Thoughts and prayers for Zerovoltz here

Aussie Joe

Especially since he learned that Allen is better than Mahomes today.

Under the same type of pressure Allen looked way way better than Mahomes did.  Bills still scored 24 while the Chiefs couldn't even score a TD.

Allen has a lot of room to grow still and should take another step next year. 

He got more MVP votes than Mahomes and I don't see that changing next year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

I recall Zerovoltz on here before we played the AFCCG. He said quite clearly the way to beat the Chiefs defense is to utilize the RB's and TE's in the passing game. Basically play a game that the Bills and Josh Allen don't play. Our offensive philosophy and personnel plays directly into the Chiefs defensive strengths.  The RB's and TE's for the Bucs accounted for 139 or the 201 total receiving yards. And of course Fournette and Rondald Jones ran the ball well too.

When the Bills played the Chiefs in the Championship Game we only had 92 of our teams total 287 passing yards to the RB's and TE's. Even 92 seems high for us. Not sure how many were in garbage time. 

To make matters worst for the Chiefs last night, Brady has made a HOF career throwing to backs and tight ends. 

Wonder if the Chiefs will be changing up their defensive personnel in the off-season to fix their flaw? Even if they do, given Brady's success over the last two decades it would be to our benefit to get more out of our RB's and TE's.

So that is one half of the problem. Not sure how we figure out the other half given how we were taken to the woodshed twice by the KC offense this year. Meanwhile the Bucs dominated the Chiefs offense for 7 out of 8 quarters this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just thought the community here might want to reach out to our old mate after the man shaming his team got today....

Keep in mind that this was someone that joined the forum the year after the Bills traded with the Chiefs for Mahomes to troll us about the Bills picking JA...

I’m pretty  happy now how things worked out ...

This is false. He was on the forum before the 2017 draft (as a Bills fan) and pushing hard every day on his argument that the Bills needed to draft Mahomes. He switched to the Chiefs because he’s a Mahomes fan, but he still likes the Bills.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The Bucs D did to Mahomes what the chiefs D did to allen.  

the refs played a big role in the first half, no question....but the result would’ve been the same if they called no penalties.  The Bucs front 7 was too much all night and deserved the win (and the MVP).  I could’ve QB’d the Bucs to a victory last night. 

And here’s the funny thing...Josh handled it better, on the road, with less support, than the new GOAT.  How about that?

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Especially since he learned that Allen is better than Mahomes today.

Under the same type of pressure Allen looked way way better than Mahomes did.  Bills still scored 24 while the Chiefs couldn't even score a TD.

Allen has a lot of room to grow still and should take another step next year. 

He got more MVP votes than Mahomes and I don't see that changing next year.

The Bills scored their one meaningful TD because the KC punt returner fumbled at the one yard line. Otherwise, the production was similar.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

The Bucs D did to Mahomes what the chiefs D did to allen.  

the refs played a big role in the first half, no question....but the result would’ve been the same if they called no penalties.  The Bucs front 7 was too much all night and deserved the win (and the MVP).  I could’ve QB’d the Bucs to a victory last night. 

Yeah watching game last night was thinking I hadn't seen a QB run backwards like that from the LOS repeatedly in a long time.... last 2 weeks.

It was a bit of Deja Vu of watching the AFC championship game.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I recall Zerovoltz on here before we played the AFCCG. He said quite clearly the way to beat the Chiefs defense is to utilize the RB's and TE's in the passing game. Basically play a game that the Bills and Josh Allen don't play. Our offensive philosophy and personnel plays directly into the Chiefs defensive strengths.  The RB's and TE's for the Bucs accounted for 139 or the 201 total receiving yards. And of course Fournette and Rondald Jones ran the ball well too.

When the Bills played the Chiefs in the Championship Game we only had 92 of our teams total 287 passing yards to the RB's and TE's. Even 92 seems high for us. Not sure how many were in garbage time. 

To make matters worst for the Chiefs last night, Brady has made a HOF career throwing to backs and tight ends. 

Wonder if the Chiefs will be changing up their defensive personnel in the off-season to fix their flaw? Even if they do, given Brady's success over the last two decades it would be to our benefit to get more out of our RB's and TE's.

So that is one half of the problem. Not sure how we figure out the other half given how we were taken to the woodshed twice by the KC offense this year. Meanwhile the Bucs dominated the Chiefs offense for 7 out of 8 quarters this year. 

Sadly, these positions were some of the Bills weaknesses 

3 hours ago, BRH said:

I never in my life thought I would root for a Brady-led team to win a preseason game, much less a Super Bowl.

But the behavior of Chiefs fans these last couple of weeks (and that of some of their players during the AFCCG) wore on me so much that, just before game time, I realized that my rooting energies were far more conflicted than I expected.  By the middle of the first quarter, I found myself actively rooting for the Bucs.

I’m not ashamed.

Yeah, I thought I was not rooting for either team - conflicted - but as the refs started calling defensive holding and PI on KC, I realized by the burst of enjoyment I experienced that I was rooting for the Bucs.

Shocking.

But I'm not ashamed either.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, eball said:

And here’s the funny thing...Josh handled it better, on the road, with less support, than the new GOAT.  How about that?

The Bucs d is much better than the chiefs d. The chiefs have 3 great players and employed a good scheme.  The Bucs D is super loaded.  Easily the best front 7 in the league by a wide margin.  

Are you all butt hurt too because I feel Mahomes is still a tier above Allen?  Sorry to be so blunt, but your post gives me the feeling that your upset that I publicly state that Mahomes >>>> Allen.  

What does last night game prove about Josh Allen?  I know you love JA, as do I....I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes.....but you can’t think that Allen is just as good as Mahomes?  Can you?

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This is false. He was on the forum before the 2017 draft (as a Bills fan) and pushing hard every day on his argument that the Bills needed to draft Mahomes. He switched to the Chiefs because he’s a Mahomes fan, but he still likes the Bills.

What I said is accurate.  He joined as Zerovoltz on April 30th, 2017.  The day after the 2017 draft concluded.

image.thumb.png.5e999c62d29832f5b7ccb99bde5aea34.png

image.thumb.png.948687f560fd911cf0563357c59d6b11.png

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

The Bucs d is much better than the chiefs d. The chiefs have 3 great players and employed a good scheme.  The Bucs D is super loaded.  Easily the best front 7 in the league by a wide margin.  

Are you all butt hurt too because I feel Mahomes is still a tier above Allen?  Sorry to be so blunt, but your post gives me the feeling that your upset that I publicly state that Mahomes >>>> Allen.  

What does last night game prove about Josh Allen?  I know you love JA, as do I....I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes.....but you can’t think that Allen is just as good as Mahomes?  Can you?

You can't think that Mahomes is >>>> Allen after last nights game can you? How does last nights game not prove that Mahomes has benefited from a superior roster his three years in KC? He gets rattled and rolls all over the playing hero ball just like Allen does when under immense pressure.  He still made nice throws under pressure. Unfortunately none of them were caught. But we routinely see Allen make nice throws under pressure as well. Especially all the toe tappers on the sideline. Mahmoes is likely better still all things equal but that gap is miniscule now. And the gap seems to be closing every year. Allen has always been a year or two behind in his development vs. his peers. 

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

What I said is accurate.  He joined as Zerovoltz on April 30th, 2017.  The day after the 2017 draft concluded.

image.thumb.png.5e999c62d29832f5b7ccb99bde5aea34.png

image.thumb.png.948687f560fd911cf0563357c59d6b11.png

No, he changed his name and rejoined. I was there and remember it clearly. He posted incessantly about Mahomes before the draft.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

I dont know if I feel sorry for this Zerowits guy but I also dont want to hear from him or any Chiefs fan about how bad the officiating was. Yes Brady may have gotten a lot of the calls but the Chiefs got away with so many calls in their game against us two weeks ago.

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

That wasn’t Zerovoltz... it was someone else ..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dude, relax.  I’m tired of all of the superlatives that get thrown around after the latest performance by all of these guys.  Now Tampa is the greatest team ever and will dominate for years.  Bottom line is Mahomes looked like crap last night, so everyone can take their foot off the “greatest to play the game” talk for a little while.  Allen did more with less, that’s a fact.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1