So a super fast, physical, and aggressive front 7 is the key...

4 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

We are sadly 2 offseasons away

...😢😢😢 We are severly undermanned.

agree we are undermanned in the front 7.  I thnk a real MLB, move Edmunds outside helps the LB issue, getting Tomlinson in FA helps the DL temendously.  Need a legit pass rusher in FA as well (Yannick?), then draft a RB and OL.  I think we trade back in the draft to acquire all these parts.  We can do it in one offseason.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

agree we are undermanned in the front 7.  I thnk a real MLB, move Edmunds outside helps the LB issue, getting Tomlinson in FA helps the DL temendously.  Need a legit pass rusher in FA as well (Yannick?), then draft a RB and OL.  I think we trade back in the draft to acquire all these parts.  We can do it in one offseason.  

I wish but just don't see it.😢

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

We are sadly 2 offseasons away

...😢😢😢 We are severly undermanned.

this was the season to have a guy like yannick or Clowney. Just picking a few available names from last offseason.

They weren’t week to week needs but in late January/February our front 7 was not going to be good enough. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

I thought the solution was the Bills drafting gadget guys like Toney so we could match the Chiefs on the  scoreboard?

We need playmakers right?

They scored 9 points today fellas when they got smacked in the mouth

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Beane failed with his d-line moves this past off season (and he had a lot to invest—thankfully he was smart and can get us out of most of the bad deals).  I appreciate what he’s done but he’s gotta own the bad along with the good.  

It all starts up front with the d-line  and has a domino effect—that pressure was always how you beat Brady—ask the Giants’ teams.  

Hope Beane can make something happen but with the Covid cap issue and not having a surplus of picks, it’s going to be hard.  That’s why I agree—a couple more years.  

We did great this year and are on the right track looking back (I personally think ahead) so let’s not all get negative.  Having arrived sooner than expected puts pressure on us too, this offseason will be very important.  

Edited by biggerdaddynj
  • Agree 6

After watching David shut down Kelce tonight i think Milano's agent just lost a ton of leverage,  i have no problem seeing him walk.  Both LB'S from Tampa Bay including David are free agents.  We need more play makers in the front 7 and a real RB.  Fournette is also a free agent,

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

this was the season to have a guy like yannick or Clowney. Just picking a few available names from last offseason.

They weren’t week to week needs but in late January/February our front 7 was not going to be good enough. 

Wonder if we were in the mix for Dunlap. 

Bills cannot be afraid of signing guys who get cut,  Fournette got cut and we went with Moss and Singletary.  Singletary has no business  being a starting RB,  KC used the same defence tonight that they used against us.  The difference is Brady could hand off to Jones & Fournette

• Like (+1) 7

It's always been the key on defense.  The Giants did it to Brady too.  It only takes two better players in the front 7.  They have enough depth already to let Addison, Butler, Murphy, and Jefferson all go.  That still leaves Star, Hughes, Epenesa, Oliver, Philips, and Zimmer.  Johnson can stay as the cheap 10th guy.  That means they only need to sign 1 or 2 in FA and draft 1 or 2 to fill out the DL.  

As for LB the answer is staring them in the face. Move Edmunds to OLB and find a true MLB.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How did those guys just completely erase Hill?

Pass rush

• Like (+1) 6

21 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I thought the solution was the Bills drafting gadget guys like Toney so we could match the Chiefs on the  scoreboard?

We need playmakers right?

They scored 9 points today fellas when they got smacked in the mouth

need the playmakers, but need balanced playmakers.  Tampa has that.  

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Need to rebuild that defence,  just not enough play makers .  I pray Milano leaves because he is not worth big money

I'd rather spend big money on DT Tomlinson or Yannick.  Milano seems easier to replace in the draft.  

The Tampa front 7 is a thing of beauty. Wow, they dominated KC tonight.

Brady knew what he was doing when he picked Tampa.  They are superb in the trenches, which is the key to being successful.  Layer in the best QB to ever play the game and boom,  you have an immediate super bowl contender.