Would the Bills have beaten the Bucs?

QB Bills

Didn't see it posted, but I'm guessing a lot of fans are wondering. 

My thoughts even before the AFC championship game were that KC was a awful matchup for the Bills and that if they had gotten by them, they would have beaten Tampa. After watching what the Bucs did to the Chiefs on both sides of the line, and comparing what those same Chiefs did to Buffalo's O and D lines, I'm not so sure now.

What really sucked was these refs today calling all the clear holding penalties the Chiefs were also committing against us two weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 12

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

Didn't see it posted, but I'm guessing a lot of fans are wondering. 

My thoughts even before the AFC championship game were that KC was a awful matchup for the Bills and that if they had gotten by them, they would have beaten Tampa. After watching what the Bucs did to the Chiefs on both sides of the line, and comparing what those same Chiefs did to Buffalo's O and D lines, I'm not so sure now.

What really sucked was these refs today calling all the clear holding penalties the Chiefs were also committing against us two weeks ago.

Yes I think we definitely have a shot the difference in this game tonight quite frankly is the refs realized the Chiefs borderline foul on D every play and tonight it caught up with them 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Just now, dakrider said:

So would rather lose the AFC Championship game or be embarrassed in the SB?   YEAH.

No comparison. Getting to the AFCCG is still viewed as a great accomplishment, even if you lose.

Lose the SB, and you're a loser.

• Agree 6

No. Both Bills lines would have gotten the crap kicked out of them. Those Bucs lines are both outstanding and their speed at linebacker was pronounced. The Bills have a ways to go to get their lines to look like those 2 did. They need more premium players at those positions instead of mid level free agent types.

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 5

Honestly, there was talk on another thread about how because of Allen, we need to keep investing in better & better weapons - that our receivers weren't quite as good as the Chiefs, and that needed to be the focus.

Trenches, trenches, trenches. I don't care if they don't make another move at receiver for the next 2 years.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Success said:

No comparison. Getting to the AFCCG is still viewed as a great accomplishment, even if you lose.

Lose the SB, and you're a loser.

Agreed.  It's one thing to lose to Brady all the time in front of the local fanbases.  It'd be brutal imo to lose in front of the whole world to him and be reminded how he owns the Bills.

I doubt the Bills could have beaten the Bucs.  Besides the matchup issues is Brady and the Bucs have more experience in the Super Bowl 

Edited by Another Fan

Just now, Success said:

Honestly, there was talk on another thread about how because of Allen, we need to keep investing in better & better weapons - that our receivers weren't quite as good as the Chiefs, and that needed to be the focus.

Trenches, trenches, trenches. I don't care if they don't make another move at receiver for the next 2 years.

We need to upgrade interior OL and add a pass rusher. 

• Agree 2