Would the Bills have beaten the Bucs?

QB Bills

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the Bucs D looked much better because they were going against JV olinemen. That defense is good— but you make it sound like they are the 1986 bears.

We were one of the best 4 teams in the league. They weren’t going to do that to our o-line. 

Was the Chiefs front 7 the 85 Bears?  No--and they aren't the 2020 Bucs either, but they "did that" to the Bills O-line. And the Bills O-line is acknowledged as unit that needs an upgrade.

On 2/8/2021 at 11:44 AM, WhoTom said:

False dichotomy. Acknowledging that the SB winners would have beaten us isn't the same as saying we suck.

Ooh, fancy words. 

You right...to a degree. Saying that Tampa would've beat the Bills in the Super Bowl is one thing. Saying that they'd absolutely dominate the Bills like I've seen said is another thing. Some seem so certain that Tampa would just wipe the floor with the Bills and I don't see it that way. I think KC overlooked Tampa and figured they'd do what they did to them in the regular season. Tampa was ready, tho. 

On 2/9/2021 at 7:42 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Was the Chiefs front 7 the 85 Bears?  No--and they aren't the 2020 Bucs either, but they "did that" to the Bills O-line. And the Bills O-line is acknowledged as unit that needs an upgrade.

Buffalo has a very good O-Line. Don't let the one game against KC colour your view.

Also, wasn't aware, but I guess the Bucs are the best team in the NFL now. No one can beat them!

Edited by Boxcar

On 2/9/2021 at 12:06 AM, ScottLaw said:

Come on man. They played the Chiefs twice and got beaten soundly both times. They had every opportunity to make that their game plan. 

I don’t necessarily accept this argument - the Saints turned over the Bucs twice in the regular season, including a blowout at Raymond James, yet come the play offs the Bucs easily held the upper hand. The Bills are capable of beating the Chiefs and the Bucs but we’d have to bring our A Game to do so.

On 2/8/2021 at 1:10 PM, djp14150 said:

peop,e seem to forget.   The Bucs had the benefit of playing KC earlier so they could make adjustments. If this was the first time meeting, possibly a different game.

buffalo is more familiar with Brady tendencies and play calls. They have bern able to control Gronk.

Mahones mobility was hurt.  Allen would have done much better.

Yeah, you're right on that second bullet - the Bills have had pretty good success against Brady and Gronk - that would have surely worked to our advantage :wallbash:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Here are some facts to consider or mull over when deciding this question

Josh was the healthy QB that would have run from people much easier then Mahomes.. especially with his turf toe

Our O'Line was in a much better spot being one of the best in the league giving the QB Time. 

We have faced the best secondary in the game without trouble. Why should Tampa be different?

OR....

Would Tampa of had an easier time running against us..

With Brady playing and beating the Bills so much in the past how much confidence does this add?

Would they of been able to score more points against us do to their amazing run game?

I personally feel when you way all this out we would of done better then KC but still lost. 

this is a personal opinion now... don't crucify me lol

Any team can win any given Sunday, but the Bucs played a near perfect game on offense and defense.

Bucs defense is significantly stronger in their front 7, they have a serviceable run game, a knucklehead but better TE, and Allen is not in Tom Brady's class as of yet.

So, no. Bills would have scored more than 9 points, but Bucs beat New Orleans, Green Bay, and KC handily.

Bills are a top 5 team next year, but KC and Tampa Bay are favorites and should be.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:28 PM, Augie said:

Replace “would” with “could”.

We will never know, of course. How do things turn out if the two throws to KC WR’s that bounce off their face masks are actually CAUGHT for TD’s. 

Swings in momentum are HUGE factors in games.  We can’t “know” anything. Saying you know for sure seems like not knowing anything about football. I get the KC OLine (with injuries) was a problem, but a break here and there and it could look like a totally different game. 

Of course we can't  know for sure. However, I disagree with your premise. The Chiefs are a better team. A poor match up for the Bills because we have no one to stop Kelce and a defense that lacks a consistent pass rush and isn't great at stoping the run. On offense the Bills are too one dimensional. They waxed the Bills 2xs and that wasn't coincidental. A break here or there wouldn't have made a difference. In fact, one could argue the Bills did get the breaks. Hill dropped a 3rd down pass deep in Bills territory and the Chiefs muffed a punt and gave thw Bills the ball inside the 5 yard line. Come on brother. Love the Bills, but they weren't going to win that game unless Mahomes breaks his leg.  Hopefully, the Bills will be even hungrier, draft well, make a few key pick ups, and players develop more. The Bills future looks bright but KC is the cream of the crop. Buffalo, Clev, Pitts, Balt, Indy, Tenn are trying to dethrone KC. Next year is going to be fun. 

Edited by newcam2012

16 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Buffalo has a very good O-Line. Don't let the one game against KC colour your view.

Also, wasn't aware, but I guess the Bucs are the best team in the NFL now. No one can beat them!

2 games...

Over their final 8 games, no one (not Brees, not Rodgers, not Mahomes) could beat the Bucs.  That part you got correct.

59 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

2 games...

Over their final 8 games, no one (not Brees, not Rodgers, not Mahomes) could beat the Bucs.  That part you got correct.

Yeah they started off a little rocky, but that was likely do to some new guys learning to play with each other and BA learning to work with Brady. You could tell the difference later in the season when they started "gelling" together I guess you could say.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

Yeah, you're right on that second bullet - the Bills have had pretty good success against Brady and Gronk - that would have surely worked to our advantage :wallbash:

Let's ignore the part where both players are well past their primes