Would the Bills have beaten the Bucs?

QB Bills

With our current D and philosophy, no way we beat Tampa.  Brady has always had the Bills number and hE would have known this d scheme inside and out. Plus they are big on the o line , ran the ball really well , and would have killed us running the ball. We have no rush to get to Brady so the exact same thing would have happened to us as what did to KC.  We may have scored a little more only because we had our starting tackles. But even that is iffy as we were so one dimensional.  
TB woukd have been blitzing josh all night and we have no consistent backs or tight ends to use as outlets for josh.   We are not close to these teams yet and our only hope next year is to fix the o with a running gsme and get a productive tight end. The d fix will be a two year process.  Need edge rushers, better backers and second corner.  We will have a tough year if our O doesn’t continue to improve because Mcd tends to stick with this soft zone stuff, and you see how kc manhandled us on both LOS, but especially their O line as they scored on almost every possession.  

I don’t know, I think our offense could of moved the ball against them. Maybe not enough to shoot it out, but I don’t think we could of stopped them on defense. 
I do think our conservative coverage defense would of done better than KCs defense, fournette would of probably had 150 yards though. 

The Bucs are loaded at the skill positions.  Trying to cover Hill and Kelce was tough enough, but Evans, Godwin, Brown and Goonk, with Brate thrown in there?  I thought the Chefs would have been allowed to mug them and the front-4 would have been able to pressure Brady, but the NFL decided to change it all up.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Doubtful. Unless Allen had the game of his life..... I think people underestimate how good Allen was this year and how overrated the rest of the Bills roster is. 

Too be fair Colts and Ravens were supposed to dominate the trenches also. Chiefs beat us because we had no answer for Mahomes and the WR's couldn't get open. Sometimes the coaches just get out coached. IMO the Bills came into the game with a terrible plan. 

I think we matchup better with Tampa then KC. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

How is this even a question? 

KCs o-line couldn’t protect the only QB in the world who is more mobile than Josh. 

We would have gotten DESTROYED. 

KC OL was without their LT, shifted OL all over. I still think we match up better vs Tampa then KC. 

Might not win but I like the matchup better. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The Colts did dominate in the trenches on their offensive line. They couldn’t stop the Colts. They should’ve won that game if not for Josh Allen being the best player on the field. 

The Bills sold out to stop the run against a one dimensional offense in Baltimore. Ravens had no answer. Bills just lack talent upfront defensively and could use some help in the back end as well.

Bills WR's weren't beating man like they did in the regular season. Injuries likely played a role. 

Tampa is a more traditional offense. Obviously very talented. I think in terms of who the Bills matchup with best its Tampa. It's possible that the Bills aren't in either teams class. Very possible. I'm not saying the Bills would beat Tampa. 

After that blood bath, no. I do not think the Bills would have won it.

And I agree about the officiating. They decided to call those calls when the Chiefs are facing Brady, but let everything slide.

Sea to me like the NFL wanted a Brady vs Mahomes Superbowl. That being said, the Bills did not lose that game because of officiating. Kelce and Hill murdered them.

If this isn't the most pessimistic fanbase in the NFL, it has to be up there.

The Bills went 13-3 in a non-cakewalk schedule. You guys are acting like they are a .500 team. Would they have beaten the Bucs? Who knows, but probably. How did we go from everyone thinking the Bills were the second best team in the NFL to having to reboot every position after one loss to a very good team? Christ, calm down.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

No. Both Bills lines would have gotten the crap kicked out of them. Those Bucs lines are both outstanding and their speed at linebacker was pronounced. The Bills have a ways to go to get their lines to look like those 2 did. They need more premium players at those positions instead of mid level free agent types.

Completely agree. We're a good team but to win a SB you gotta have "the trenches"....

No chance.  would’ve been our 5th SB loss and in embarrassing fashion.  So glad we didn’t have to suffer through it.

I want to make it back when the Bills have a complete team and ready to win it. There are some obvious areas they were lacking in this years playoffs 

It's tough to say. The key all season to beating the Bucs was getting ahead and making them one dimensional. If the offense clicked and scored some points then the Bucs would have had to score more and it could have played right into the Bills plans. Tough to say how it works out. How would the Bills game have played out if Motor caught that ball or the Bills went for it on the 4th downs?

We would have gotten beat. I was relieved it wasn’t us out there.

Agree with everyone above that the Chiefs got away with all the holding against us but it caught up to them tonight. Thing is, they were holding like mad tonight and still Tampa was gettting through. 

Tom said he is coming back- don’t be surprised to see them at the top of the NFC again