Super Bowl Game Thread: Kansas City at Tampa Bay 6:30 Eastern on CBS

2 hours ago, Rico said:

There's lots more I could find, but it's Weekend time.

The reffing in the first half was objectively terrible, but KC was awful in the second half and deserved to lose. KC’s backup OTs looked like high school players — “Ole!” On every other play. For the first time in a long time, the SB was a terrible game. My broader take: the NFL certainly didn’t “fix” the game, but I suspect the last thing they wanted was Andy Reid winning after a (plausible) narrative emerged in which he enabled his idiot son (to the point of employing him despite no visible qualifications), who was responsible for a genuine human tragedy because of his recklessness. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The reffing in the first half was objectively terrible, but KC was awful in the second half and deserved to lose. KC’s backup OTs looked like high school players — “Ole!” On every other play. For the first time in a long time, the SB was a terrible game. My broader take: the NFL certainly didn’t “fix” the game, but I suspect the last thing they wanted was Andy Reid winning after a (plausible) narrative emerged in which he enabled his idiot son (to the point of employing him despite no visible qualifications), who was responsible for a genuine human tragedy because of his recklessness. 

Karma is a killer... they got what they deserved.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Well he deserved to lose then

agreed. If he couldn’t adjust to that, then I am not sure what they are doing on the sideline as coaches. Bowles always plays that zone. Mixing it up on 3rd down doesn’t seem to be something that can’t be solved through some better playcalling and execution.

just a terrible Job by the chiefs coaches. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I dont agree. At the very least the Bucs benefited from pointing out the "sticky" coverage vs the Bills and alerting the refs to watch out for certain things but a Brady led team got all the calls, i'm not surprised. 

Ya , 1 of the first plays the refs called holding or pi. But it seemed the Chiefs were overwhelmed n surprised by the Bucs playing style, where as TB was expecting the Chiefs defense 

It's been said a lot, but the really irritating thing is that we KNOW the Chiefs' DB's played the same way against us - we just didn't get the calls that the Bucs did.

Hard to be too upset.  I'm glad I don't feel right now like I would if we lost this game, and we likely would have if we made it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya , 1 of the first plays the refs called holding or pi. But it seemed the Chiefs were overwhelmed n surprised by the Bucs playing style, where as TB was expecting the Chiefs defense 

Bad calls aside, I underestimated the Bucs D. They held Kelce and Hill in check and Mahomes had no answers all night. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, ganesh said:

he has also chucked some unbelievable balls that his WRs have dropped for TDs.

I also saw Kelce cut off his route and reach behind him trying to snag a poor pass, receivers diving to get their hands on balls.

I also saw KC receivers make amazing attempts to come back to balls thrown into double coverage. The diving pop-up INT-that-wasn't near the end that the refs said the receiver did not get his hand under was another poor pass that was turfed.

Don't get me wrong, Mahomes to me is one of the best off platform passers in the game - especially near the LOS. Sidearm, across his body, through a crowd of defenders, shovel passes, and he usually puts it in an exact area where his receivers can make a play on it. That sideline pass while airborne was freakish and in an area for a diving reception. Would have been a tremendous throw and catch. He also can throw dimes when clean - there were a few beauties tonight as well.

However, with the pressure and his sure-handed Kelce safety blanket gone, he made a lot of ill-advised throws where he forced passes into coverage, was off target on more than a few tosses, had 2 turnovers (could have been a lot more), and was unable to drive his team to a TD.

At the end of the day:

Goat 3 TDs and 0 INTs

Mahomes 0 TDs and 2 INTs

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1