The Patriot way

I know an inordinate number of Patriot fans, and *every single one of them* is supremely happy with the result tonight. They also expect Belichick to turn it around. I don’t that most of them think in the way that Bills fans want them to. Tommy will always be one of theirs, as will BB. It is what it is.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I've seen too many "I feel like we won the SB!" from Pats fans tonight.

Kind of weird, but I get the allegiance to TB.  Personally, I think it takes some luster off of BB.  Brady can clearly do it without him....can he do it without Brady?  I doubt he coaches long enough to prove he can.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I've seen too many "I feel like we won the SB!" from Pats fans tonight.

Kind of weird, but I get the allegiance to TB.  Personally, I think it takes some luster off of BB.  Brady can clearly do it without him....can he do it without Brady?  I doubt he coaches long enough to prove he can.

he can do it without him if he finds another top 5 qb. only took us 25 years to find one.  hopefully the same for them. 

• Like (+1) 2

It was silly for anyone to question or believe that Belichick deserved more credit than Brady for New England’s 6 Super Bowl wins. Folks forget that Belichick had a losing record as a HC before Mo Lewis changed the course of history...

Bill Belichick's coaching career:

With Tom Brady as his starting QB: 224-66

With anybody else as his starting QB: 51-66

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

All I know is how embarassing it was to watch the refs kiss Brady's ass all night.   Especially the last drive of the First half.  It's just so interesting the way flags suddenly come out on the crucial plays in favor of Brady to keep drives alive.  All the time.  For 20 years.  It's like he's the star of this series and it's all about him.  Commenators kiss his ass all night too... and have you ever noticed how many close ups they keep showing of him ALL THE TIME???  

A phantom holding call to negate Brady's interception?   Hmm.  Reply shows slight contact within 5 yards.  Which is legal, first of all, but that contact could be called on basically EVERY PLAY.   Why this one?  Hmm.   Then later the defender trips and grazes the receiver's foot making him fall while the ball sails 7 feet over his head?  Yep that's Pass interfenece.  Then KC forces a FG, but....wait, nope, the defender....uhhh...lined up Offside... yea, that's what happened.  Replay showed no Offside.  But conveniently it resulted in a..... First Down. Then a TD?   Hmm.  It's always made me so sick  I have to turn off the TV when the script has to star Brady.  
Did you know the NFL is officially designated as an Entertainment company, like WWE?  Not a sports league.

Edited by Irish Dave
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Irish Dave said:

All I know is how embarassing it was to watch the refs kiss Brady's ass all night.   Especially the last drive of the First half.  It's just so interesting the way flags suddenly come out on the crucial plays in favor of Brady to keep drives alive.  All the time.  For 20 years.  It's like he's the star of this series and it's all about him.  Commenators kiss his ass all night too... and have you ever noticed how many close ups they keep showing of him ALL THE TIME???  

A phantom holding call to negate Brady's interception?   Hmm.  Reply shows slight contact within 5 yards.  Which is legal, first of all, but that contact could be called on basically EVERY PLAY.   Why this one?  Hmm.   Then later the defender trips and grazes the receiver's foot making him fall while the ball sails 7 feet over his head?  Yep that's Pass interfenece.  Then KC forces a FG, but....wait, nope, the defender....uhhh...lined up Offside... yea, that's what happened.  Replay showed no Offside.  But conveniently it resulted in a..... First Down. Then a TD?   Hmm.  It's always made me so sick  I have to turn off the TV when the script has to star Brady.  
Did you know the NFL is officially designated as an Entertainment company, like WWE?  Not a sports league.

NFE

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Im wondering how Pats fans feel about Tom winning a Superbowl for another team and do they feel it was Tom Brady all along or Bellicheck?

I think it was a perfect combination. Belichick put some helluva defensive teams around Brady. The same way he won yesterday. And we can not underestimate the value of Gronk to Brady’s success!! There was a reason Brady coerced Gronk out of retirement 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Im told they were rooting for TB like it was there team from the south. TB meaning Tampa Bay. I dont care about them anymore. A pimple on the arse going forward.

You mean Tompa Bay?

2 hours ago, Irish Dave said:

We must have been watching different games. Romo had a Lip-Lock on Mahomie ALL NIGHT!

Also, Shouldn't we be at the point now with Brady that there is no such thing as ""Too much" praise? My God! What more does this man have to do to prove he is the GREATEST EVER!

All these supposedly Pats* fans rooting for Tampa just prove what we already knew - NE fans are the biggest bandwagon fans on the planet.

If Jim Kelly and Thurman made it clear they hated Buffalo and would either retire or get out any way they could (that last TB restructure) the overwhelmingly majority of Bills fans would hate them on another team and rightly so. That’s exactly what Gronk and TB did, they couldn’t stand NE anymore. 

As I’ve stated before, I live in NE and there has been ZERO Patriots talk this season except for a few die hards. You wouldn’t even know the team existed in this media market. They are lucky fans weren’t allowed at Gillette they probably wouldn’t have been able to fill it.

Hartford Patriots in under 10 years!

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

All these supposedly Pats* fans rooting for Tampa just prove what we already knew - NE fans are the biggest bandwagon fans on the planet.

If Jim Kelly and Thurman made it clear they hated Buffalo and would either retire or get out any way they could (that last TB restructure) the overwhelmingly majority of Bills fans would hate them on another team and rightly so. That’s exactly what Gronk and TB did, they couldn’t stand NE anymore. 

[b]As I’ve stated before, I live in NE and there has been ZERO Patriots talk this season except for a few die hards. You wouldn’t even know the team existed in this media market. They are lucky fans weren’t allowed at Gillette they probably wouldn’t have been able to fill it.[/b]

Hartford Patriots in under 10 years!

I am calling bullsh*t! I live in NE and the patriots/Brady vs BB has been the only thing dominating the sports stations here, both stations and in small groups of people talking sports.

Even casual fans having been talking patriots since TB is back in the SB.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I think it was a perfect combination. Belichick put some helluva defensive teams around Brady. The same way he won yesterday. And we can not underestimate the value of Gronk to Brady’s success!! There was a reason Brady coerced Gronk out of retirement 

Brady's offenses routinely outperformed Belichick's defenses.  Brady was always the engine behind the Pats dynasty.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/index.htm

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Brady's offenses routinely outperformed Belichick's defenses.  Brady was always the engine behind the Pats dynasty.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/index.htm

Ha ha

Yea all those SBs Brady won in NE was 52-10. Even the last SB were the pats shut out the rams and Brady didn't throw a touch down. Yup it was all Brady. Wow.