen is just as good as Mahomes?  Can you?

I think this year on the whole they played at an equal level. It depends how much you weigh the period of time that Allen played with a shoulder harness. Mahomes gets the edge right now because he has done it for multiple seasons and has looked better in the playoffs throughout his career. But the gap is not what you make it out to be. Mahomes has two elite pass catchers and much better depth at receiver than Allen does. He also has a competent running game. Allen has Diggs, a good slot receiver, and medium to low tier talent otherwise, with a bottom tier run game. The talent gap for their respective supporting casts is substantially larger than the talent gap between the QBs IMO.

• Like (+1) 1