Super Bowl Game Thread: Kansas City at Tampa Bay 6:30 Eastern on CBS

32 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I dont know. The Bills vs Chiefs and last nights game were night and day. The Bucs utterly destroyed them. We had to fight tooth and nail for every inch on offense. Ands on defense we looked lost. Their guys were open by 5+ yards consistently against us. While nearly every catch was contested last night. So the Bucs not only had a much better pass rush but also much better coverage, even on short passes like the quick outs and slants.  

Let's face it as there were a lot of non calls in that AFC Championship game. This was what even the announcers were saying about Bills receivers. That Chiefs defense came in as the #10 in points allowed, #16 in yards allowed. The Ravens had a better defense. 

The holding kept Diggs from getting open who was Josh's main target all season. 

Now switch to defense and think about how the Chiefs might have been holding Jerry Hughes and Co. 

Yes, Buffalo had their share of problems in the playoffs as they didn't look anywhere near as good on offense has they had all season. Both In the red zone and on 3rd downs. The game plans and play calls left much to be desired. The Bills offensive line looked pretty bad against the Chiefs too...dunno why. 

26 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I really think the decimation of the Chiefs' o-line was the greatest factor in the game. Brady played well, but any good QB would have won that game for the Bucs--they were that dominant on the offensive and defensive lines.

Losing their starting LT late in the AFC Champ game was a blow to the Chiefs, no question.  But, they had to have expected heavy pressure from Tampa.  They seemed to have no answer and no ability to adjust.  It'll be interesting as the all-22 comes out to see if there were actually no answers or if Mahomes didn't take them.

• Like (+1) 1

Haha. Brady sends apology text. Remind me who the penalty was called on again? NFL is ridiculous in how certain players are treated. How many times have we seen Allen destroyed with no flags. You say a word to Brady - even in a case he is now apologizing for his actions and you get flagged. Cant touch or talk to Tom. 

It's weird... Brady won but I don't feel that bad. I'm not glad but after the way the Chiefs acted in the AFC Title Game I'm not sad either.

Plus it was Tampa and Arians not NE and Belichick.

Will I actually root for him vs NE next season? I cannot wait for that game. It's going to be an existential moment.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This seems to be backwards of how coaches usually explain the cart and the horse on defense

The Tampa backers took away the short zone. The Bills linebackers were unable to do so. Mahomes had nowhere short to go when Tampa pressure arrived. When the Bills pressured he had his pick of short passes because our LB play was weak.

Edited by Beerball

5 hours ago, Beerball said:

The Tampa backers took away the short zone. The Bills linebackers were unable to do so. Mahomes had nowhere short to go when Tampa pressure arrived. When the Bills pressured he had his pick of short passes because our LB play was weak.

It appeared Buffalo over pursued allot against the Chiefs. The speed killed us. Although it was more due to trickery on the part of Andy Reid then anything IMO. I think Reid played into the agressive nature of Edmunds. Hate to say it.

Buffalo got schooled...

On a side note Mahomes arm strength and mobilty enabling him to roll one way and throw the other is a great way to get talented athletes in open space IMO. Josh Allen can make the same throws. RB's like T J Yeldon can flourish in the process IMO. Go one better, Najee Harris.

Bama one, two punch...

Edited by Figster