People forget this Bucs team would have lost to Washington

16 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The Packers could have too, had the officials not decided the outcome.

If the Bucs lost that game, it would have been Brady’s fault...that’s what stinks about it...

Brady played awful in the second half of that game...3 INT’s in the second half, and GB only got 6 points from them...Bucs D won that game.

If GB scored TD’s off those interceptions and the Bucs lost the game, the story would have been that Brady blew the game and is washed up.

• Like (+1) 2

You have no idea how teams are going to be one week to the next. Honestly the Bucs played the Chiefs terrible in their first game and then dominated them for the second game. NO for two games and then they got dominated. You never know how teams are going to react.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Special K said:

If the Bucs lost that game, it would have been Brady’s fault...that’s what stinks about it...

Brady played awful in the second half of that game...3 INT’s in the second half, and GB only got 6 points from them...Bucs D won that game.

If GB scored TD’s off those interceptions and the Bucs lost the game, the story would have been that Brady blew the game and is washed up.

And the officials let a lot of non-calls go that entire game. The Buccaneers got away with a key defensive holding play, but they call the one that would have given the Packers the ball back and an opportunity to win the game.

7 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

You have no idea how teams are going to be one week to the next. Honestly the Bucs played the Chiefs terrible in their first game and then dominated them for the second game. NO for two games and then they got dominated. You never know how teams are going to react.

Agreed. Every game is its own entity. But the Bills in their 2 games against the Chiefs tried 2 different ways to play the Chiefs. So I guess hopefully next year we will figure it out. We know we have 1 regular season game vs them. And then possibly a post season game as well if both teams get to that point. 

1 minute ago, Da webster guy said:

I get the feeling the bucs are a 500 team next year.  Evans, AB, Gronk all old timers. 

Either way their front 4 is badass and they stopped Mahomes n Rogers

When Brady played well, they won pretty much all those games. He had a few games in the first 2/3 of the season where he wasn’t “on” and they lost. The Bucs are a very good team and they pretty much sunk or swam based on Brady’s mistakes or lack thereof. 

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

Agreed. Every game is its own entity. But the Bills in their 2 games against the Chiefs tried 2 different ways to play the Chiefs. So I guess hopefully next year we will figure it out. We know we have 1 regular season game vs them. And then possibly a post season game as well if both teams get to that point. 

When Brady played well, they won pretty much all those games. He had a few games in the first 2/3 of the season where he wasn’t “on” and they lost. The Bucs are a very good team and they pretty much sunk or swam based on Brady’s mistakes or lack thereof. 

I’ll be honest if you look at the schedule the Bucs played and the schedule the Bills played I don’t know if the Bucs make the playoffs with the Bills schedule 

They definitely peaked at the right time.    They were big underachievers for much of the season........and beatable in all of their NFC games.

For whatever reasons their whole became the equal of their parts in this SB game.........that was by far their best playoff performance.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’ll be honest if you look at the schedule the Bucs played and the schedule the Bills played I don’t know if the Bucs make the playoffs with the Bills schedule 

Oh I definitely don’t think they would have. But look at next year’s schedule, it could be as tough, if not tougher than this year’s was. Just seems like we can’t get a break. 

The Bucs remind me of the Redskins Over the Hill gang from so many years back. They’ve got a bunch of guys who’re definitely going to decline. I cannot imagine how they’re not headed for an almost immediate rebuild. Brady, Gronk, AB, Suh, Pierre-Paul...just to name a few. Even Bruce Arians is old like George Allen was. But I have to hand it to them!