Josh Allen will be the best QB in the league with a running game

JerseyBills

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That was my point. 

Mahomes physically couldn't handle the style of play Josh had to play in a few games.  

You really saw the difference in their physical ability last night.  

I know I'm a homer but I believe I'm a realist first. Josh Allen is the greatest physical specimen,  with the highest ceiling,  in NFL history. And he's going to continue climbing so he can reach that ceiling.  

He'll surpass Mahomes in 2 years max but with a running game I'm extremely confident he passes him in 2021, next season..

It is possible that when he had to run for his life, Mahomes toe was a factor.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is possible that when he had to run for his life, Mahomes toe was a factor.

Good point.  

We'll probably never know but it's possible he aggravated it in practice or during game.  Sure looked fine vs us. 

Edited by JerseyBills

The fact is when Mahomes doesn't throw the ball away and makes a crazy throw "well thats just Mahomes" But when Josh does it its "hero ball" and all bad.

now that thats off my head back to the topic at hand.. Do we need better RB's.. yes.. What we have isn't even close to a 2 headed monster more like 2 kids in a mans world... RB position has to get better.. but more importantly our O'Line and D'Line has to get better... We need better guards on both sides and a one tech DT that takes up 2 players due to size.

That is just as important or even more important then HB. keeping in mind.. we do need a massive need for big upgrade at HB

I was fully expecting the mixture of darkness, hopelessness and irritation that usually comes with a Tom Brady SB win... I turned the game off with 2 minutes to go, unable to watch the trophy presentation that I typically enjoy. 

But I was surprised to find in the aftermath that the game actually made me feel BETTER. It's weird. 

I think it's because we have a great team to cheer FOR. And it wasn't New England and Belichick in the SB. Bruce Arians, Tampa, new guys. Not the same old boring team winning year after year by a field goal. 

And we have Josh Allen and an exciting, great young team. WE can be the ones to knock the champs off, and that includes KC in the AFC. 

Totally changes everything. I'm not "hoping KC wins so 20 years from now when the GOAT talk comes up..."

Screw KC! WE will win! We've got a real shot. And Josh Allen is definitely good enough to win a SB or 2. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

Josh Allen is a rhythm passer. I agree that we need a more effective running game especially within that 20yd line and goal line range and it would also be beneficial in the event that Allen is struggling that day, but make no bones about it, we are a passing team and getting Allen into a rhythm is our best shot at winning. Having a plan b is always nice though.

What the heck happened to Singletary this season?  Rookie season he had the stats (over 5 yards per carry) plus passed the eyeball test (at least to me).  He wasn’t particularly big or fast but he had a real knack for making guys miss tackles in tight spaces.  This year, not so much. OK, not at all. I think it’s just as likely he won’t make the team next year as be starting RB.