Jump to content

Super Bowl Game Thread: Kansas City at Tampa Bay 6:30 Eastern on CBS


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Success said:

 

Everyone was downplaying losing 2 starting tackles a bit much. 

 

Against the Bucs line? That's pretty devastating.  Too much to overcome, and it showed on the field. Mahomes was never comfortable.

 

 

Especially considering that Fisher got hurt in the 4th quarter in the AFC Title game. The KC line becomes like a new line that has never played together when the second tackle goes down and it turned out to be the whole game.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Kansas city fan base deserves this game. 

Chiefs fans in a nutshell 

Watch LaVonte David and see why you dont pay Milano 14 million. They are on completely different levels. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Anyone else feel worse about Gronk winning another (and playing really well) than Brady?

 

I just don't like Brady because he beat the Bills for 20 years. Gronk had one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen in the NFL, against one of my favorite Bills.  Never like seeing that guy celebrate, or be celebrated.

 

 

Agree. Sometimes I forget about it and just see Gronk, and then I remember suddenly and get mad again about it. One of the toughest replays to watch, the way he loads up on a defenseless Tre with glee. Sick and cowardly.

 

 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ya Digg? said:

There was literally not a single bad call by the refs in the first half. Each KC penalty was blatant and an easy call for them to make 

I dont agree. At the very least the Bucs benefited from pointing out the "sticky" coverage vs the Bills and alerting the refs to watch out for certain things but a Brady led team got all the calls, i'm not surprised. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Also...wth with the defense limiting Hill so much? The Bills let him waltz all over the field?? Shows it can be done wth Frazier?


the chiefs offensive coaches got totally Schooled. They didn’t adjust at all to the Bucs 2-high coverage.

When we did the same thing, the chiefs either ran the ball really well, or got the ball to Hill in space about 7-8 years out and he got a ton of RAC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Success said:

 

Only 2 weeks after we were exposed as the same.

 

It was like watching a mirror of that game tonight.  Weird deja vu.  Mahomes even had 20-30 yard sprinting backwards dropbacks.

 

 

That's right.

Remember the Moneyball line from Billy Beane? "My [crap] doesn't work in the playoffs."

With a couple notable exceptions (the Kurt Warner Greatest Show on Turf Rams and last year's Chiefs) the track meet style of offense seems to be subject to the Beane rule. Even the Peyton Manning record breaking offenses flopped; it was only the defense-dominant Broncos of 2015 that were able to win when Manning was just a shell of himself.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


the chiefs offensive coaches got totally Schooled. They didn’t adjust at all to the Bucs 2-high coverage.

When we did the same thing, the chiefs either ran the ball really well, or got the ball to Hill in space about 7-8 years out and he got a ton of RAC. 

 

And Mahomes looked slightly tight going against Brady, the way Josh looked a little tight going against Mahomes.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


the chiefs offensive coaches got totally Schooled. They didn’t adjust at all to the Bucs 2-high coverage.

When we did the same thing, the chiefs either ran the ball really well, or got the ball to Hill in space about 7-8 years out and he got a ton of RAC. 

Reid just said, I wasn't expecting it..I donno what but he wasn't expecting it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rico said:

There's lots more I could find, but it's Weekend time.

The reffing in the first half was objectively terrible, but KC was awful in the second half and deserved to lose. KC’s backup OTs looked like high school players — “Ole!” On every other play. For the first time in a long time, the SB was a terrible game. My broader take: the NFL certainly didn’t “fix” the game, but I suspect the last thing they wanted was Andy Reid winning after a (plausible) narrative emerged in which he enabled his idiot son (to the point of employing him despite no visible qualifications), who was responsible for a genuine human tragedy because of his recklessness. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The reffing in the first half was objectively terrible, but KC was awful in the second half and deserved to lose. KC’s backup OTs looked like high school players — “Ole!” On every other play. For the first time in a long time, the SB was a terrible game. My broader take: the NFL certainly didn’t “fix” the game, but I suspect the last thing they wanted was Andy Reid winning after a (plausible) narrative emerged in which he enabled his idiot son (to the point of employing him despite no visible qualifications), who was responsible for a genuine human tragedy because of his recklessness. 

Karma is a killer... they got what they deserved.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Well he deserved to lose then


agreed. If he couldn’t adjust to that, then I am not sure what they are doing on the sideline as coaches. Bowles always plays that zone. Mixing it up on 3rd down doesn’t seem to be something that can’t be solved through some better playcalling and execution.

 

just a terrible Job by the chiefs coaches. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I dont agree. At the very least the Bucs benefited from pointing out the "sticky" coverage vs the Bills and alerting the refs to watch out for certain things but a Brady led team got all the calls, i'm not surprised. 

Ya , 1 of the first plays the refs called holding or pi. But it seemed the Chiefs were overwhelmed n surprised by the Bucs playing style, where as TB was expecting the Chiefs defense 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SDS unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...