Super Bowl Game Thread: Kansas City at Tampa Bay 6:30 Eastern on CBS

Anyone else feel worse about Gronk winning another (and playing really well) than Brady?

I just don't like Brady because he beat the Bills for 20 years. Gronk had one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen in the NFL, against one of my favorite Bills.  Never like seeing that guy celebrate, or be celebrated.

1 minute ago, ALF said:

The Bills need to study the Tampa defense against KC , they did a great job. 

Yeah. Sign David asap too!!

Lavonte David shut Kelce down most of the game. I think he intimidated Kelce early. Kelce did make some catches but everything was contested till later on in garbage time.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Might not be a fair comparison: the Bills weren't missing both tackles, and TB's D-line is better than KC's.  

What difference does that make? I am talking about how the QBs were under pressure. Not why. That is irrelevant to both of them facing the same type of pressure. One did a decent job and one did a terrible job.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Putting aside my hate for Brady I gotta congratulate Arians and the other players not named Gronk on the Bucs. They deserved the win tonight, in the end. Don't think i'll ever be convinced they didn't get a boost by the refs, ie> the NFL in the first half though. 

There was literally not a single bad call by the refs in the first half. Each KC penalty was blatant and an easy call for them to make 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Everyone was downplaying losing 2 starting tackles a bit much. 

Against the Bucs line? That's pretty devastating.  Too much to overcome, and it showed on the field. Mahomes was never comfortable.

Especially considering that Fisher got hurt in the 4th quarter in the AFC Title game. The KC line becomes like a new line that has never played together when the second tackle goes down and it turned out to be the whole game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Anyone else feel worse about Gronk winning another (and playing really well) than Brady?

I just don't like Brady because he beat the Bills for 20 years. Gronk had one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen in the NFL, against one of my favorite Bills.  Never like seeing that guy celebrate, or be celebrated.

Agree. Sometimes I forget about it and just see Gronk, and then I remember suddenly and get mad again about it. One of the toughest replays to watch, the way he loads up on a defenseless Tre with glee. Sick and cowardly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

There was literally not a single bad call by the refs in the first half. Each KC penalty was blatant and an easy call for them to make 

I dont agree. At the very least the Bucs benefited from pointing out the "sticky" coverage vs the Bills and alerting the refs to watch out for certain things but a Brady led team got all the calls, i'm not surprised. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Also...wth with the defense limiting Hill so much? The Bills let him waltz all over the field?? Shows it can be done wth Frazier?

the chiefs offensive coaches got totally Schooled. They didn’t adjust at all to the Bucs 2-high coverage.

When we did the same thing, the chiefs either ran the ball really well, or got the ball to Hill in space about 7-8 years out and he got a ton of RAC. 

17 minutes ago, Success said:

Only 2 weeks after we were exposed as the same.

It was like watching a mirror of that game tonight.  Weird deja vu.  Mahomes even had 20-30 yard sprinting backwards dropbacks.

That's right.

Remember the Moneyball line from Billy Beane? "My [crap] doesn't work in the playoffs."

With a couple notable exceptions (the Kurt Warner Greatest Show on Turf Rams and last year's Chiefs) the track meet style of offense seems to be subject to the Beane rule. Even the Peyton Manning record breaking offenses flopped; it was only the defense-dominant Broncos of 2015 that were able to win when Manning was just a shell of himself.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the chiefs offensive coaches got totally Schooled. They didn’t adjust at all to the Bucs 2-high coverage.

When we did the same thing, the chiefs either ran the ball really well, or got the ball to Hill in space about 7-8 years out and he got a ton of RAC. 

And Mahomes looked slightly tight going against Brady, the way Josh looked a little tight going against Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Reid just said, I wasn't expecting it..I donno what but he wasn't expecting it