Super Bowl Game Thread: Kansas City at Tampa Bay 6:30 Eastern on CBS

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

List of things I can be happy about with this Tampa Bay win:

1. Bruce Arians gets a Super Bowl trophy at age 68. Seems like a nice guy who waited his turn. For a long time.

2. ... umm, I got nuthin'

Kansas City being humbled. And finally being called for all the damn holding on defense.

Also New England looking a bit foolish for thinking they didn’t need Brady to win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

There’s a part of me that’s truly ashamed of how much I enjoyed that. 

Luckily its just a very small, small part. The whole rest of me loved it. 

what makes it great is that it was a non-bills player and so you don’t have to worry about any blowback.

reminds me of when the Patriots got a joke of a penalty call against the ravens back in the day, and Bart Scott picked up the flag and threw it into the stands. Loved it. And didn’t have to worry about a bills player getting fined or ejected.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The refs do get a share of the blame. Called it really tight on the KC DBs but not on the TB DBs.

But really ... this one wasn't close enough that it made a difference.

Best teams in the NFL, c. 2020-21:

1. Tampa Bay

[huge gap]

2. KC

[big gap]

3. Bills.

Some seasons are like that. It all becomes obvious by the end of the Super Bowl.

The Bucs were underestimated.  For the last 2 months solid, they have been on an epic roll.

People took a couple of swoons they had early on too seriously. It was Brady's 1st new team in 20 years. It was going to take some time for things to come together.

Just so glad it wasn't us tonight.  Losing like that would have been devastating. I'd have to not look at the internet until at least November - and only then if we were undefeated at that point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, 97bills said:

Well even the bucks have won 2 Super Bowls in 18 years. Man I can’t wait to see Buffalo win one but after watching the bucks the are loaded on both sides of the ball we need linebacker help and pass rush there linebackers we’re flying around making big hits. So I really don’t no how far we are I guess every year is different 

'19 draft a disaster 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He had a very bad game vs. KC

But he had a number of whiffed blocks that blew up a run play during the season.

PS where did the subtle part come in?

The subtle part came in when he said it’s nice to see a team run the ball. He never said the Bills need to run more, he just said he liked seeing the run. Could be perceived as a subtle shot at his team. You’re really overthinking my use of the term subtle. No need for in depth scientific analysis 😂 

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I know Mahomes was hobbled, but he looked terrible under pressure tonight. Just awful. In my eyes he has lost that magic quality that i thought he had. 

So did Rodgers. No qb woulda stood a chance against pass rushing performances like that

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Wheres the hate for mahomes come from? Want to see gronkowski smashed around sure, but mahomes? 

They beat the Bills, biggest obstacle for them in the foreseeable future. Easy to hate now. Use to be Brady, now channel it to the Cheifs.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

No way, if I'm Tom, that I'm not riding into the sunset on this victory, but that's not him.

He'll be back for #8 next season.  Guys like him, Jordan, Mayweather, Ricky Carmichael, Federer/Nadal are just a different breed.

I respect it because it's truly a rare breed to have that killer instinct and to aspire to be the greatest.

He might decide to retire, particularly if he promised his wife "one more ring and I'm done".  But short of that, he knows what a great team he's on and that they would have a good chance next year to repeat, and given that - I think he stays on for one more year.

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what makes it great is that it was a non-bills player and so you don’t have to worry about any blowback.

reminds me of when the Patriots got a joke of a penalty call against the ravens back in the day, and Bart Scott picked up the flag and threw it into the stands. Loved it. And didn’t have to worry about a bills player getting fined or ejected.

Haha I loved that Bart Scott play! 

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

No way, if I'm Tom, that I'm not riding into the sunset on this victory, but that's not him.

He'll be back for #8 next season.  Guys like him, Jordan, Mayweather, Ricky Carmichael, Federer/Nadal are just a different breed.

I respect it because it's truly a rare breed to have that killer instinct and to aspire to be the greatest.

My wife, who doesn't really care at all about football, nailed it - Brady on the bench looking serious if not pissed off. Why doesn't he look like he's having fun?

Because he isn't. There's that insane drive to win, to be the no-doubt-about-it GOAT. It's probably why he doesn't get a ton of commercials like lesser gods (Peyton Manning). We want our sports heroes to act like they absolutely love what they're doing and take great joy in it. That's not Tom Brady.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1