The Patriot way

Patriots fans are loving it today - but they probably won't be if TB goes up there next year and dismantles them in front of the home crowd, as he probably will.

And they probably won't love either the entire nation of pundits spending the offseason saying, "See?  It was Brady all along. BB is overrated...."

Yea, like most. They would be upset that their team lost. No different than any other place with fans.

Like how would you react if Allen won you four and had a fallen out w the bills organization, left, came back with another team and beat the bills.

Edited by Ghost_002!

10 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

It was silly for anyone to question or believe that Belichick deserved more credit than Brady for New England’s 6 Super Bowl wins. Folks forget that Belichick had a losing record as a HC before Mo Lewis changed the course of history...

Bill Belichick's coaching career:

With Tom Brady as his starting QB: 224-66

With anybody else as his starting QB: 51-66

I believe it’s 56-70 without Brady now

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t even know why this was ever a thing. A great qb is way more important than a great coach. McDermott became a better coach this year because Allen became a better quarterback. 

any way or culture just means you have a really good quarterback. That’s why it’s absolutely laughable what Houston has done to their franchise. 

• Agree 1

I have always maintained that Brady was JAG (although executed gameplans like few can), while the system and coaching set New England over the top.

Its pretty clear now that Brady will be hard/impossible to replace.  

With that said, Tampa Bay is currently an all-star team

I would never openly root for another team to win a championship because a former player(s) are on the team.  I mean, maybe I would root for them, but not take any satisfaction in it.  One of the most pathetic things in the history of sports was when Ray Bourque won the cup with Colorado and brought in back to Boston for an open celebration.

I think I would actually have rooted against Brady, because him failing would lend the possibility that the existing framework in-place was teflon

Let's all try to describe complex things in the simplest black and white terms only please! 

ALL of New England's success was DIRECTLY attributable to ONLY one of BB or Tom Brady! 

Not both!  Nor in any combination!

That's obvious! 

6 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

I am calling bullsh*t! I live in NE and the patriots/Brady vs BB has been the only thing dominating the sports stations here, both stations and in small groups of people talking sports.

Even casual fans having been talking patriots since TB is back in the SB.

All the talk has been about Brady, which is exactly my point. He no longer plays for your team, he couldn’t stand NE and got the hell out just like Gronk. The discussion about your current team has been completely absent. One bad season in 20 and you’d think they were the Lions. The fact is there seem to be more Brady fans than Pats* fans, which is about right for frontunners. The few true NE fans I know can’t stand Brady for bailing on NE, they root for the colors not the player.

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Im wondering how Pats fans feel about Tom winning a Superbowl for another team and do they feel it was Tom Brady all along or Bellicheck?

A coworker is a NE fan. Will be interesting to see what he says. I told him all year that NE made a mistake. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t even know why this was ever a thing. A great qb is way more important than a great coach. McDermott became a better coach this year because Allen became a better quarterback. 

any way or culture just means you have a really good quarterback. That’s why it’s absolutely laughable what Houston has done to their franchise. 

Brady wasn't a great QB in his first few years.  Also, they won SB's with pretty modest Offensive skill position talent.  Take away any HOF HC's HOF QB and they aren't going to look as good.

BB is easily one of the best ever.  t his record without Brady without mentioning that he inherited a 3-13 Browns team QB's by Bernie Kosar and got them to 11-5 and the playoffs with Vinny Testaverde, Leroy Hoard and Derrick Alexander.....and created the best Defense (points allowed) in the league.  It would be that franchises best record for the next 25 years.  That's a near miracle.

BB certainly can be faulted for not drafting Brady's successor (or maybe keeping Jimmy G).